PDA

View Full Version : Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

stevemawmv
04-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Hello Eline...
Thanks for visiting, I visited your website...nice job with it!
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
04-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Sorry. Changed my mind, decided for my favorite bassist instead, T.Wilkenfeld. Internet ref. oil and lots of blending.
Check her out with J. Beck and others, she's really a fantastic bass player!

Marilyn Anne
04-13-2014, 10:54 PM
I bet she would love to see this painting of her!

D Akey
04-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Really gorgeous painting. You gave her this wonderful golden glow and sort of introspective look reminiscent to me of the American master painter Thomas Eakins -- though not precisely of course. Yours has an interesting quality of its own. But the feel does create parallels in my mind. (A compliment, in case you were wondering).

I love your volume and almost angelic quality. GREAT hair! Wonderful facial features. Probably because of the classical elegance of her clothes and expression and the lighting, she looks to me more like a cellist than a (rock?) bassist. But again, don't take that as less than a compliment. It's just a free association.

I really really like this one. Bravo!

Eakin's Portrait of Alice Kurtz is what came to mind (sort of).

http://www.artrenewal.org/artwork/083/83/26960/portrait_of_alice_kurtz-large.jpg

AndreaMG
04-14-2014, 05:19 AM
Wow, I agree with our friend D, she certainly has an angelic look, how did you managed to paint her hair in such a way?? Crazy good Dear Steve!:cool:

gxhpainter2
04-14-2014, 10:09 AM
STUNNING,, I am in love for sure... what hair!.... wonderfully done dear friend... one of your finest to be sure.

stevemawmv
04-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Marilyn... Glad you like it and thanks for visiting...I like your Spring flowers by the way!

D Akey...Thanks for pointing out Thomas Eakins to me, great lighting in 'Alice Kurtz'..enjoyed them all.
But also enjoyed the simplicity of 'Study of a Man's Head for Mending the Net and Franklin Schenck'. More importantly thank you for really liking this image, I enjoy doing them.

Thanks Andrea...she does..doesn't she! The hair...took a bit of time.

Caesar
04-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Et voilà, the golden lady with the bass ... Marvellous! What a mestery with her hair! :eek::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

stevemawmv
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Hi Gary....She's quite interesting, check her out. And thank you for your kind comments, couldn't have done it without Artrage, good photo references and patience.

Hello Caesar...'The golden lady with the bass' for sure, an amazing musician and a joy to watch and listen to.

Thank you both and take care....
Steve

Alexandra
04-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Beautiful, Steve. A renaissance woman both in appearance and talent.

pai
04-16-2014, 12:12 PM
She's so beautiful. Love her expression. Great painting, Steve :)

stevemawmv
04-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Thank you Sandy...I really appreciate it!

justjean
04-17-2014, 05:32 PM
A lovely lady with great hair, Steve

silvy
04-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Awesome painting. Love the expression, the hair, and the black bg for contrast:cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks Pai......Her closed eyes and hair were fun, but next time going to find a reference photo with them open and a ponytail.

Hi Jean.....Thanks, her hair is something else...'you said it, it is great hair'...maybe finish all the twirls someday.

Silvia....Thank you for the kind comments, I tried different backgrounds but the black stuck.

Thank you all......and take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
04-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Just playing around.....Something quick and silly.

Caesar
04-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Well done, dear Steve the magician! They're both glamourous and blazing!

AndreaMG
04-19-2014, 12:19 AM
Haha poor Daffy :D

gxhpainter2
04-19-2014, 04:24 AM
OMG......Daffy blasted out in a super nova!... now this is different.... like the fiery background....:cool:

stevemawmv
04-20-2014, 04:11 AM
Thank you Caesar, Andrea, and Gary...Haven't a clue why I did this, been home for a week awaiting major surgery.... watching to much television I guess?

silvy
04-20-2014, 04:50 AM
Cool Duffy:cool:! Great background:)

AndreaMG
04-20-2014, 07:55 AM
Thank you Caesar, Andrea, and Gary...Haven't a clue why I did this, been home for a week awaiting major surgery.... watching to much television I guess?
Best wishes Dear Steve hope that everything comes out for the best. I'll be waiting for you! Ciao

justjean
04-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Daffy looks great and best wishes for your upcoming surgery, Steve

stevemawmv
04-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Silvia...Thank you! Sort of a wierd idea, think I was trying to cheer myself up but then saw a message in it.
Take care friend,
Steve
Going to try it again...does kinda make me laugh...sorta !

stevemawmv
04-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Best wishes Dear Steve hope that everything comes out for the best. I'll be waiting for you! Ciao

Thank you dear friend for your kind words, all starts next thrusday...Whoopee! open abdominal surgery to repair a aortic aneurysm and two in the iliac arteries. Again Andrea, I really appreciate your words and your best wishes.

Daffy looks great and best wishes for your upcoming surgery, Steve
Thank you dear Jean, I really appreciate this reply...means alot to me. Not really looking forward to this operation but the doctors made damn sure that I realized what happens if the big one ruptures...which I already knew.

Tip to all...Don't look up Surgery videos on Yout***! It will Just depress the hell out of you and leave a image in your mind that you cannot forget!

D Akey
04-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Thank you dear friend for your kind words, all starts next thrusday...Whoopee! open abdominal surgery to repair a aortic aneurysm and two in the iliac arteries. Again Andrea, I really appreciate your words and your best wishes.

Thank you dear Jean, I really appreciate this reply...means alot to me. Not really looking forward to this operation but the doctors made damn sure that I realized what happens if the big one ruptures...which I already knew.

Tip to all...Don't look up Surgery videos on Yout***! It will Just depress the hell out of you and leave a image in your mind that you cannot forget!

Well, I certainly hope your surgery is perfect and your recovery swift! Sending out a prayer for you and the doctors and staff.

Interestingly enough I will have my own surgery in the abdomen in about a month, although mine is gallbladder removal. I feel no particular calling to watch videos on this. Fairly recently I was able to watch the journey of the live camera up my rectum and into my colon - brilliant spelunking -- Carlsbad Caverns have nothing on my colon, I must tell you. Then shortly thereafter I got a digital movie from my plumber of the camera-eye view as it was sent through my sewer lines. And you know what. They were almost identical but there was no closed captioning. High concept, good plot, lots of action, really gets inside -- it's like Hamlet being performed by two rival theatrical companies. The same but different.

Anyway, stay positive. That's your bit. Be well.

stevemawmv
04-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi D Akey...
Thank you dear friend for your prayer and best wishes, sending mine out to you early for your surgery next month. Is this a age thing or what? The 'Golden years'... appearently were not there yet, still somemore payments required till we arrive.
Thanks again friend and take care,
Steve

gxhpainter2
04-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Steve and D Akey.... wow a lot of surgeries going on... I will be sending you both prayers for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery for sure...

stevemawmv
04-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Steve and D Akey.... wow a lot of surgeries going on... I will be sending you both prayers for a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery for sure...
Thank you dear friend... I really appreciate your prayers and best wishes, and I know D Akey will also when he reads your reply to the both of us.....
Can't thank you enough!
Take care friend,
Steve

*Update...Just opened my surgery pre-op letter..Two words 'Holy Crap' six to seven hours for the operation, five to nine days recovery in the hospital, nine to fourteen days recovery at home and forty five days for full recovery. Only good thing about it...if you could call it that, is no work for two months...may be time to start thinking about retiring, not getting a paycheck anyway.
Take care everyone!

justjean
04-23-2014, 10:23 AM
You will do great Steve, think positive and wishing you all the best :)

Caesar
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry You have to undergo such a surgical sequence, but I'm pretty sure everything will be OK and I'll pray for it, dear friend. After all some tougher experiences and scars would eventually increase Your charm and I do know what I mean since I've been the playground for quite a few surgeons for both minor and really serious interventions. Wish You all the best and the promptest of the recoveries because You're requested in here soon! Hugs! (BTW, my father did the same than You at 80 and evething went fine, so don't worry too much and keep, as much as You can, tranquil and confident about it).

coops
04-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Hope everything goes well for you. Great duckie painting too:)

stevemawmv
04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
You will do great Steve, think positive and wishing you all the best :)
Thank you Dear Jean, really appreciate your best wishes.....it all starts tomorrow. I must be nervous, started four
paintings since yesterday...
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
04-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm so sorry You have to undergo such a surgical sequence, but I'm pretty sure everything will be OK and I'll pray for it, dear friend. After all some tougher experiences and scars would eventually increase Your charm and I do know what I mean since I've been the playground for quite a few surgeons for both minor and really serious interventions. Wish You all the best and the promptest of the recoveries because You're requested in here soon! Hugs! (BTW, my father did the same than You at 80 and evething went fine, so don't worry too much and keep, as much as You can, tranquil and confident about it).
Caesar....Thank you dear friend, for your prayers and encouraging words. Was hoping to wait twenty five years before falling apart, but that's not going to happen. Going in tomorrow and all I want to do is wake up after the operation, get home and finish the paintings I started, start new ones and check in with all our friends here and see what you've been up to!
Take care and thanks again!
Steve

stevemawmv
04-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Hope everything goes well for you. Great duckie painting too:)

Katie....Thank you very much, your such a dear with your kind words and checking in on me as you do! And I don't know why the duck got painted, it just something fun to paint untill I realized what I was doing to him in the pic...Huh! Hope it's not a message....I really like your new painting, reminds me of Wyeth and the few paintings of single people and hills that he did.
Thanks again and take care,
Steve

See you all soon!

stevemawmv
04-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Dear friend D Akey....

Hi D Akey...
Thank you dear friend for your prayer and best wishes, sending mine out to you early for your surgery next month.
Saying another prayer and giving you my best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
04-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Dear friend D Akey....

Saying another prayer and giving you my best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
Take care friend,
Steve

Yeah, likewise. You're going in today is it? You stay optimistic and let them take care of you. We don't get that level of attention in the real world all that much, which ain't a bad thing. So enjoy what you can and pinch a couple nurses on the bum, there's a good lad. Get your money's worth.

justjean
04-25-2014, 02:11 AM
So enjoy what you can and pinch a couple nurses on the bum, there's a good lad. Get your money's worth.

and if your lucky the opposite might happen, Steve :D :)

and the best o luck on your visit to the surgery Mr DA :) :D

D Akey
04-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks JustJean. . .

Steve, in support of dear JustJean's well wishes, I figure that the reason those hospital gowns are open in the back are for the comfort and ease of the nurses when they go to tweak the rump when they see an artist they fancy. Don't want to diminish the effect of their manicured nails, don'tcha know. So keep the gown a little loose and it'll be like leaving the porch light on -- inviting. . .

MJSparks
04-25-2014, 01:52 PM
Some how I knew Daffy would be involved. Fun work. I saw Duckageddon...and I was hoping for someone to relieve us of the Duck Dynasty crew... but Daffy is so much better. LOL

pat1940
04-29-2014, 04:14 PM
Steve, sending my best to you, wishing everything goes well for you, wonderful paintings

Caesar
04-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Best wishes again for a prompt recovery now I guess, dear Steve. How was the plumber repairing Your pipes? I hope a gorgeous female doctor ...;):)

eighty+
04-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi Steve Sorry I missed out on your surgery by now you'll be back home having the family fussing over you congrats ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D SLAINTE KIA ORA

D Akey
04-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Yeah, let's get him out here into the forums again. How are you doing, Steve? Still hoping the best for you. Let us know when you're back.

gxhpainter2
04-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Steve, hope everything went well for you, looking forward to seeing you back here with your magnificent work ..:):) Daffy included :):)

copespeak
04-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Thinking of you Steve. xx

SilverO
05-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I hope everything went well
Awesome daffy painting:)

AndreaMG
05-04-2014, 04:49 AM
Hope you feel better Dear Steve

eighty+
05-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Just Checking to see if Steve was Back ?? KIA ORA

pai
05-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Hope you are well and back soon Steve. Best wishes to you and looking forward to see your new painting :)

stevemawmv
05-13-2014, 06:57 PM
So happy to be back home!!!!
Took longer then I was expecting.....and may take a bit longer to get back up to speed, but I am at home for now and thankful for that. I can see I've got a lot of catching up to do, and will do my best to accomplish it.
I want to thank all of you for the best wishes you've given me and your kind words of support, I really appreciate them all, they are all very kind.
Thank you all!

Yeah, let's get him out here into the forums again. How are you doing, Steve? Still hoping the best for you. Let us know when you're back.

D Akey....Thank you dear friend, hope all is well with you, and I ain't going to talk about my little hospital stay...untill I know yours is done and your back home...and as for the 'Nurses, not in the hospital I was in, maybe next time.

Jean....Thank you dear friend, no such luck in the hospital I was in....

MagenSparks.... Thank you, glad you liked Daffy, he was my cheer up before going to the hospital.

Pat.....Thank you dear Pat for your best wishes...happy to be back and looking forward to seeing all the new paintings!

Caesar....Thank you for your best wishes my dear friend, no gorgeous female doctors in my 'OR' maybe next time.

Eighty....Thank you dear friend, glad to be home. be checking in with you soon.

Gary.... I was hanging your paintings on my hospital walls for to weeks, yeah..I know in my mind, just wanted colors and things to look at and think up stories about.

Robyn....Thank you dear friend, I've got to catch up on what you've been up to since your Hospital visit.

Eline.... Thank you dear friend, very kind of you and I'm happy you like my duck, he may still be obiting out there.

Andrea...Thanks friend, lots of catching up to do....it will take time, thank you very much for checking in on me during my absence.

Pai....Thank you dear for your best wishes, hope you are well too. Looking forward to maybe finishing what I left undone and putting something up soon.

Again, Thank you all!
Steve

gxhpainter2
05-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Steve, great to have you back! can't wait until you get back to sharing some great paintings again!...

D Akey
05-14-2014, 04:07 AM
Welcome home! So the nurses were not on the A List? Or was the lack of derriere tweaking because you broke the cardinal rule and called them over, "Rachael. . . Oy, Rachael. . . Get over here ya little replicant and we'll fix to Xeroxing. . ." the error in that being that you called them Rachael. Although it's probably better than calling them all Priss. But I've found ya got to get their name right sometimes. Well, at least you got them to pose for you, right?

So all in all, you sound bright and chipper, and that's a wonderful thing. Well done you! You were missed.

silvy
05-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Welcome back!!!:):):)

AndreaMG
05-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Welcome back Dear Steve. :)

justjean
05-14-2014, 09:53 AM
So good to see you posting and that your home, Steve. I was getting a little worried :)

Caesar
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
What a relief and joy to hear from you back, dear Steve. I hope You checked around on your body that non fundamental piece is missing ... LOL:o;) Anyway if You had nothing to show you could have at least set up a quickie with the picture of a scar, or whatever, artistically overpainted ....:eek::D
Proceed promptly and in full force up to Your complete recovery.

stevemawmv
05-15-2014, 06:06 AM
Gary, D Akey, Silvy, Andrea, Jean and Ceasar.....
Thank you all so much.... Glad to be back and hearing from you all!
Going to post some finished stuff from before I left till I get to full speed again.
Again, Thank you all!
Steve

AndreaMG
05-15-2014, 07:12 AM
You're quite welcome Dear Steve. Take care :)

coops
05-16-2014, 02:56 AM
So good to have you back Steve and hope all goes well with you:)

Alexandra
05-16-2014, 03:16 AM
So sorry to read you were in the hospital, Steve, take good care dear man.

stevemawmv
05-16-2014, 06:13 AM
This was just an experiment before I left.......it's from my moms books again, ref. Loomis thirties-forties?
Just always liked this style.....Sorry I got nothing new, maybe next week.
OH! this isn't done ether!
Take care all,
Steve

stevemawmv
05-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Thank you...Andrea, Katie and Sandy!
Take care you all,
Steve

AndreaMG
05-16-2014, 06:55 AM
It's fabulous Dear Steve!!!! Love the expression between the ecstasy and the falling asleep, the Ocra color palette, the eyelashes, the materic effect on her hair... Phenomenal :cool: ciao

eighty+
05-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Hi Steve Any chance of a Swop I've got a good one of a Heron if your interested ;) :D :D :D :D :D:D :D:D KIA ORA

stevemawmv
05-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Thank you dear Andrea....glad you like her image and expression. Going to start trying new styles and methods from time to time, think I'am getting stale!

Eighty....Thank you as well, glad you visited...Like her aye', swap away friend!
Take care the both of you, and thanks again!

D Akey
05-16-2014, 04:02 PM
Love it! You might want to work on getting the hang od hair lines though. It's not much to know really. when hair falls across skin we can have an abrupt edge. But when we see the roots beginning to grow as with the top of the forehead, we see skin through the hair foe a short bit. So it's more broken as you did around the temple. That's working well. You may want to consider the brush strokes leading into the hair away from the skin rather than going crosswise. Just look at those details in other paintings for some different ways to handle it.

Be that as it may, the colors are really nice. The overall look is really great. Love the forms, the features and all that. And the expression is very feminine. Very well done. :):):)

MKROOT
05-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Great painting :)

pai
05-16-2014, 05:50 PM
She is so beautiful. I like the angle and her expression. Great painting, Steve :)

stevemawmv
05-16-2014, 06:58 PM
Dear D Akey.... Hope your well and staying cool these days, got my windows open trying to snag a breeze rolling off the mountain into my little valley here.
Thanks for the tips on this one....hair and forehead interaction, always had problems on some portraits....I will return to this one and finish it soon.
Take care friend,
Steve

byroncallas
05-17-2014, 02:33 AM
Such a wonderful thread, rich and rewarding to explore. Love the last piece here even in its unfinished state.

Most certainly hope you are well. All best thoughts.

stevemawmv
05-17-2014, 06:44 AM
MKROOT.....Thanks for visiting , glad you like the painting
Pai....Thank you...the angle, thought I'd try something different, usually I do front or side images. Happy you liked it.
Take care both of you,
Steve

Did a little tweaking of hair/forehead and neck...Still not there....Huh!

justjean
05-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Steve, looks like the hospital stay did not hurt your painting any, she is a beauty :D

gxhpainter2
05-17-2014, 10:10 AM
steve, what a great start, love the colors and composition I think with just a few careful corrections and additional ( aka D Akey's suggestion ) you will have a real winner here..!..:cool::cool::cool: Stay cool my friend.

stevemawmv
05-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Byron...Thanks for checking out my thread....Glad you enjoyed it, I will proberly keep tweaking the last piece a litttle more.
Thank you also for your best wishes....

Jean.....Thank you, not up to full speed yet....Glad you like her, still working on it.

Gary.....Thanks friend, taking all the advise I can.....just experimenting with different styles.
Take care all of you,
Steve

Alexandra
05-19-2014, 04:29 PM
A beautiful lady, Steve, and beautifully painted! Gena Davis?

YoannLori
05-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Great painting. Congrats !

silvy
05-20-2014, 05:42 AM
One of your best dear Steve:) beautiful framing , superb skin, very sensual.

Caesar
05-20-2014, 09:33 PM
I see You painted the angel on Your left while You were in the hospital bed ... :cool: I hope You resumed roaring now!

kenmo
05-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Outstanding....:cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
05-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Sandy.....Thank you, now that you've mentioned Gena, I can see it...but she's from the thirties or forties.
Yoann.....Thank you kind sir, and thank you for visiting.
Silvy.......I am happy you think so dear friend, thank you.
Caesar....I was hoping angels were watching over me, as for roaring, my take sometime dear friend.
Ken........Glad you like her and thanks for visiting and your great comment.
Take care all of you,
Steve

stevemawmv
05-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Originally posted on Skylar's 'twilight of the cat'..... http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?47000-Twilight-Of-The-Cat

Magnificent! Also an image for wishing to Steve all the best to recover soon and roaring herein again soon with his artpieces!
I just thought this was so very kind of Caesar, and wanted to keep it in this thread as well. Thank you Caesar for thinking of me and your continued encouragement
and best wishes!
Take care dear friend.....
And thank you Skylar for painting such a magnificent, strong image that inspired Caesar's comment to me!
Steve

eighty+
05-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Hi Steve Did You Sketch her in the Bath :eek: ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

AndreaMG
05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
I keep looking at her, I think I'm in love :o

stevemawmv
05-23-2014, 05:29 AM
Dear Eighty.....She does look like a model posing for a bubble bath advertisment in a forties/fifties magazine. But she's merely drifting of to sleep.......Maybe after her bath? HEhe!

Dear Andrea....She's a beauty from the past, and I'am sure she acquired many hearts during her life, and many fell under her spell..and her image still retains this after all these years.
Take care friends,
Steve

Recommended rotating her clockwise for a different look for Eighty to copy
and I kinda like this angle as well.

stevemawmv
05-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Finished up this one, hope you like it......
Net reference used, just a practice for technique.

eighty+
05-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Hi steve its good to see your back on Form its Smashing ;);) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

gxhpainter2
05-23-2014, 09:30 AM
beautiful Steve.... great warm colors, it amazed me when artists like you can paint teeth that look natural and moist... next to eyes they are usually the weakest part of some works. but this one shines in all areas... :cool::cool:

AndreaMG
05-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Wow she is stunning Dear Steve, love her pose and the illusion of the wind on her face and the hair. Bravo!! Ciao :cool:

D Akey
05-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Why do I feel like I've seen this before I wonder. Had to have been decades ago -- the expression, pose and dark hair. . . Trying to think who this reminds me of. Nice one. :cool:

stevemawmv
05-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Eighty....Glad you like her and thanks for visiting.
Gary......Thank you, eyes and teeth I find the hardest to do even with good ref. images.
Andrea...It appears J.C. is becoming my second favorite model.
D Akey...I did post just her eyes back in early april, but the image is also a wallpaper/background image on the net.
Thank you all,
Steve

Well, here's another view...

MKROOT
05-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Very nice, I like it. :)

Caesar
05-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm glad to see You didn't lose your magical touch, dear Steve :D ... and Your taste for beauties ...:o;) Utmost fascinating girl!

coops
05-23-2014, 11:43 PM
What a beauty and great painting:)

stevemawmv
05-24-2014, 04:18 AM
Marcin ....Thank you for visiting and enjoying the image.
Caesar......Thank you dear friend for your kind comments, working on some 'non beauties' to even it out.
Thank you both and take care!
Steve

justjean
05-24-2014, 04:22 AM
She is a beauty Steve, altho I think her hairline needs some blending :D

copespeak
05-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Back to work Steve! She's a beauty!

stevemawmv
05-25-2014, 04:11 AM
Katie....Thanks for stopping by and I am happy you like the painting.
Jean.....Thank you, glad you like her..always had problems with hair in general.
Robyn....Yeah, back at it....been longer then I wanted, but...I'am back. Thanks!
Take care all of your,
Steve

silvy
05-27-2014, 05:50 AM
Just wonderful, love the contrast of color : smile, eyes, hair and dress.:cool::cool:

stevemawmv
05-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Thank you Silvia.....Happy you like her and glad you visited.
Take care friend,
Steve

coops
05-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Great painting Steve, she is very beautiful:)

stevemawmv
05-29-2014, 06:01 AM
Hello Katie.....Thanks for checking out the complete painting, happy you like it.
Take care,
Steve

Some extras....

Suzuka
05-29-2014, 06:07 AM
They are awesome.. :O Congratulations Steve!

copespeak
05-29-2014, 11:27 AM
She's lovely Steve with such a direct gaze! A departure from your ultra smooth blended skin. :cool:

SCP
05-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Nice to drop in and catchup on your paintings,great stuff Steve ! :cool:;)

stevemawmv
05-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Suzuka...Thank you for visiting and the kind comment.
Robyn....More of a crazy stare, glad you like her....the ultra's take too long, got some roughs and mild blends in the works.
Scott..... Your always welcome, thanks for catching up....I caught up with yours as well.
Take care all of you,
Steve

stevemawmv
05-29-2014, 07:25 PM
To my friend D Akey.....

Best wishes and sending out a prayer for a perfect surgery for you dear D Akey....
And remember your own words.....

You stay optimistic and let them take care of you. We don't get that level of attention in the real world all that much, which ain't a bad thing. So enjoy what you can and pinch a couple nurses on the bum, there's a good lad. Get your money's worth.
Take care and hurry and get
back to us friend,
Steve

Caesar
05-29-2014, 10:37 PM
With such a nice image enlarged, dear Steve, we seriously risk to end up kissing the screen ... LOL;):o

stevemawmv
05-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Dear Caesar.....I am glad you love'em friend,
next ones aren't so kissable. Going to post the
first one tonight and I have a special one I
did for you, but still working on it.
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
05-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Did this a couple of days ago, was listening to music and started painting.
It's kinda on the rough smooth mode, but like this way.
Hope you like it as well....
Take care all,
Steve

pai
05-30-2014, 08:48 PM
Love the last one a lot. Very expressive of his expression. It feels like you have painted his soul and his music :) Great one !

stevemawmv
05-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank you Pai.....Just wish he'd been around a little bit longer, Jim and Janis too and all the others
that left so soon...
Take care friend,
Steve

Repost, want him on top of the page...
plus I blended a little under right eye.
Sorry and thanks!

Marilyn Anne
05-30-2014, 10:35 PM
All very interesting and reflecting your talents.

kenmo
05-30-2014, 11:36 PM
You've nicely created the essence of Mr Hendrix...

D Akey
05-31-2014, 12:43 AM
To my friend D Akey.....

Best wishes and sending out a prayer for a perfect surgery for you dear D Akey....
And remember your own words.....

Take care and hurry and get
back to us friend,
Steve

Why thanks, Steve! Am definitely healing better and better by the hour. I can get around pretty much by myself now that I found which muscle groups I can work with for easier getting up and down, and clearing my throat from a tube being down it, muscles for urinating, etc -- ya know, the basics.

Oh, and since you mentioned your set of nurses were less than pinchable, As I was laying there hooked up to IVs getting questioned, informed and prepped for surgery, I'll have you know that when I asked each of the one's that came to within range of my pinchers whether they would present their derrieres for a tweak that they each in turn chuckled and told me to try in the next room over. So either the crowd in the next room were mates and they wanted to send me over like a razz, or it was all part of the HMO service, and/or HETERO, and were guiding me like cute little air traffic controllers. I'll never know what was in the next room. But the mind boggles. . .

After surgery in the recovery room I did go around and get some not too tight hugs from the nurses and nurses aids though, as appropriate with their not wanting to pop my sutures and spurt blood. Clearly not an episode of Twilight. A game lot were those nurses. My excuse for my behavior was I said I was on a mission and needed to report back to you all here in the forums, and an excess of medication. Lots of smiles.

But I'll tell you, I will never match the level of the old silent matinee idol John Barrymore when he was famously on his last legs in the hospital -- as recounted by Errol Flynn. Flynn was in the hospital room and a nurse who was apparently not so comely came over and woke up Barrymore who was all hooked up to the beeping monitors. Barrymore's eyes fluttered open and he took one look at her and winced. "Oh dear, this must be The other place," and he theatrically threw back his sheets and delivered his line, "Oh well, climb in anyway. . ."

So what have you been going through? Now that I am back you can tell the tale that you've been holding off on in deference to my going in for my own swordplay. I hope you're getting better. You're working so that means you can at least sit up now, right? Knit well, pearl two, says I. :cool::):):):):):)

AndreaMG
05-31-2014, 01:49 AM
I love the mood of this painting as well the colors! :cool: Super nice Dear Steve, hope you're feeling better Dear friend (and you too Dear D ^^)

stevemawmv
05-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Marilyn.....Thanks for visiting and happy you enjoyed my collection.
Ken..........Thanks, I tried my best...didn't want to screw it up, he's one of my favorites.
Take care,
Steve
Glad your back DA....
Going to have to get back to you and Andrea, my son just stopped by for a visit...

justjean
05-31-2014, 09:34 AM
I really like this Steve, strong and powerful :):)

stevemawmv
05-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Good to have you back D Akey....
Glad to hear everything went well with your surgery, and in reading your reply sounds like your feeling well and healing quickly....which is always a good thing! That tube!!!!!! back of my throat hurt for at lease a day....but I didn't have to worry about peeing for six days, thanks to the catheter tube, didn't feel it going in...Sure the hell felt it coming out after almost a week....

You know..there was one nurse that was really great, seem that it was more then just a job to her..like she really cared...good person and great sense of humour, came in handy dealing with me I guess. But, being in there for nine days unfortunately only saw her four times. All in all went well for the first surgery. Bad thing about it is I require more surgery in about three or four months...Bummer!

Love the story about John Barrymore...great line, and I am sure his delivery was flawless...As for painting, I will always figure out a way to draw or paint something.....My mother wouldn't have it any other way!

Again, glad to have you back!
Take care friend,
Steve

gxhpainter2
05-31-2014, 11:48 AM
wow what a powerful image of jimi. very nice work. is this since your surgery...? I know you did some work just prior to going in. hope your recovery is going smoothly..:cool::cool:

stevemawmv
05-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Hello Andrea....Glad you like it, wasn't sure about the colors, thought they were a bit icey at first. Thanks....feeling better everyday, just not looking forward to the second surgery and starting recovery all over again!....'It is what it is' though...
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
06-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Jimi looks pretty cool to me.

Geez Louise. . . going in for another surgery. You see, if you would have pinched the nurses bottoms, you wouldn't have to go back to complete your unfinished flirtations. This time, just ignore the catheter and. . . well I must admit, that could present some tactical challenges. . . Yeeeshhh. . . Sorry you had to go through that. Well, just think how impressed the nurses would be at your spirited demeanor as you're lumbering after them, tubes and ditty bags in tow. How could any health care worker resist the opportunity for an anecdote such as this?

Well, God Bless you my friend. You have the right stuff too and it's all getting sorted out. Be well.

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Thank you both, Jean and Gary....Did want to make it a strong image, and if he's recognizable to some, then I didn't need to paint a guitar in his hand. And this was done after surgery, some others started before surgery I finished and posted already.
Take care both of you,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Jimi looks pretty cool to me.

Geez Louise. . . going in for another surgery. You see, if you would have pinched the nurses bottoms, you wouldn't have to go back to complete your unfinished flirtations. This time, just ignore the catheter and. . . well I must admit, that could present some tactical challenges. . . Yeeeshhh. . . Sorry you had to go through that. Well, just think how impressed the nurses would be at your spirited demeanor as you're lumbering after them, tubes and ditty bags in tow. How could any health care worker resist the opportunity for an anecdote such as this?

Well, God Bless you my friend. You have the right stuff too and it's all getting sorted out. Be well.
Hey thanks D Akey... It didn't turn out exactly the way I planned, maybe the next time will be the charm.
Glad you liked his painting.....
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
06-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Your pensive Jimi Hendix (I guess) is great, like a mural mexican art, rich and deep tones, insightful approach ... Bravo!

YoannLori
06-04-2014, 12:35 AM
great portraits once again. :)

stevemawmv
06-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Caesar...That's is intense concentration playing his music you've picked up on....
Thank you my friend,
Steve

pat1940
06-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Great work as usual Steve and always a pleasure to see

silvy
06-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Love this one! Very strong portrait of Jimi. I can almost hear the notes:cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
06-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Yoann.....Thanks for visiting and leaving your kind comment.Great job on Anna...
Pat.......Thank you for your wonderful reply, by the way, your latest painting is beautiful.
Silvy.....Much appreciated, I listened to his music all that day...Thank you!
Take care all,
Steve

Continuing with music, a quick sketch and paint at the bowl...
Another favorite of mine, would sometimes perform laying on
the stage floor....never bothered me once!

AndreaMG
06-07-2014, 06:43 PM
This one is really gorgeous Dear Steve, is it Bon Jovi? His hair is perfect, which settings did you use? Ps you have to rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise. Hey wait only now I noticed the shadows and the hair he is actually on the ground, man these rock stars and their crazy poses :o ciao

stevemawmv
06-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks Andrea....
Oh he's definitely on the stage floor, J.Morrison performing "The Unknown Soldier"..1968.
Web Vid Ref...

pai
06-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Beautiful painting of a great artist. I like it :)

gxhpainter2
06-08-2014, 05:02 AM
wow what a dramatic painting.. the skin tones against the flat black of his shirt and the wild texturing of his hair ...you really have a way of picking unusual but very effect posing.. quite a treat of the usual portraiture between you and AndreaMG we are really getting a lot of high quality figurative work to see.. guess the meds have worn off and your feeling perky again !...:cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleye s:

copespeak
06-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Very clever Steve. I really really like the hair, hand, background and face. The neckline maybe is a bit unresolved compared to the rest? Maybe more of a shadow under the ear and along the jaw?

I don't know, just thinking out loud.... :)

stevemawmv
06-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Pai....Thank you very much, when it comes to music on the weekends, pretty much stuck
in the sixties and its obvious who some of my favorites are.

Gary...Thank you friend, glad you found this one interesting....Them angles..just a little break from
my usual close ups. I am very happy you like my attempts here, having a great time doing this again.

Robyn..Just trying some variety, and its only showing up as different angles and poses. Wish I
could do other stuff but just keep coming up with charactors...Thanks for the advise, I see it
now...this is last time I use a video as a reference.
Thank you all ...
Steve

Hi Robyn, don't know if this is any better.....
Plus how it was in the frame...

D Akey
06-09-2014, 03:57 AM
Here it is -- proof positive that Jim Morrison is a Nexus 6. If you're painting him, he likely is.

Love the hand. Really good form on that. I'm with Copespeak in that I would put in detail showing the forms for the neck and jaw, even if you have to invent it. It's centered in the pic pretty much, framed by everything else, and as such we're drawn to look at it, and it's sort of unformed. Kind of like the bridge is out on the road.

It's one of the things to look for when you're choosing your models and photos to work from. Look for how the pic will translate into a painting. You want to check if all the information if there to begin with. Light and shadow are usually the most telling point. Not just theme or subject. Took me a while to learn that and nobody ever told me to look at things that way. If parts of your reference is missing you are going to have to add it out of your head, and this is where experience and knowledge of anatomy or what have you is most useful.

The rest of the painting works pretty well.

I remember this performance routine he used to do for Unknown Soldier and always thought it a little over the top, even as a naive high school kid, but he was a former film school guy and those were the days of performance art and stage experimentation. Remember how hard it was to see performances at all in those days? In LA there were performances of all kinds all the time. One of my regrets is that I never saw the Doors live. Especially when friends said things in an off handed way like, "Oh the Doors? Yeah, they played at our high school." Ugh! Pearls before swine, says I. But then at the time, who knew.

I was a little too young (and thus broke) to get into the Whiskey when the Sunset Strip was really happening back in the hippie days. So by the time I was old enough to go, all the groups that played there got too big for that venue or they had broken up. And by the time I came back to the States, everything had changed. So it was like the had set my appetites and then never delivered. But I digress. . .

Neat seeing your paintings. We seem to share a lot of cultural overlap.

stevemawmv
06-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Hello D Akey....
First the saw the Doors in the city I grew up in, 'City by the bay'. Hitchhiked to Monterey, had to see Janis and this
crazed guitarist I had heard about named Jimi, wasn't crazy at all....new exactly what he was doing! After that I pretty much
went to every concert in the bay area I could afford...tickets back then were anywhere from $1.50 to as high as $3.00...well,
that was a lot to me then, but well worth it....the memories are priceless. Oh yeah! I sneaked in the Avalon Ballroom one night
and Lee's Security caught me, fortunately Chet Helms saw it, stopped them from throwing my ass out....always paid from then on!
Saw Chet years later, told him the story, thought it was funny and said 'lucky it wasn't Graham's place.
Me at sixteen and seventeen......Yeah Yeah Yeah!....long haired hippie! But you have to remember, I was in the right place for it!
Anyway, Thanks D Akey.....
Take care friend,
Steve

Hey!....Remember those great concert posters back then, and years later kickin yourself
for not saving them!
Note...Chet Helms and Bill Graham were concert promoters both starting in the mid sixties.

gxhpainter2
06-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Steve, cool story, you were right in the thick of it... I was long haired at well and a quasi-hippe , but was going to college, a terrible and wonderful time all at once.. great pictures of you ...always nice to see the faces behind the names...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
06-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Criminee. . . talk about a blast from the past! Man oh man, you had all the trappings of my friend who I traveled around California at that precise time who dropped out of high school midway through his senior year to go north to the area you lived in. He had one sister living in Berkeley and the other in Santa Cruz. His hair was the same color and length as yours, plus he wore the same uniform you are wearing in both pics (remember surplus stores and western wear and all that Nitty Gritty Dirt Band look?) And he managed about the same level of youthful mustache.

And now with this new data you've presented, I can see the why of it all: Clearly there must have been a magnet there pulling the youth in a sort of mass hypnotic migratory cultural experiment. And don't think I didn't feel the pull. Hey, I can scoff at him for having dropped out when he did, but I finished high school in the usual timing. So between my finishing high school and what with my draft number being 17, I missed so much of it. . . and he didn't. So maybe he knew the bus was pulling out and so he sneaked in under the wire. Me, I spend my most lengthy Northern California experience with super short hair at Fort Ord near Monterey in basic training. And by the time my service was over, I came back and everybody was gone and even the music on the radio had changed.

By the way, if you ever saw a tan VW bug straining very hard, but moving really slowly up hills through and around Big Sur, surrounded by a protective bubble. . . probably me.

Yeah, I loved those old posters. They promised participation in a phantom culture. Alfonse Muscha being posthumously conscripted into commercial art to be selling Zig-Zag papers and concert promoting. All it did was show me I didn't have a clue and all my life I had been painfully unaware of style and how to navigate the hip side of life, which my parents, and school had been cruelly hiding from me.

The psychedelic poster style you show samples of was firmly San Francisco and when it made it in the Free Press and local head shops, it meant there was a Bay Area based band playing somewhere close. And I think in some cases, those posters were far more interesting than the actual music some of those bands created. But those looks really own that mystique. I can look at those anywhere anytime and get sling-shotted back to that time.

OK, I'm thoroughly jealous. You lived in the Bay Area at the height of the hippie era. (Peter Pinckney would be green with envy too, if he wasn't already steeped in the real thing in England). I'm in awe. Well done you! All I can suspect is you had really good good karma coming to you this lifetime for some great beneficence you paid humanity in a previous lifetime. Yeah, we were most definitely near neighbors.

Thanks for the window back.

=======
Edit:
Oh, forgot to mention, that IS a GREAT anecdote about Chet Helms and the different styles of promoters! (and what we considered fair play regarding sneaking in to music concerts. . . thank you Woodstock! hahah)

When I was in art school there was a gallery here that was doing a specialty show wherein the top illustrators in record jacket design were selling the original art that went onto the covers. I was a starving student on the GI Bill at the time so there was no way I could have bought anything -- to my perpetual regret. Rick Griffin who was still very much alive at the time had an original acrylic painting in there of one of the Grateful Dead covers of a skeleton in a sort of stone circular window who was playing the violin. It was the most amazing technical work I had ever seen -- the guy, as you can tell by his black and white designs for Zap Comix, was a noodler par excellence. You knew he just sat down and focused on a painting till the cows came home. You should have seen it. And absolutely no printing job could replicate it properly. He must have been using gel additives giving the paint an amazing richness and luster and depth I can't really describe. Oh well -- another cultural moment of Bay Area envy. . . and another guy who was born down here and moved at some point along the way up there. Oh, and just as an asides, I think it was selling for only $2500. Why couldn't it have been for sale after I was making some money. . . yeesh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Griffin

Caesar
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Is the lady sleeping or what, dear Steve? The pose looks very natural and the painting effective!

kenmo
06-10-2014, 02:41 AM
Fine rendition of Jimmy....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Gary and D Akey....
Nothing better to help sail through a slow weekend then a nostalgic trip down memory lane, did bring to mind some strong memories of those times. All togather, it was a once in a lifetime experience that I'am happy to have participated in! Glad I help stir some of these memories for you two as well, and thank you both for sharing some of them with me.
And glad to see we all didn't take Timothy's counter culture phase... 'Turn on, tune in, drop out' to literally, well...I did partake in some of those exercises, but as all exercises go, didn't stick to routines of them!
Glad you saw this and added to it Gary, and your right, at times it was a tumultuous decade, but of one that made us think, and from our thinking, came change...
But it sounds like we all had a hell of a time of it, hopefully all good..Take care friend!
DA, you've got the best comments, replies and stories!...love reading them, and thanks for taking the time to share them...
And hoping you stopped and gave me a ride in that tan bug, I did a lot of hitch hiking in those days....
That was fun.....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Dear Caesar....

Oh he's definitely on the stage floor, J.Morrison performing "The Unknown Soldier"..1968.
Yes, all my recent models either want profiles of them or just lying down, because they all know how
long it takes me to paint!
Thank you dear friend....

Hello Ken.....Thanks for visiting, hope you liked Morrison as well, had myself a stroll down memory lane
over the weekend.
Take Care,
Steve

justjean
06-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Great painting Steve and his hair looks great :):):)

SCP
06-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Great Paintings Steve,like the Landscape angle to a Portrait ,nice work mate.;):D

stevemawmv
06-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you dear Jean, glad you like him....I still have problems with hair, but this
turned out kinda neat....
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Hello Scott.... All them poses, profiles, angles and dangles and just plain lying down on the job shots...
Glad you stopped by and caught the show....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Got some inspiration watching a few favorite old movies last night......
and started this one, just an eye for now...any guesses? This is going
to be done in the style of someone very close to me..

Caesar
06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Looking to this detail of the eye, I would say it's a Kurosawa movie ...:rolleyes:

SCP
06-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Looking good,keep it going Steve !:cool:

stevemawmv
06-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Caesar.....Thanks for visiting, it's not Kurosawa but he was a great director as well.
Scott.......Thanks Mate, going to try to keep up the pace with everyone.
Take care you both,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-12-2014, 11:51 AM
This is a tribute to my mom, by that I mean it's in the style that she mostly used when she just wanted to kick out a quick painting.
Meaning she would do a painting with real oils on canvas and usually finish it in a couple of hours. Something I haven't been able to
duplicate even digitally....And when she felt like going all out, she would spend hours and days blending till she felt happy with the piece.
Anyway, hope you like it....

Caesar
06-12-2014, 07:54 PM
May God always bless Your mom whence you got some of Your artistic talent, dear friend! It must have been marvellous to have a true artist as parent and a great opportunity to have a more creative and insightful attitude towards life. Your portrait of Hitchy is very well painted and I'd be absolutely happy and relieved if that means that Your engaginh recovery is proceeding fast and well. Wish You and Your family all the best!

kenmo
06-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Awesome tribute to one of my most favorite directors of all time....Mr Hitchcock....

eighty+
06-13-2014, 02:38 AM
Hi Steve :D when I dash in the other day I thought Poor (old) Steve still in pain don't look like his stuff :D:D but today having more time to look

Closer I like it as more like a painting if you know what I mean ;) anyway to get down to the nitty gritty I've done a quick copy on the

IPad looking at yours on my Wacom ok I'll wait till yours Is dry before posting ok and as they say in Poland POZDRAWSKI

gxhpainter2
06-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Steve, I would echo Caesar's words about have a talented painter for a parent, being in a home with a talented artist kind of ingrains a certain appreciation for art and sense of style and what it takes to achieve it. watching some one paint in my opinion is the fastest way to learn painting.. reading books and looking are a help but to actually see how someone goes about achieving a certain look can only come for watching it done over and over..... This is a fine painting and a little more painterly than some previous work and very well done!!.:cool::cool:

D Akey
06-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Clearly a 'Gooooooodd Evening'. . .for you.

Well, he used to slip himself into his movies in the background somewhere. . . and here he is front and center, more like his TV introductions. I believe he was definitely one of the greats. But here he is, Alfred Hitchcock, making me smile and a little apprehensive all at once. Didn't he just create a whale of a franchise. In grade school, I remember books with his name on them filled with creepy anthologies.

I must confess I had seen the cropped-in eye and didn't know who it could have been. So you stumped me. :p;)

You're getting far more ambitious with your paintings, taking into consideration the use of color and I think a comparison could be made between 'with' and 'without' this stylistic addition as being filled with far more possibilities -- the difference between playing a song on the guitar with and without embellishments. 'Without' is perfectly correct and informational. But 'with' opens the door to so many other levels of personal interpretation. The former doesn't really have so much of a personal signature.

So now that you've opened the door, you're on your way. And Mr Hitchcock is like those dragons on the steps of the temple, who on one hand are trying to scare off those of faint heart not willing to take the harder journey for the huge reward because without the heart they would likely fail anyway. . .but if you look closely, these freaky little gate guardians are actually beckoning in those with the wit to go for it.

pat1940
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Steve, how lucky you are to have a parent artist, she taught you well, as I think you are a wonderful artist, and Hitchcock is done perfectly

justjean
06-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Steve, love the painterly look of this :):):):):):):)

stevemawmv
06-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Caesar...Thank you dear friend, my mom loves blessings and would agree with you on who passed out the talent in our family...very kind comments, and best wishes to and your family as well.

Ken......Have loved his movies since childhood and then Ridley Scott joined him midway though my life. Thank you for the comment and happy you like him as well.

Eighty...Well friend, still a bit of healing going on, as for not looking like my stuff, sometimes you got to read the fine print. Did it in my mom's style she would use for a quick paint.

Gary....It was definitely a blast growing up with mom, wish I'd continued painting, instead of takinga couple of decades off to pursue...who knows what. Anyway, I am back at it..fortunately I remember watching her paint and pretty much most of the stuff she taught me. So I would like to do a few of these 'little more painterly' ones in between my usual stuff.
Thank you all,
Steve

eighty+
06-14-2014, 04:54 AM
ok Steve Are you Ready for a Laugh don't forget it was a quick bash on my IPad ok yeah I had a Mum who could do anything she put her mind to

successfully as well :D :D :D ok I'll bung it on my thread :eek::eek:

stevemawmv
06-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Clearly a 'Gooooooodd Evening'. . .for you.
Thanks Dear D Akey....The other 'Intro' I loved as a kid was... 'You unlock this door with the key of imagination'.........
Loved watching those shows.....and really enjoyed reading your story about 'Hitchcock', and absolutely enjoyed your
comments on the painting, your replies are much appreciated, and I always look forward to them.
Take care....

Steve, how lucky you are to have a parent artist, she taught you well, as I think you are a wonderful artist, and Hitchcock is done perfectly
Thank you Dear Pat.....It was 'Blast' being raised by mom, learned alot...she was a good teacher, happy I came close to her style, and really glad you like it.
Take care....

Steve, love the painterly look of this
Thanks Jean....It was fun doing this, going to try to do more in the future.....I am happy you enjoyed seeing it.
Take care....

AndreaMG
06-14-2014, 07:22 AM
What a beautiful painting Dear Steve, you captured not only his appearance but his "way of being" as well. Ciao

SCP
06-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Ahhhh and the Classic "Birds" was on T.V here a few nights ago ! :eek: Great work Steve !:cool:

stevemawmv
06-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you Andrea and Scott.....It was fun doing this, glad I watch the movies. Scott..... I have my own little 'Hitch fest' once a year....
Take care both of you,
Steve

Another Eye, there's a mouth around here somewhere...

coops
06-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Wow thats great, well done Steve:)

stevemawmv
06-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Thanks Katie....I checked out your latest as well, nicely done!

stevemawmv
06-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Red and burnt orange hues, a little off street lighting and a little roughness with the image.
Movie... web ref....rough blend...and as far as this piece is going.

Caesar
06-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Another fantastic and intense piece! Bravo!

AndreaMG
06-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Fantastic Milla!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool: Regards

stevemawmv
06-21-2014, 06:23 AM
Thank you Caesar and Andrea......Those eyes give her a away I guess, glad you two like the image.
I have another one somewhere on this drive, will post it later.....

kenmo
06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
What a beautiful painting....

D Akey
06-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Exquisite and sexy pose and your painting of it is really cool. You nailed her seductive vibe.

silvy
06-22-2014, 05:28 AM
Wonderful Mr Hitchcock and gorgeous Milla Jovovich:cool::cool:
Really two masterpieces

Caesar
06-22-2014, 08:22 AM
She reminds me of Scully in X-files ... You finished it masterfully!

stevemawmv
06-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks Ken and D Akey.....Glad you both like the painting, I am surprised those colors didn't all blend into one orange, green and redish blur....
Take care guys,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Wonderful Mr Hitchcock and gorgeous Milla Jovovich:cool::cool:
Really two masterpieces
Thanks Silvy....They're both roughly done, but kinda like them that way. Happy you like them as well!
Thanks again...

She reminds me of Scully in X-files ... You finished it masterfully!
Caesar....Thanks you sir, and your right...does resemble Scully, I wouldn't have noticed it....
Take care....
Steve

justjean
06-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Great colours in this painting Steve :):)

pat1940
06-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Steve, just checking out your magnificent work again, love it

SCP
06-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Fantastic Steve ! Wow one of my fav movies,loved the visual cinematic aspects of this film.Great job on Milla.:cool:;)

stevemawmv
06-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Thank you Jean, Pat and Scott...I had some pretty wild colors to pick from, glad you all checked her out and liked the painting.
And yeah, that movie was over the top and visualy stunning...
Take care all,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Yeah I know, started this awhile ago...But she's tired of sitting and wants to go...'out tonight'. So take a look, check her out and if you have the time drop me a line...
Web ref., mild roughy style, clunky hair and not much blending..

D Akey
06-27-2014, 07:50 AM
8 6 7 5 3 0 niya-ayan. . .

Cool. Interesting cross between very thin fairly posterized paint and textural impasto almost like working a clay sculpture in the hair. She's a honey with lots of attitude.

Nice one. You got the presence there. And that's the primary part of portraiture. Once you have the essence defined, the technique can be creative as heck. In this case it has a hard edge, and not too subtle. And that automatically becomes a telling component of her personality -- whether made up on the whim of the artist, or she actually is like that. :cool::cool::cool:

(If I were to offer a crit, I would say the eyebrows are a little mechanically straight and don't seem to conform to the contour of her head.)

Caesar
06-27-2014, 10:56 PM
An effective style nonetheless to express her powerful personality in a quite firm pose. Bravo!

copespeak
06-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Looks like an admirable effort Steve. Nice and strong! :cool:

gxhpainter2
06-28-2014, 03:42 AM
interesting departure on this one Steve, as the others have said she has plenty of strong personality coming through, and the more hard edged technique subtly conveys that the eyebrows while unnaturally straight lend a kind of graphic edge/dissonance that gives her even more attitude and that works for me in this one...:):):cool::cool::cool:

justjean
06-28-2014, 03:59 AM
A very nice painting of a what looks like a strong minded woman, Steve :)

byroncallas
06-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Ditto others on the strong personality.
Visually, a hell of a battle for attention, the eyes vs. those lips.
What a visual tug of war.

AndreaMG
06-29-2014, 07:43 AM
Sorry, bit late (being busy busy choosing components and building my new pc :o), anyway she's gorgeous Dear Steve :cool:

stevemawmv
06-29-2014, 07:30 PM
8 6 7 5 3 0 niya-ayan. . .

Cool. Interesting cross between very thin fairly posterized paint and textural impasto almost like working a clay sculpture in the hair. She's a honey with lots of attitude.

Thanks D Akey, I should have came up with that, I knew Alex Call when he lived here and use to listen to his band Clover many years ago. Alex wrote it and Tommy Heath made it a hit. As for those eye brows, wanted them to be strong and straight, giving her a direct and factual look of her attitude.

An effective style nonetheless to express her powerful personality in a quite firm pose. Bravo!

Thank you Caesar, I know it's bit clunky, came out the way I wanted it to and I'am happy you agree that I managed to capture her projected personality.

Looks like an admirable effort Steve. Nice and strong! :cool:

Thank you Robyn, It's a roughy...Just started another smooth blend one that I'll post soon.

interesting departure on this one Steve, as the others have said she has plenty of strong personality coming through, and the more hard edged technique subtly conveys that the eyebrows while unnaturally straight lend a kind of graphic edge/dissonance that gives her even more attitude and that works for me in this one...:):):cool::cool::cool:
Thanks Gary, this is the first one with a edgy attitude I know, and those straight eyebrows do mean something about her personality, it was in a book about body language, profiling or something...Glad you like the image, I know its a bit of a mess, wanted to put a little punch in it...

A very nice painting of a what looks like a strong minded woman, Steve :)
Thanks Jean, She's definitely a strong minded woman in this image, have a few more of her in the works with less of a edge..

Ditto others on the strong personality.
Visually, a hell of a battle for attention, the eyes vs. those lips.
What a visual tug of war.
Thanks Byron, I'am glad the image works for you as well, and the 'tug of war' dilemma confirms I did somthing right on this one..
Here's some more lips for ya!

byroncallas
06-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Wonderful. And yes, very right.

stevemawmv
06-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Andrea.....Don't be sorry, glad you stopped by......like to know about your PC your putting togather though.
Take care friend,
Steve

SCP
06-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Great work Steve ,love the close up lips,well done!:cool::D

Caesar
06-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Nice lips to kiss! Fine execution. Waiting for the rest to solve the visual riddle ....

stevemawmv
07-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Byron...Thanks, glad you like 'them lips', I'll post the rest of her soon...

Scott...Ahhh those lips again, don't know why I do this, it's either eyes or lips...guess it's my 'Coming Attractions'....who knows!

Caesar..Thank you sir, you will recognize her when you see her, and yeah...I have to come up with some different subject material, my ladies and odd looking men may be getting old.
Thank you all for visiting,
Steve

stevemawmv
07-02-2014, 07:10 PM
A little experiment, this started as a well blended and detailed painting of mine....Decided to paint over it, and was surprised with the results. Reminds me of paintings I've seen before, just don't know where, who or style of? Hope you like this little detour from my usual stuff....First one has a lot of extra space...I like space, and other two just to show I didn't go in for my over blending that I fall into from time to time.
Steve

Gallery:http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/34590

copespeak
07-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Space works well there Steve. She hovers beautifully ........ :cool:

Bertrude
07-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Lovely picture of Rachael. The mood and atmosphere is wonderful.

Caesar
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
A girl I already saw among Your past artpieces now misteriously emerging from the penumbra ... You more than recovered all Your capabilities in this painting and she's certainly someone I would impudently keep staring and admiring for quite a long time, should I ever meet her.:o;)

kenmo
07-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Awesome paintings....:cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
07-03-2014, 03:54 AM
interesting departure Steve!, love the extra space and the hint of her neckline help subtly anchor the face in the space to keep it from becoming a disembodied head.. the close ups really show the fine brush work and oil painting effect. a remarkable work dear friend. :cool::cool::cool:seems a new clarity has returned to your work..:)

eighty+
07-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Arh . Steve. my eye'are dim I cannot see as I've left my spec's where that I can't be sure as when

You reach my age you never know even when they are on your head :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah just a kidding of you Ok. As Caesar said we've seen this girl around. And she's welcome

;);) :D :D :D :D. POZDRAWSKI. :cool:

AndreaMG
07-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Look who's back, and she looks gorgeous as ever!!!! And what a wonderful thick paint you used on her. She looks great engulfed into that darkness :cool: Bravo! Regards

"D'you like our owl?" (Rachael)
"Is it artificial?" (Deckard)
"Of course it is." (Rachael)
"Must be expensive." (Deckard)
"Very. I'm Rachael." ........

Greatest film ever:cool::cool::cool:

Belvrog
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM
So I am not the only one who loves Bladerunner, right? Some great paintings in here Steve

byroncallas
07-03-2014, 02:47 PM
So I am not the only one who loves Bladerunner, right? Some great paintings in here Steve

Continued wonderful additions Steve. And Belvrog, re: Bladerunner, Steve's captured the spirit, yes? Excellent. :):):):)

SCP
07-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Bladerunner you got me again! :eek::cool: Very nice warm classic look to your latest work,well done Steve.;)

stevemawmv
07-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Space works well there Steve. She hovers beautifully ........ :cool:
Robyn....Keeping the space lacking details saves me everytime.

Lovely picture of Rachael. The mood and atmosphere is wonderful.
Bertrude....Just wanted something different on this one, and definitely was going for atmosphere.

A girl I already saw among Your past artpieces now misteriously emerging from the penumbra ... You more than recovered all Your capabilities in this painting and she's certainly someone I would impudently keep staring and admiring for quite a long time, should I ever meet her.:o;)
Caesar...There are just a couple of people I enjoy painting, Proberly why I am trying different
techniques and styles...'to hide the fact its the same model?....

Awesome paintings....:cool::cool::cool:
Ken....Glad you like them, and happy you visited.

interesting departure Steve!, love the extra space and the hint of her neckline help subtly anchor the face in the space to keep it from becoming a disembodied head.. the close ups really show the fine brush work and oil painting effect. a remarkable work dear friend. :cool::cool::cool:seems a new clarity has returned to your work..:)
Gary...Was a fun journey on this one, and fun checking out all the different styles that one can use.

Arh . Steve. my eye'are dim I cannot see as I've left my spec's where that I can't be sure as when
You reach my age you never know even when they are on your head :confused::confused::confused:
Yeah just a kidding of you Ok. As Caesar said we've seen this girl around. And she's welcome
:cool:
Eighty...She's definitely making the rounds in this forum, sorry about the darkness, I'll have the lights
on next time..

Look who's back, and she looks gorgeous as ever!!!! And what a wonderful thick paint you used on her. She looks great engulfed into that darkness :cool: Bravo! Regards

"D'you like our owl?" (Rachael)
"Is it artificial?" (Deckard)
"Of course it is." (Rachael)
"Must be expensive." (Deckard)
"Very. I'm Rachael." ........
Greatest film ever:cool::cool::cool:
Andrea...Yep, I don't think I will ever get tired of this movie, it's characters, it's visual effects and
great lines..

Belvrog...The More the Merrier, happy you checked out my gallery.

Continued wonderful additions Steve. And Belvrog, re: Bladerunner, Steve's captured the spirit, yes? Excellen

t. :):):):)Byron....Glad you like the new one, and hopefully I'll keep capturing her spirit.

Bladerunner you got me again! :eek::cool: Very nice warm classic look to your latest work,well done Steve.;)
Scott...The classical look was my goal, and I guess it could have been any model, but everyones right,
it's my favorite model again.

Thank you all for your kind comments...
Take care,
Steve

Alexandra
07-04-2014, 07:56 AM
How beautiful Steve, I love the rich tones, and brush strokes. Great work!!!

Belvrog
07-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Continued wonderful additions Steve. And Belvrog, re: Bladerunner, Steve's captured the spirit, yes? Excellent. :):):):)
Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response?:o But you're right... it's excellent, it captures the films mood very well, Byron. Apart from that it's quite hard to answer your question without spoilering parts of the film. It's really a one of a kind movie directed by Ridley Scott, with an excellent storyline and visual style (Syd Mead was responsible for its style and did lots of artwork for it), an outstanding soundtrack and great acting so if you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely catch up on that.

pat1940
07-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Wonderful work again Steve, thanks for the close up views

D Akey
07-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Rachael or whoever looks very mysterious and Egyptian. . . not unlike Pharaoh's cheating wife in The Mummy. . . Was one of my favorite shots in the movie, that of her walking away from camera. . . Now that's what I call 'walking like an Egyptian'.

As to your painting, it's great. Love the colors and forms. Very volumetric and atmospheric. The colors remind me of some of the American paintings of nature -- if campfires in the forest. She definitely looks to be lit by firelight. Gotta love oranges and siennas.

stevemawmv
07-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Hello Sandy....Really happy that you visited, this one... its just something different, glad you like it...
She does have a nice glow to her, may do a few more of these....
Take care,
Steve

Refreshed Images and one very blurry start....
Starter Eyes, well..at least one..

D Akey
07-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Nice painting. I love the eye.

Patricia Velasquez is the girl I thought you originally painted but now that you lightened it. . .

Anyway, if you want a clone of your own. . .

http://us.cdn291.fansshare.com/images/patriciavelyasquez/patricia-velasquez-anck-su-namun-wallpaper-1200677251.jpg

I think the penalties for dating Rachael were a little less severe though. . .

stevemawmv
07-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Hello Belvrog....More great lines.....thanks for replying and commenting twice, means you checked out the thread again....I like that!
Thanks friend...
Hi Pat....love your latest paintings, and thanks for checking on me, I kind of like the different crops as well....
Take care....
Thanks to you both,
Steve

stevemawmv
07-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Dear D Akey,
'The Mummy' Another favorite movie of mine, now that you mentioned it.... Patricia Velasquez, not many lines in it...but who cared!
These are the reactions I was going for, a painting starting out with a model known to a lot of us, but treated in such a way
that ones imagination could kick in and explore other possibilities. Plus wanted to try a Classical, heavy on Atmosphere type painting
to take a little break from my usual stuff...You given me some ideas to work with, but first gotta finish that damn eye painting...me
and my eyes! Holy Smokes, I mentioned eyes....and this quote popped in my head....."if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes"...
Glad I 'am not the only BR fan here, or I'd be sounding a bit.....well, you know!
Thanks friend and take care,
Steve

Caesar
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
After the last two incredible viws of Your portrait I can see an eye so excellently sketched with few effective strokes that I wonder if you evocated Velasquez' soul to help You ...

stevemawmv
07-08-2014, 08:20 AM
After the last two incredible viws of Your portrait I can see an eye so excellently sketched with few effective strokes that I wonder if you evocated Velasquez' soul to help You ...
Thank you dear Caesar.....'Eyes'...I've tried to over detail them, blur them and everything in between but I think the last set I'll experiment with a bit longer. And the paintings of Velázquez and many other artist from that period was what I was going for....soft glow, as if only lit by candle light.
Thank you friend,
Steve

D Akey
07-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Just so you know, I really like that eye. It's really very good (to my way of thinking & appreciation) because I appreciate seeing the painter's hand without everything being too photographic. I do like photographic effects for what they are, but there is a style of painting that is a step more artistic and interpretive when the artist can nail something in unexpected, or wild, or weird, or incomplete, or with bravura strokes, or exaggerated or whatever -- something less mechanical, I suppose is what I'm getting at. . . unless it's meant to be photographic, in which case I would judge it by that measuring stick. But I'm a sucker for happy accidents, and sometimes off handed marks that just say everything in a sidelong way. But the kicker is that it says enough without saying it all??? Heck it's too open ended to try to nail down to hold it all in one set of rules. But suffice to say I am a big fan of painterly work.

The head painting you did is hitting on a lot of levels. I said some of it before, but I think that you found something in the source photo or screen grab that was perhaps not that apparent, but you brought it forward -- in this case the warmth in the colors, but you streamlined it to a certain extent -- you pushed it slightly toward a primitive shape, yet my mind had enough to grab onto and complete any detail that could possibly have been there.

If you look at the drawings of Seurat, he was imposing atmospheric simplification, but with just enough info to run with to make it feel like everything was in its place, whether visible or not.

For my point, try to ignore where he took his paintings, because he had a reason for doing those kinds of drawings. But I have always loved his drawings as ends unto themselves.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seurat+drawings&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rAW7U63ZF4iZyASA3YCgDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1064&bih=507

And your Rachael head has a bit of that sensibility to it, which I particularly love. And again, the saturated color is very dramatic and flavorful to me as well.

But I love the eye for the general idea of backing images off of photography through the means I mentioned.

coops
07-08-2014, 10:25 PM
She looks full of mystery and is really well painted:)

SCP
07-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Great eye you got there Steve !;)

stevemawmv
07-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Hello D Akey, Glad you like the eye, the rest of her is almost done and I will post it soon. I am happy the way the dark portrait turned out and going to try to paint that effect again soon.
Thanks for the Seurat drawings site, very interesting and good source for inspriration. Oh by the way...a couple a days ago was my one year anniversary of joining the forum, and you've been giving your comments and replies from day one and I have always appreciated that.
Thanks Again,
Steve

D Akey
07-11-2014, 06:38 PM
. . .Oh by the way...a couple a days ago was my one year anniversary of joining the forum, and you've been giving your comments and replies from day one and I have always appreciated that. . .

You kidding? My pleasure. You've become a very popular fixture around here in no time with all your terrific posts, and your advancement with your painting skill is really quite praiseworthy. Seems like you've been around here since I started. In addition to you posting a lot, which is great, it's also that you and I seem to go all the way back to high school together -- at least in the cultural and vintage overlap. I think there might be one sticking point though -- if there were only one Rachael left on the shelf at the BladeRunner outfitters, she's mine, mate. . . aw, the heck with it. They can check another store to see if they have any in stock. They don't call 'em 'Replicants' for nothin'.

Keep up the great work, and keep rockin'. . .

gxhpainter2
07-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Hey congrats Steve on one year, wow that one flew by fast, so much happened with you and others here, but your presence and fun comments and sharing is a BIG plus to checking in every day here, on that I totally agree with DAkey....:)

Alexandra
07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
What beautiful painting Steve, I love the thick textured strokes. The eye looks as if it will take years to dry. Great work!

stevemawmv
07-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Katie...Isn't she a pip, never get tired of painting her. Thank you!

Scott....'Them there eyes'.....Finishing up with the other one tonight...Thanks Mate!

Gary.....Thanks, glad I found the place its been a blast. I've appreciated your comments and replies over the year and especially seeing your art and everyones in this great forum.

Sandy....This is a first for me, and I'am happy it turned out the way it did. Glad you like and happy you visited.
Take care....
Steve

stevemawmv
07-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks DA...
From your replies and comments over the year I've come to the conclusion that if we had met
back then there wouldn't have been a clash of cultures, seems that we've shared similar experiences in
our lifes....And who knows, maybe we did meet......did you give hitchhikers rides in that tan volkswagen bug back then?
And....Rachael has become very sustainable in my imagination, no need to flip a coin if there's only one on the shelf.
Thanks again,
Steve

stevemawmv
07-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Yeap...its our dear friend Eighty, he was kind enough to let me use his photo for this.
Thanks Eighty, hope you see it and like it.....I think your beard grew longer while I was painting it?
Take care,
Steve

eighty+
07-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Hi Steve. Thanks. Yeah you've done a great job on my fizzoge make me look almost Human

;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D:D:D:D. POZDRAWSKI

AndreaMG
07-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Haha, wonderful painting Dear Steve, the almighty Pos-Eighty-on is back!!! :cool::cool::cool:

coops
07-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Wonderful oh so great to see such a brilliant portrait of our dear friend Eighty. Something to treasure Steve:)

Belvrog
07-13-2014, 01:24 AM
Great portrait of our dear eighty ! Well done Steve:):):):):)

stevemawmv
07-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi Eighty....I had fun doing it, thanks for your approval and your reply.
Hope you enjoyed that I changed your surroundings...

Hello Andrea....Thanks friend, I'am happy Eighty liked it and you as well.
Both of you take care....

Larger Version..

eighty+
07-13-2014, 05:16 AM
Hi. Steve. Yes. But I missed my blue ceiling. When I painted it blue. I intended to. Do some clouds But
They floated out the window. If U know what I mean. ;):D;):D:D;). POZDRAWSKI

stevemawmv
07-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Wonderful oh so great to see such a brilliant portrait of our dear friend Eighty. Something to treasure Steve:)
Thank you Katie, I'am happy I painted our friend....and glad it turned out the way it did, may do some touch ups at a later date.
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
07-14-2014, 04:46 AM
Hello Belvrog....Thanks for the visit and comment, really appreaciated.
Take care,
Steve

gxhpainter2
07-14-2014, 05:26 AM
wow Steve what a great portrait . the photo only gives limited information but your portrait really shows the talent you have !... a great work for our resident wit and wizard!..:cool::cool::cool:

SCP
07-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Wonderful work Steve.Have a great week.;)

Caesar
07-15-2014, 02:19 AM
I like very much Your last beauty portrait, but I don't remember the TV series he plays is ... was it The Artrageously talented and productive old master sorcerer? LOL;):o ... the motto of this ArtRanger his "to eternity, and beyond ... chicks!":cool:;)

stevemawmv
07-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Thank you Gary....It was a trip doing it, glad Eighty and our friends like it .
Hi Scott.....Thanks and you have a good week as well, good one the purple prankster.
Take care you both,
Steve

pat1940
07-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Wonderful job on our dear friend Steve, you seem to have captured dear eighty quite well with such a small pic

stevemawmv
07-15-2014, 06:03 PM
I like very much Your last beauty portrait, but I don't remember the TV series he plays is ... was it The Artrageously talented and productive old master sorcerer? LOL;):o ... the motto of this ArtRanger his "to eternity, and beyond ... chicks!":cool:;)
Thank you dear Caesar...He's a character alright and performs his role effortlessly as the Sorcerer of Artrage.....

Wonderful job on our dear friend Steve, you seem to have captured dear eighty quite well with such a small pic
Thanks Pat.....I'am glad everyone has liked it, it fun doing it.
Again thank you both,
Steve

Last look....

Alexandra
07-17-2014, 06:28 AM
How wonderful, Steve, a beautiful portrait of our Mr. Eighty!

justjean
07-18-2014, 06:22 AM
Mr 80 looks great, Steve :)

stevemawmv
07-18-2014, 04:59 PM
How wonderful, Steve, a beautiful portrait of our Mr. Eighty!Thank you Sandy......Came out looking as if our Eighty is painting on a mountain....

Mr 80 looks great, Steve :)
Hi Jean.....I was wondering about you, glad you found us and happy you like it.
Thank you both.....

Here's another eye tease.....Will post the portrait soon.

Steve.K.Zian
07-19-2014, 03:56 AM
respect! many appealing pictures.

D Akey
07-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Love the pic of Mr Ploos! Very respectable. I guess the danger and joy to exploit the fact that putting your mug in the gallery forum you're going to get painted. The gauntlet accepted. . . Very nice painting!

Oh, and I will have to get my crystal ball to figure out who this eye belongs to. On one hand I would say Rachael again, but the mystery guest's got a green eye. . . possibly two. I have no clue. But it's a fabulous painting of an eye. Really well done. Rich in color, good and clean in detail.

SCP
07-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Hey Steve your painted eye looks great! Looking forward to the hidden treasure that awaits.Glad you liked the Purple Prankster lol ;):D

Belvrog
07-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Great teaser Steve. Looks quite "Young".:p:D. Well done. Sitting next to Scott now and wait for the unveiling.

AndreaMG
07-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Can't wait to see whose that beautiful eye is :o