PDA

View Full Version : Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Its the end of the year and I find myself looking back on it and wishing some of the events were merely reflections in the monitor...words and images on the page...but sadly some weren't...but now, looking forward to the new year with all of life's uncertainties and again with no more control over them as the previous one....

A few weeks ago my children lost their mother and I, my most beloved friend and companion of many years....My thoughts are of my children during this untimely lost and as they grieve for the passing of this dear woman. These are the portraits of our children I did a year ago....was going to do one of their Mom, but time got away from us...as time always does, or so they say...

D Akey
01-01-2015, 05:09 PM
EDIT: When you go back and add content that changes what was commented on, subsequent comments often don't make sense. I might not have chosen a tone quite so holiday upbeat having read this with pictures of your kids and talking about the death of their mother.

In this light -- I'm very sorry for your loss, your health, your children's and your grieving. It's been a challenging time for you all. Blessings to the healing of you and your family. Holidays have to be the hardest time for this. Be well, Steve. You all have each other.

Those are beautiful portraits of your wonderful family. A treasure on all levels.

copespeak
01-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Cheers and Happy New Year Steve! Yes, here's wishing you a particularly excellent year and many beyond. Heart goes out to ya. To new beginnings! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Ditto from me Steve!

We Australians have a much loved, magical cartoonist/philosopher, Michael Leunig, who has warmed our hearts, and simplified our daily struggles for what seems like forever.

If you want to drift quietly over some of his beautiful paintings of him and his 'duck' pondering on life, see: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelLeunigAppreciationPage?fref=photo

In the meantime, here is one I love. Hopefully Michael won't mind me posting it. It just says it all. :) :)

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Cheers and Happy New Year Steve! Yes, here's wishing you a particularly excellent year and many beyond. Heart goes out to ya. To new beginnings!Thank you D Akey.....and right back at ya'....been one hell of year my friend, looking forward to the new one....Thanks again for your support, your kind words and unique understanding over the past year!
Wish you and yours all the best in 2015!

stevemawmv
01-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Happy New Year Robyn....and thanks for the Michael Leunig link, found his site as well and spent a good amount of time enjoying poking about, looking and reading his work!
He's a kick alright, gave me a good pick up....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Moving on....

D Akey
01-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Moving on....

As we do. But still. . . it's hard. Be well my friend.

copespeak
01-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Steve, I didn't go back far enough to read of your loss. I am devastated for you and your family. Please accept my apologies for appearing flippant with Michael Leunig .... even though his sentiments and comments on life still apply, I guess. Hopefully the sadness 'trough' you are in will lead you to a crest of a new hill. xxx

stevemawmv
01-04-2015, 10:57 AM
D Akey and Robyn...Didn't mean to trip anyone up, my feelings got the best of me and really needed to share with others. I added the post and kids later...think it was more for me though just to get it out there so I can begin to move on, but glad you two read it and understand.
Sorry for the confusion and, again thank you both for your kind words....

Enug
01-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Dear Steve, I too am sorry I didn't see the edit until now - sorry for your wretched year and wishing all the best for you in this brand new year. Loving thoughts winging their way to you.

justjean
01-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Steve, I am so sorry for the lose of your wife , it's a hard one to get passed but time helps and hope your health stays good :)

stevemawmv
01-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Dear Steve, I too am sorry I didn't see the edit until now - sorry for your wretched year and wishing all the best for you in this brand new year. Loving thoughts winging their way to you.Dear June....Thank you for your best wishes and kind thoughts....
Steve, I am so sorry for the lose of your wife , it's a hard one to get passed but time helps and hope your health stays good :)Dear Jean....Thank you so very much, the memories of good times are helping...The mind may forget but the heart will always remember.

justjean
01-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Steve, I lost my husband after 56 years and I will always remember but time does its job.

Rachelle
01-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Its the end of the year and I find myself looking back on it and wishing some of the events were merely reflections in the monitor...words and images on the page...but sadly some weren't...but now, looking forward to the new year with all of life's uncertainties and again with no more control over them as the previous one....

A few weeks ago my children lost their mother and I, my most beloved friend and companion of many years....My thoughts are of my children during this untimely lost and as they grieve for the passing of this dear woman. These are the portraits of our children I did a year ago....was going to do one of their Mom, but time got away from us...as time always does, or so they say...

Wow Steve...
Your family portraits are beautiful. And soulful.
Sorry for your loss.

eighty+
01-06-2015, 04:54 AM
Hi Steve. Sorry to hear your sad lose I. Do know the feeling. As when my better half went it was as if
It was the end of life . It was only artrage. That kept me going ok my hopes go with you for this year.
My regards to all your family at this sad time. Mr. Ploos

jmac
01-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Steve, I am sorry for your struggles and your family's loss and wish you well in the coming year.

AndreaMG
01-07-2015, 10:26 AM
So sorry for your loss dear friend... Be strong. You have beautiful kids.

stevemawmv
01-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Steve, I lost my husband after 56 years and I will always remember but time does its job.Thank you Jean....I wouldn't want to lose the memories, and for time, they say it heals all things.....
Wow Steve...Your family portraits are beautiful. And soulful. Sorry for your loss. Thank you Rachelle for your kind words....

stevemawmv
01-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Hi Steve. Sorry to hear your sad lost. I Do know the feeling. As when my better half went it was as if It was the end of life . It was only artrage That kept me going ok my hopes go with you for this year.
My regards to all your family at this sad time. Mr. PloosHello Eighty....I know you do and I also really appreciate your words friend. I Spent the weekend with two of the children and they said the same thing, so paint I will....Thanks Dave, you take care and have a great New Year!
Steve

stevemawmv
01-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Steve, I am sorry for your struggles and your family's loss and wish you well in the coming year.Hello James...Thank you for your kindness and your words friend!

stevemawmv
01-07-2015, 09:10 PM
So sorry for your loss dear friend... Be strong. You have beautiful kids.Dear Andrea...Thank you for these words, they are very much appreciated and with my children beside me, all I can be is strong....Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
A quiet reflection.....

Caesar
01-07-2015, 11:17 PM
I'm almost speechless reading what an unconcievably sad event occurred to You and Your family, dearest Steve, just while You had to face health problems! :( But as speechless and unable to fully conceive and share what happened to You, I'm not tearless in my effort to empathetetically realize and feel too, so as to be close to You, dear friend. Memories and an almost unavowable hope are the only way to keep our heart warm with love and power and life worth to be lived meaningfully and fruitfully every day to faithfully seed for a beyond-all future we have no sure clue about ...
Blessings and hugs to You all ... Cesare

AndreaMG
01-08-2015, 11:06 AM
You last painting is superb Dear friend, it really conveys that feeling. Hugs

stevemawmv
01-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Thank you Dear Cesare....I am sincerely touched by your kind words of sympathy. Thank you friend for your heartfelt reply...
Best wishes to you and yours dear friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-09-2015, 10:35 AM
You last painting is superb Dear friend, it really conveys that feeling. HugsThank you Dear friend....

fraser_paice
01-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Steve, I have only just caught up with this... I was in the very same situation as yourself some 8 years ago. All I can say is that I spent a lot of time here among friends, much more than I do these days, losing myself in painting and bantering. The memories of the kindness and comradeship I found here have stayed with me. Now my life has moved on, I've sought out the things that make me happy, would have made us both happy. I have a new life with someone else but, Nothing is forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten.

stevemawmv
01-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Neil, Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words....with the kids all moved out and living their own lifes it is comforting knowing that I can pop in here post some images, and have a talk with a friend or two when I'am feeling lonely.

stevemawmv
01-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Just finished one I started a few weeks ago....

D Akey
01-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Just finished one I started a few weeks ago....

Nice one, Steve-o. I thought when it was just the one profile that it might have been your son. But now with Rachael in it, it looks like Harri-san.

Very nice painting. Good form. Very mysterious.

Go man go! Pozdrawski and ˇVaya con chiaroscuro! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Rachelle
01-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Steve :)

Your clair-obscur are beautifully full of secret and mystery.

Deeply pensive subjects. Raw emotion, contained, just under the quiet surface.

A feeling of grandeur in a large dark silent void -- I know this sounds clumsy and repetitive (English is my 2nd language), but I feel it's not redundant about your artwork. :o

Silence, loud with feeling.

copespeak
01-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Beautiful paintings Steve! Hoping you're traveling OK.

Caesar
01-14-2015, 12:28 AM
You're a magical story-teller indeed, dear friend ... What a wonderfully moody painting!

AndreaMG
01-15-2015, 10:56 AM
Hope you feel a bit better my friend. Ciao

gxhpainter2
01-15-2015, 11:31 AM
dear Steve, wow I am so sorry for your loss, sounds like you lost a dear companion and friend as did you children. your portraits of them and yourself are remarkable and will be a treasure for them in the future. You have had a rough run lately and I can only hope that brighter days, and warm breezes find you this new year...

pat1940
01-17-2015, 01:25 PM
Steve, just got back to painting and I am so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself my friend and so glad you have your children so you can help each other get through the days, your painting are such a pleasure to see again, all the best in 2015

D Akey
01-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Anybody have a clue what's become of Steve? I worry considering all the stuff that's been going on with him.

Be well Steve, wherever you are.

Enug
01-27-2015, 03:55 PM
I have been concerned too.

Smail5
01-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Some of the pictures are vivid.I like them very much.

AndreaMG
12-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Hope you're OK Steve, this one's for you...

sabena
12-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Wonderful Painting i like the reflection. Very well done:rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
12-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Hope you're OK Steve, this one's for you...

88603Great Tribute AndreaMG, we have all missed Steve, his wonderful paintings and presence here... who knows maybe he will reappear...:):):)

D Akey
12-28-2015, 10:40 AM
I hope he found Rachael.

"Gaff had been there, and let her live. Four years, he figured. He was wrong. Tyrell had told me Rachael was special: no termination date. I didn’t know how long we had together... who does?"

A wonderful tribute, Andrea. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
12-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Thank you guys. Now allow me, Steve hated to have a painting at the bottom of a page, so once again...

AndreaMG
12-28-2015, 11:21 AM
One more thing, it wouldn't be perfect without a cropped flipped picture :cool: CIAO Steve we miss you

jmac
12-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Thank you AdreaMG. This was a very nice thing to do. Every time I log on I hope to see that he has popped in with a new painting or to say hello. I hope he is well.

D Akey
12-29-2015, 11:42 AM
One more thing, it wouldn't be perfect without a cropped flipped picture :cool: CIAO Steve we miss you

Hahah. Yes. I had forgotten the flopping and cropping. It's definitely replicant infatuation. And if one is looking at the goddess. . . each angle provides a unique bliss Steve was happy to share here. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. . ." There's a bit of an irony there was well. Because the replicants were manufactured they could be reproduced infinitely, and with changing perspectives, it was enough to set the cash registers and little hearts everywhere to fluttering. The ultimate digitally reproductive experience. :rolleyes:

DarkOwnt
10-13-2022, 03:02 AM
Resurrecting an old but very good thread.