Page 716 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067147157167177187267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,160 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

hi here's Hope that Brighton gain promotion ok SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hope.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	80599  

Hi pratice with J.S. Sargent ok SLAINTE

Name:	J.S. Sargent  Young  Girl's    Face''es.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	80607  

Excellent Spring Equinox to you Mr Ploos the Pagan! Lovely little girl heads. The lad with the cross looks a wee bit sinister though.

I have pulled out of mothballs a style that I really am crazy about and an old traditional illustrator's dream -- Andrew Loomis. This guy was one of the best teachers ever. Did lots of great books on drawing and composition and all that -- in the realism of the 1940s era and thereabouts. The drawings you say are by Sergeant reminded me a lot of his look and it seems like it would be an easy jump from one style to the other. They're very close and a compliment to each other.

The linked pictures are from several of his books and whatnot. You'll get a really good idea of what he was about, and also may draw a wee bit of inspiration from them as well.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...67.rQQDfZa5xwM
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac thanks. Had a quick look it s good. But one thing confused Me is the same 4 girls that

I Copied from Sargent are in loomis as well so who did draw them ??? Kia Ora

Hi Eighty, your picture of Dova is amazing! I love it, and am saving it in my 'Eighty's Folder'.

Hello eighty...this is a pdf file of Andrew Loomis's book "Drawing the Head and Hands". great book, lots of tips and fun to check out!
    And yes the girls are from the book...go to page 101, don't know why they're on Sargent's page.
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Hi D Akey..... Thanks for reminding me of Andrew, some of his books were in my moms house when i was growing up.....

http://www.placidchaos.com/Loomis/An...0&%20Hands.pdf
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-21-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Hello Robbie your up and running then Thanks Pleased you liked my copy of Dova should have spent more time but got dizzy with all the hair line's

Hello Steve yeah been lazy lately to much telly what with Football Snooker and F 1 apart that I fall asleep ok Thanks for the book as its great be able to go through the pages

Cap'n Mac sent a link as well which show's a lot of his work but your book goes more into detail plus can zoom in on a picture which is good for a oldie thank's again

To you Both .....SLAINTE ......STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si.....KIA ORA......SHENTI jainkang

Hi there good man. My first post in about a year, just popped in to see what you are doing. This continues to be an inspired thread. Wonderful.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Hi Byron. Thanks for looking in I did wonder why I hadn't seen your. Abstracts lately I do like to look at them even thou I can't understand or copy them plus you nudged. Madam Katie of the Moara when she forgets to wave the flag ?

Hello Madam Katie of the Moara are U ok. Up there at the north east Gate. Or are U off Cruiseing in
    The med .
    ......to U both. SLAINTE......KIA ORA.......STATTE BBUONO...Si.....Si.....SHENTI. Jainkang

Hi couldn't remember the artist think William ----hardt i think American ok KIA ORA

Name:	Untitled  No  2.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	80619