Thread: Bow Wave 3 third in this series

Bow Wave 3 third in this series

I am finding that doing a series of works that use the similar design and compositon but explore variations in color and edge has
    been very inspiring and educational. I rarely have done series of works I guess I was just not ready for that artistically or mentally.
    Our friend D Akey had suggested it to me a few times and I guess it finally took. I hope you enjoy these works. I am having great
    fun with layer effects, and the custom brush and stencils along with the regular tools.

also including a picture of me printing this on a canvas sheet at 16" x 20" ( Lyve Canvas from Breathing Color )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow Waves 3.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	92362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow Wave Three printing.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	311.9 KB 
ID:	92363  
    Last edited by gxhpainter; 02-27-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Your lastest wave is to paint waves!
    They are all magnificent in my view, each one elaborating differently the theme and, according to shapes and colors, expressing the unpredictable and charming variations in nature and life, different but equally valuable forms of beauties, moods and songs.
    After all canons are not against creativity, they may also be an helpful inspiring track and a guide forn people to understand You. You only have to know how to use theme and when and to what extent transgress.
    Nonetheless it is not easy to keep explorations along a specific path within the same level of quality and innovation.
    You succeeded though!

By the way, I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fidelity Your print shows with reference to the virtual image.
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-03-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

How great! I'm envious about the printer. That is too cool for school. Bet it looks incredible framed and hanging in a gallery.

Love the idea of a series of course. Hope it serves you. I think it's really useful for you as an artist in doing the work, but also in the selling because if you show things as a series you tend to appear more serious. And also if you hit on something that really takes off, half your work is done because you have more similar ones. And, get this, people might start collecting series. It looks really awesome and unified around a room or whatever space. It's rather powerful visually. And you can maybe do it, rent a hot modern room and put the pics up around as a carrot to prospective collectors. Photograph the room and you can use it in leave-behind fliers.

Hope it all plays out for you. Looking great in the flesh down there in the pic of the print coming off the printer.

Go man go!!!!!!

Last edited by D Akey; 03-05-2017 at 02:31 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cool
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    How great! I'm envious about the printer. That is too cool for school. Bet it looks incredible framed and hanging in a gallery.

Love the idea of a series of course. Hope it serves you. I think it's really useful for you as an artist in doing the work, but also in the selling because if you show things as a series you tend to appear more serious. And also if you hit on something that really takes off, half your work is done because you have more similar ones. And, get this, people might start collecting series. It looks really awesome and unified around a room or whatever space. It's rather powerful visually. And you can maybe do it, rent a hot modern room and put the pics up around as a carrot to prospective collectors. Photograph the room and you can use it in leave-behind fliers.

Hope it all plays out for you. Looking great in the flesh down there in the pic of the print coming off the printer.

Go man go!!!!!!

D Akey thanks for your encouragement and great advice... I love that printer it does such great work especially with high quality paper and the correct ICC profiles...

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Cool
    thanks AndreaMG !