Thread: Castle interior

Castle interior

My second painting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butlers-room-downsided.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	435.6 KB 
ID:	101210

Actually this is partly ArtRage part Rebelle. I've switched to Rebelle at about 1/3 because I couldn't seem to get the color I wanted with ArtRage...

I still have to make up my mind which software I like the most.

So basically only the bed , the right sofa, the door, and the floor near the door are done in ArtRage.

Cheers!

Lots of detail all given equal emphasis. Very interesting, as if for a game where one searches a room for clues or something. Again, lots of attention to details. Enjoying your work.

BTW, as to the color, I believe there are settings you can select that switches between one and another color system so that in one you can mix colors that mix the way they would in the real world versus the way the computer digitally does it. I must confess I don't recall how to make that selection, but you might ask someone who is familiar with AR more than I.

Last edited by D Akey; 02-26-2021 at 07:43 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Lots of detail all given equal emphasis. Very interesting, as if for a game where one searches a room for clues or something. Again, lots of attention to details. Enjoying your work.

BTW, as to the color, I believe there are settings you can select that switches between one and another color system so that in one you can mix colors that mix the way they would in the real world versus the way the computer digitally does it. I must confess I don't recall how to make that selection, but you might ask someone who is familiar with AR more than I.

Thanks pal. This is actually meant to be a background for a game. So it must be detailed. Also, I wouldn't know how to give emphasis to certain parts. I haven't studied art I assume with time I will learn to simplify

I love the real color blending in ArtRage! I leave it on. My problem was that I wasn't able to desaturate that orange sofa to the right, by mixing other colors. It seemed to work, but, when I tried to blend, it became saturated again. Turning off "real color blending" didn't help. Anyway, I'm still using ArtRage. Maybe I'll learn to use it better. Cheers!

Try using the custom brushes for your blending. (I suggest making your own custom brushes and blenders)

The blending engine of the custom brush does not introduce any saturation artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    Try using the custom brushes for your blending. (I suggest making your own custom brushes and blenders)

The blending engine of the custom brush does not introduce any saturation artifacts.
    Oh, interesting! I haven't tried those yet. Thanks!