Thread: My Zen Garden aka Digital Island

My Zen Garden aka Digital Island

raked sand and an island in the flow of things..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Digital Island.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	89697  

The symbolism in this one may suggest that when you can microwave a single BBQ rib in rice paper without leaving a stain, you may eat your dim sun, Quai Chang.

Okay, so you find yourself in a Zen mystery school and yet they're trying to make you color within the lines. What do you do, hotshot? What do you do?

Thus reveals itself, your artist koan of the day.

Anyway, I love the inner part a lot. The op art is an amusing and erudite juxtaposition, reflecting the collision in time between abstract expressionism of the 50s and the op art movement of the 60s (chronologically generally speaking). Sort of addresses visually the extreme contrast with the shock of the new technological consciousness reaching the human gestural art world. So check your fortune cookie to see if digital is real art.

Nice concept, Mr Gary-san. A real sampler platter. Try painting in tempura. Then we'll talk.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A diapason, a fork for tuning Your colorful artistic soul or make its bark resonate into marvellous paintings? A sound mantra to quiet down and order Your creative energy?
    Whatever it is or means it's a winner and a stunner.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The symbolism in this one may suggest that when you can microwave a single BBQ rib in rice paper without leaving a stain, you may eat your dim sun, Quai Chang.

Okay, so you find yourself in a Zen mystery school and yet they're trying to make you color within the lines. What do you do, hotshot? What do you do?

Thus reveals itself, your artist koan of the day.

Anyway, I love the inner part a lot. The op art is an amusing and erudite juxtaposition, reflecting the collision in time between abstract expressionism of the 50s and the op art movement of the 60s (chronologically generally speaking). Sort of addresses visually the extreme contrast with the shock of the new technological consciousness reaching the human gestural art world. So check your fortune cookie to see if digital is real art.

Nice concept, Mr Gary-san. A real sampler platter. Try painting in tempura. Then we'll talk.

love love love your comments , just put a big smile on my face !

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A diapason, a fork for tuning Your colorful artistic soul or make its bark resonate into marvellous paintings? A sound mantra to quiet down and order Your creative energy?
    Whatever it is or means it's a winner and a stunner.
    thank you sincerely my friend so glad you resonated with this!... I like D Akey's observation about the juxtaposition of op art with abstract
    expressionism... as I was not originally a big fan of OP art but now see possibilities for me

Very good and fantastic painting i like very much
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Very good and fantastic painting i like very much
    Thank you so much Sabena, always great to hear from you!..

Beautiful!

I must need to quilt again! There are art quilts that have all kinds of textures and design elements in them. Made to be hung on a wall. This reminds me of the feeling of those quilts. Still built on principles of color and elements of design but flowing freely. Exciting and interesting work!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    I must need to quilt again! There are art quilts that have all kinds of textures and design elements in them. Made to be hung on a wall. This reminds me of the feeling of those quilts. Still built on principles of color and elements of design but flowing freely. Exciting and interesting work!
    Interesting that you have "seen" quilting patterns in a few of my recent works, as a matter of fact I am going to get some of them printed as silk scarves! as gifts and possible sales... my bright colors and more patteren oriented designs I think might work well. what do you think??