Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teutonica

Teutonica

Just a little quick funny drawing ... a Germany icon maybe. By mouse and imagination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teutonica.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	90642  
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-06-2016 at 03:08 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Speaking of down home jug bands, those are two tonicas which one plays like a diatonica harmonica. . .

So did you take this year's vacation in Germany? You could probably write it off your taxes as research.

Was I mistaken that your family had some property in central Italy near the region hit by the earthquake? I know your primary residence is in Rome. But I was concerned that you were visiting that property.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's rather Germans who come on the Mediterranean than Italians in Germany on summer holidays, dear DAkey! I thought of a nicely curvy, overweighted Valkyrie doing this.

Fortunately my family has properties in the town of Pescara and not in the village of Pescara del Tronto, in the Ascoli Piceno area, so people in Rome and in Pescara as well could really feel the earthquake, and one of my brothers, living on the sisxth floor in Pescara left his apartment for some time before realizing the actual catastroph was happening reasonably far from there. ii was in Sardinia so could not perceive anything. Very kind of You to wonder and worry.
    The doorwoman of my parents-in-law building was in his house in Amatrice and were able to escape going down a couple of flights of stairs, while the house, although presumably somehow damaged, resisted. Furniture pieces, ornaments were falling around, as well as paintings, apart the one of her deceased husband which, curiously, was the only one which kept hanging on the wall on its little nail.
    As weird and possibly untrue as it may be, they also spoke, similarly, of quite a few cases of roods, madonne and saints statues who kept standing or hanging into ruined chapels and churches.

I must admit that I was a little worried after reading the title of your post beginning with "TE.." and even more after looking at the picture itself, but I was wrong, I'm a bad bad person for even thinking about it anyways funny stuff as always. Ciau ne
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Funny drawing indeed :-) Hard to draw with only the mouse.. One comment only. . "Über alles".. There's no space between the two words.. It's just one word.. überalles is the right way to write it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    I must admit that I was a little worried after reading the title of your post beginning with "TE.." and even more after looking at the picture itself, but I was wrong, I'm a bad bad person for even thinking about it anyways funny stuff as always. Ciau ne
    It looks like I was smart to stop the busto just before risking the After 9 O' clock sanction then and also to deny Your tendentious speculations .... LOL
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Funny drawing indeed :-) Hard to draw with only the mouse.. One comment only. . "Über alles".. There's no space between the two words.. It's just one word.. überalles is the right way to write it ;-)
    In English however we often call the space between the alles "Cleavage". And truly über this girl's alles there ain't much space. So I concur. Caesar, best to work on your Two ton grammar.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Vielen Dank, Herr Danny! Not the longest composed German word anyway ... This suggestion may be useful to me for the forthcoming Okctoberfest doch!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    In English however we often call the space between the alles "Cleavage". And truly über this girl's alles there ain't much space. So I concur. Caesar, best to work on your Two ton grammar.

Good to know :-) I didn't know that. "Cleavage" That make sense :-)

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

Cleavage, good to learn about it and what a funny finesse to connect the words separation with the breasts ones!
    In Italian some concept may be expressed by either two close words or two words combined into ones (two substantives, a substantibe, a verb and a substantive etc.) but we don't form kilometric words as Germans, since we usually have pregnant Latin or Greek words to express such complex concepts.
    BTW has cleavage also an extended meaning which has something to do with the so called caesura?