Thread: the Red Door

the Red Door

what IS behind the Red Door? back to my linear abstract expressionism.. please enjoy this beautiful day!...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Red Door.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	496.7 KB 
ID:	89914  

Gary, this is so funny, I am just finishing a painting I named The Red Barn lol, this is another wonderful painting of yours, I am just in awe of all your art pieces, all are fit to hang on a wall, great job

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, this is so funny, I am just finishing a painting I named The Red Barn lol, this is another wonderful painting of yours, I am just in awe of all your art pieces, all are fit to hang on a wall, great job
    thanks Pat I guess we just had Red on the mind, and great minds think alike right!?

So why wonder. From the land of Ken Kesey and the Magic Bus. . .
    Presenting:

Pat and Gary's Magic Barn!

Check the link for the vague cultural reference:
    http://www.glastonburyorderofdruids.com/i/bus2.jpg

Say, the Ploos Boos could do with a touch up. . .

And if any offense is taken. . . I blame it all on flashbacks. . .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Never any offence taken DAkey, I am still laughing and I know Gary will get a kick out of this as I did

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Never any offence taken DAkey, I am still laughing and I know Gary will get a kick out of this as I did
    I think our Gary has taken off with the Merry Pranksters. He was last seen swinging from a lamp post. Trust he's having a good time.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I think our Gary has taken off with the Merry Pranksters. He was last seen swinging from a lamp post. Trust he's having a good time.
    HA!! yep I was abducted by the Merry Pranksters and on a road trip to harvest some special mushrooms etc near Eugene, Ken's old haunts..... I just had to grin at your clever mix of Pat's work and this one!... you are in rare form my friend!.... excellent..

Enjoying the fun going on!

The painting is great Gary but when I think of a red door I think of Elizabeth Arden's salon in NYC where every floor of the building is dedicated to a different kind of pampering! Yes, I did get to go one time as a single gal in NYC. So I will look at your painting and think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The painting is great Gary but when I think of a red door I think of Elizabeth Arden's salon in NYC where every floor of the building is dedicated to a different kind of pampering! Yes, I did get to go one time as a single gal in NYC. So I will look at your painting and think of that!
    good story Marilyn Anne, sounds like that was quite the adventure for you!... glad you like the little diversion that D Akey played on us!.. I sure did

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    what IS behind the Red Door? back to my linear abstract expressionism.. please enjoy this beautiful day!...
    A petrol pump of a service station?
    Ready for a long motorbike ride or driving far away in the wild in such a wonderful day?
    Curiously the linear structure desn't affect expressionism and freedom here. You don't have real constraints, just reference canons.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!