Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a finger for my pencil work

Quote Originally Posted by valdespoir View Post
    I'm not an English native speaker, but I think that 'to get a finger frome someone(sane)' normally isn't to nice. I'm more than happy with though. I just started with my Bamboo Pen & Touch M and ArtRage yesterday and found your package accidentally. I'm falling in one surprise after the other using this software (and as much questions too....) but this package is boss. Thanks a lot!
    Hi valdespoir,

lol... Yes, in most cases, getting "the finger" from someone wouldn't be very polite. I'm glad you're finding the presets useful and having fun with ArtRage
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Great package, very helpful

Excellent!! I've been looking for a good pencil and pencil blender artpack. Thanks! I just got it loaded into the my new ArtRage 4.5

Hmmm. I can't get the pack to install. I think it's trying to install the items into Someonesane's user directory...

Name:  Pencil-Pack.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  70.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Hmmm. I can't get the pack to install. I think it's trying to install the items into Someonesane's user directory...

Name:  Pencil-Pack.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  70.4 KB
    oh, actually, mine was installed to another directory under my user/documents - like that - but I kind of like all those things put in the ArtRage folder itself, so I moved mine. I did notice that when I installed the art pack it opened up the old 4.0.6 version.

It works fine in 4.5, but you probably need to put it in the appropriate folder under: C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 4\Resources But that's just me, I like those files to be there instead of other places.

I think it's a bit different for me, as the installer won't go any further. Could be a Windows/Mac difference thing. Thank you for your reply though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pencil-Pack-02.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	82444  
    Last edited by Bertrude; 08-12-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    I think it's a bit different for me, as the installer won't go any further. Could be a Windows/Mac difference thing. Thank you for your reply though
    oh, yeah, you're probably right. I used to be on a Mac Pro professionally, and was having some difficulties like that a while back. I'm all Windows now.

Okay, that's an odd one...

It's listing a directory that was from my old computer (which that particular arpack was created with, before getting my current system). I'm not sure why it's trying to install the files there or even why it has that directory information stored, at all. My only guess is that the arpack isn't compatible with whichever version of ArtRage you're using. I just cleaned out my own content folder, downloaded the pack, and installed it with no problems at all. Considering that this is a new computer, it sort of reinforces the idea that it's probably related to the version of the program. Bertrude, what version of ArtRage are you using? I may be able to recreate the arpack using a version of ArtRage that matches yours.

StratoArt, I'm guessing the issue you had with it being stored in a different location, was probably caused by having the two different versions of ArtRage on your computer. Some of the older versions of ArtRage kept user created content in different folders (app data folder vs Document folders, etc). But I can only make assumptions. We'll need to have the AR team chime in, to really know what's going on here, I think.

(EDIT) - Being on Mac shouldn't affect the use of the arpack. They're supposed to work for both.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    StratoArt, I'm guessing the issue you had with it being stored in a different location, was probably caused by having the two different versions of ArtRage on your computer. Some of the older versions of ArtRage kept user created content in different folders (app data folder vs Document folders, etc). But I can only make assumptions. We'll need to have the AR team chime in, to really know what's going on here, I think.
    Yep, that was exactly the reason, as of right now I didn't uninstall the older 4.0 just yet. I guess I will now that I'm on 4.5. I'm fairly certain you are correct about the older versions of ArtRage keeping custom content in different folders. To be honest, though I've worked on both Win and Mac machines for a long time, I do like the structure of the Mac organization, but I like the versatility of Windows. But I'm not going to start a war on the subject, I'm just ambidextrous. That being said, I DON'T like the appdata folder that's in these newer Windows. I just like all my stuff in one easy to find place.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Bertrude, what version of ArtRage are you using?
    I just updated today so I'm on 4.5.0 (64 Bit). The pack is called 'Pencil Pack Updated 15july2013.arpack', so yeah it pre-dates the latest update. I've tried the AR3 set you also linked to but got the same error.

For what it's worth I've just tried installing a different arpack (Juz's Oil Brushes) for comparison and got the same error. The installer is also showing a location based on Juz's computer (also Windows by the look of it) so maybe that's normal or perhaps there a bug in the Mac version of ArtRage that's not redirecting the pack contents to the appropriate folder on the Mac?

Name:  Juz's-Oils.jpg
Views: 1510
Size:  51.3 KB