Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Great gallery. Great painting.

Great texture and colors. I really like this faceted painting and ...what eyes!!! seem sapphires
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Outstanding! I really like the variety of marks in this one. I even like the blue accent on her jaw. Unusual placement but it serves like something of a beauty mark drawing attention to the face. It also feels as if the really nice lattice of long strokes in the garment and hair smooth out the closer to the center of the picture we get -- where her eyes are like the eye of a hurricane. It's subtler than that and this painting is very much about the lady than the metaphor but it's a cool effect to use and it implies interpretations that the viewer may or may not run with. It works great as a depiction of a girl, and only on that level. But the implications are there for anyone who cares to run with that.

Nice job. Very good integration of marks.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

She is so lovely Andrea! I love those chucks of strong colour chipped into her face, very skilfully done, and just gorgeous!

Oh, your last portrait made me think of Red Riding Hood. Great style !

The lady in red is lovely, Andrea

Thanks

Thank you so much MKROOT Pozdrawiam

Thank you Dear Silvia, mi hai fatto venire in mente quello che dice negli Aristogatti Romeo a Duchessa: "l'occhi tua so du zaffiri splendenti..."

Thank you Dear D, on this one I used less the color picker and experimented a bit more on colors. "Her eyes are like the eye of a hurricane", I like it! Yes sir they are

Thank you Dear Robyn, I like to make faces more interesting by adding color marks

Thank you Dear Pai, this is my second (unofficial) Red Riding Hood painting I guess

Thank you Dear Jean, glad you like it
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Another wonderful painting, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Another marvellous specimen of Yours, I'd say.
    You're a real master with these portraits, but in these days you should perhaps add a beard too to add to charm. LOL
    It looks like the so-called third-sex is very popular in these days in song contests, as it was once on the melodramma and opera stages. Well actually there isn't a third sex anatomically and biologically, rather as sensitivity and sexual preference and attitude, apart few cases, notwithstanding surgical and hormonal adjustments or beyond attires, but it looks like that political correctness requires we believe it to be considered tolerant, which is a quite strange and somehow sad adjective, since we should respect and even love any human being anyway.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you so much Dear Katie

Thank you so much Dear Caesar. That's why I barely watch TV these days, everything is sooooooooo sad, yesterday there was the singing nun, now the dude with the make up and the beard, next there will be a giant panda singing, a ridatece Albano e Romina o i Ricchi e Poveri ! Ciau ne e forza Toro per l'Europa!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)