Thread: Paolo Maldini caricature - AC Milan

Paolo Maldini caricature - AC Milan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200806_203534.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	99508One of the best soccer player. Retired now..

Getting back into the swing of things. Good deal.

Looks great albeit a little dark. Looks fine on the computer but if you were to print it out you might want to run a test to see if it reads well enough for you. The dark paper does hide any sins in line work although it looks pretty perfect. But if it's perfect, then shine a light on the great caricature so it looks good and strong as a visual statement. If this was hanging on a wall along side other ones on white background this would probably get lost.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

Looks great albeit a little dark. Looks fine on the computer but if you were to print it out you might want to run a test to see if it reads well enough for you. The dark paper does hide any sins in line work although it looks pretty perfect. But if it's perfect, then shine a light on the great caricature so it looks good and strong as a visual statement. If this was hanging on a wall along side other ones on white background this would probably get lost.
    The reference of hus face was really dark.. I lighten it abit.. This One is just for fun.. For me. Will never printed. Thank you for the comment..my only one here who write to me. I appriciate that much

Looks great albit a little dark. Looks fine on the computer but if you were to print it out you might want to run a test to see if it reads well enough for you. The dark paper does hide any sins in line work although it looks pretty perfect. But if it's perfect, then shine a light on the great caricature so it looks good and strong as a visual statement. If this was hanging on a wall along side other ones on white background this would probably get lost.
    The reference of his face was really dark.. I lighten it abit.. This One is just for fun.. For me. Will never printed it. Thank you for the comment..my only one here who write to me. I appriciate that very much

I don't know why that is, Danny. The forum's generally slow even though I do see a few old forum friends popping in of late. Often times folk don't know what to say. But I have noticed that you tend to not get comments. Maybe if you commented more on other people's stuff to establish a rapport. I don't know.

It may be a life lesson that's universally in an artist's face -- "How are people regarding my work?". The good news is that it's a sign you're an artist. Some artists never get embraced by certain audiences, even ones with big names.

Don't take it as a reflection on your caricatures. They're really good. But maybe you just haven't found your audience here. But be strong in your own artistry. If you look outside yourself you could be in for a turbulent ride because people come and go and they're most always thoroughly into their own world -- especially on the internet. Just paint what you love and that has to kind of be a reward in itself.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I don't know why that is, Danny. The forum's generally slow even though I do see a few old forum friends popping in of late. Often times folk don't know what to say. But I have noticed that you tend to not get comments. Maybe if you commented more on other people's stuff to establish a rapport. I don't know.

It may be a life lesson that's universally in an artist's face -- "How are people regarding my work?". The good news is that it's a sign you're an artist. Some artists never get embraced by certain audiences, even ones with big names.

Don't take it as a reflection on your caricatures. They're really good. But maybe you just haven't found your audience here. But be strong in your own artistry. If you look outside yourself you could be in for a turbulent ride because people come and go and they're most always thoroughly into their own world -- especially on the internet. Just paint what you love and that has to kind of be a reward in itself.
    I'm bad in reply to other artist here... And I think this forum isn't the right forum for the drawings i do. For sure.. My audience are sport people who like cartoon.. I get my apporiciation on other platforms allso. So no worries :-) .. I like to share here mostly because of you and some others. I aporiciate the tips i havn't thougt of my self. Always welcome