Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1298

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    wow Fantastic painting
    Thanks Sabena....Much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Well I went to ER after falling from the longboard (nothing broken thanks to God), I tried some pastels but in order to achieve some level of details you have to go really big, they are not sharp as painting is and they are very messy (I had dust and powder even in my ears ) so it was a big no-no. Maybe I will try the acrylics in the future but right now I'm a little tired and I will go back to artrage as soon as my wrist get better. Hope you will sort out your health issues soon. This time I'm sure everything will go as it is supposed to. Take care friend. Say hello to Rachael
    Andrea,
    Sorry to hear about your injury, and hoping your wrist heals quickly friend! Sorry about the pastels! I remember those in school, messy...yes! I can imagine you looking like you just participated in the 'Holi Festival of Colours in India', well that image may be a bit extreme, but I know what you mean. Well heal up friend and start pushing that stylus around again! As for me, thanks for the concern...I think they're going back to look for that missing scalpel! Hehehe....
    Take care,
    Steve

Back to some dark paintings....May lighten it some!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCT261920FULL.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	83892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCT261920CROP2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	415.1 KB 
ID:	83895  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-28-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Very beautiful close up Steve. The detail is amazing.
    I screwed up Robyn, posted a new one before I replied back to you....Anyway this is a new one...back to dark moody stuff again. Well, they're all looking moody these days!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Darkness became less obscure and more subtly colored in Your evolving style, from warmer murkiness to colder bluish dim lights .... from Caravaggio to Guercino .... You don't miss a hit and all Your paintings raise my enthusiastic admiration, including the muses You select to tell us Your stories.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Darkness became less obscure and more subtly colored in Your evolving style, from warmer murkiness to colder bluish dim lights .... from Caravaggio to Guercino .... You don't miss a hit and all Your paintings raise my enthusiastic admiration, including the muses You select to tell us Your stories.
    Thanks Caesar.....These dark ones are getting harder to do and very time consuming, plus It's time for an eye exam again...getting a little blurry....And the more I look at this one the more ' to do's ' I find....
    Take care friend,
    Steve

fine work here Steve, there are such subtle variations in the darks. and the modeling of the face in light is stunning.... wish I had your patience for details... I have always been very quick while painting, maybe because I learned most at first from painting watercolors, and only later moved into oils and acrylics. Sounds like AndreaMG took a spill! and is not have fun with pastels.. they can be amazing but they are such a mess to deal with... I preferred egg tempera and gouaches..hope this time they get everything fixed they need to for you!.... can't been much fun going through multiple surgeries. take care looking forward to your "light" phase which I sense is approaching..

Thank you Dear Steve, love the candle light effect, she appears even more beautiful if it's possible Ciao and best wishes
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    fine work here Steve, there are such subtle variations in the darks. and the modeling of the face in light is stunning.... wish I had your patience for details... I have always been very quick while painting, maybe because I learned most at first from painting watercolors, and only later moved into oils and acrylics. Hope this time they get everything fixed they need to for you!.... can't been much fun going through multiple surgeries. take care looking forward to your "light" phase which I sense is approaching..
    Hi Gary.....I love doing them but I' am beginning to loose my patience on these never-ending, always tweaking, finding things should have done differently, and probably will, long drawn out paintings! And Gary...I thoroughly enjoy seeing your 'Patiently Quick' paintings....Thanks for the concern, really hoping this is the last surgery for me, I' am starting to look like a 'Tic Tac Toe' board game, at least they didn't leave initials and numbers...looking like a Ouija board would be freaky!
    Thanks friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-28-2014 at 07:53 PM.

She LIVES I TELL YA!!!!!!! Very cool. Of course the lighting it fantastic. Mood good. I find myself mentally comparing it to the movie. . . which is a natural thing, but because it's so nicely done I like looking at it as having its own story, maybe a reality show in which you and Rachael are "living"(?) under the same roof in a slice of life sort of thing. . . And the cool part is YOU get to program her in paint, and it would play out most convincingly.

New soundtrack, same composer different girl, which I hope you will be okay with. Not sure about your level of monogamy when it comes to Replicants -- But I think you might be able to relate to the compositions based on your past cropped paintings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ApIOEdZGI

Very nice job, Steve.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

More lovely paintings - the lighting on the face/s is so good. Dear Steve - it appears from reading the posts that your health is not too good - sorry to hear that - hope all is resolved soon.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    More lovely paintings - the lighting on the face/s is so good. Dear Steve - it appears from reading the posts that your health is not too good - sorry to hear that - hope all is resolved soon.
    @ Steve: I was reluctant to bring it up because it sounded like a process. Yes, how are you doing health-wise? I certainly hope you're managing whatever is going on. Sending prayers and/or good thoughts your way.

For what it's worth, your paintings are getting quite good. Be well, my friend.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream