Page 560 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 6046051055055855956056156257061066010601560 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

hahahaha...here i cannot find right words to comment.:-)

Hi there dear Eighty hope you are fit and well. Looks like you are having a lot of fun with your painting, keep them coming dear friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi AT-TA I Could Hear you Chuckle

HI MADAM Katie of the Moara not to good hay fever want to sleep all the time SLAINTE TO you both
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boudin   No   %.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	76342  

hi would this style be better AT-TA The orignal by Mary Hodgekins or her father ok SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mother    Love.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	76344  

All your styles are great Mr. 80+, from the smoochers to the dancers to the floaters and thanks for my afternoon chuckle on the singer with the boots such a fashion statement

HI Jean Pleased she made you Chuckle keep well ok SLAINTE

How do, Mr Ploos. Nice landscape.

'Airy marks on that little shaver an' 'is mum. . . Belies their age, the both of em. Airy, no as in 'arry Potter, mind. What I mean to say is there's a bit of paper showin' froo. Sorta confuses the shapes yer depictin'.

Other than tha, it's a couple good 'uns. Go man GO!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hi Mac On the Landscape I must admit I used Tracing and I allways swore I wouldn't touch it so it show's age is creeping up on me

Mac just a thought could if you used layer's do a section at a time then bunged them together to make the final picture ?????? SLAINTE

ok how's your friends getting on

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    hi Mac On the Landscape I must admit I used Tracing and I allways swore I wouldn't touch it so it show's age is creeping up on me

Mac just a thought could if you used layer's do a section at a time then bunged them together to make the final picture ?????? SLAINTE

ok how's your friends getting on
    Sure ye can, Mr Ploos! There art no rules to 'ow ya come aboot a paintin'. (Not using yours as an example, but I'm just bringing up some instances where layers have worked for me -- something I have done in the past). . .

1) (putting a semi-transparent layer OVER the marks you've done (using "Multiply" in the Blend mode or also you could just fill the layer with a color and set the transparency))
    If a picture is a wee bit too chaotic where the colors are clashing and you don't want them to, you could put a flat color transparently over the whole pic like a glaze wherein you bend every color toward a more unifying one. The really cool part about that is you can erase back some of the transparency to bring bits of the painting back up to full color volume while much can still be unified.

2) (putting a solid color layer UNDER the drawing you've done to appear like a drawing on a blue paper for example) Take your line drawing on the top layer and set the Blend to "Multiply" which makes all the white of the drawing disappear leaving the drawing showing up as if painted on a clear acetate cell like an animation cell is done. So let's say you have a line drawing on a white paper, and you want to make it like you had drawn it on a colored paper, as if it were intentionally from the beginning drawn on a colored paper. And then you proceed from there with no one any the wiser that it was a late idea to put it on color. PS: you would then add highlights on a separate layer above the "Multiply" one, not the "Multiply" layer because the lights drop out in 'Multiply".

And of course there are tons of other reasons and ways to use layers in conjunction with your picture at any step of the way. It's always good if you know where you're going ahead of time and just go there. But the creative artist zigs and zags all the time often to great surprise and delight. Its a fun way to go if you don't have to deliver a predictable piece of art to a client. And since you don't yet have people paying you, go ahead an play around.

Hope I understood your question.
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-26-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hi MAc Sorry late in answering sleeping a lot ok Thanks for the info looks like a week-end playing with layer's to try to understand them

regards to your friends up on the hill don't tell me your still riding a moter-bike i had a 250 yam about 20 years ago until some bugger pinched it

mind you i think they done me a favour as don't think i would be around today as was allways bombing in and out the traffic good in town but

to slow on the open road against the biggies SLAINTE