Thread: Lotka-Volterra

Lotka-Volterra

the title is a bit esoteric but fits the bill here, Lotka-Volterra is a series of mathematical equations that describe the interactions between two different species
    competing for the same resource. In the case here there are two distinct energies competing in the same picture plane and enclosing space.. I know
    that is a bit of a stretch but I did feel there was some competition in the image elements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotka-Volterra.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	514.5 KB 
ID:	89719  

Super-duper.

I really like the focus you're bringing to your work of late especially.
    To steal a line from Han to Luke when Luke nailed the first X-Wing attacking the Millennium Falcon just off of Lotka-Volterra: "Nice shootin' kid. Don't get cocky. . ."

Yes, that's right. I AM Han Solo. . . in the first three to hit the screen (eps. 4, 5 and 6?). I do not age appreciably.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Actually the title fits and You might have written the simple differential equations and their graphical outcome as an OP addition ... LOL
    Excellent. I can see within the frames the savage opposing forces striving to dominate, but an absolute victory is impossible in order to regenerate and go on, otherwise it's the end of the game, game over for all.
    Curiously this concept was expressed by a sort of flipper or board game billboard. I can almost hear the ding, dong ringing at each clash .... not a music, this time, just wind roaring, ringing, some quiet intervals and again a new start of the cycle. The circle of life, lions and the antelopes .... something only classical music may possibly render best, modern classical music where supreme technique and freedom meet in new marvellous canons to make us "hear", grasp the universe complexity in essence, just like mathematics, since we're limited.
    And, in fact, this is a mathematical painting the way it's composed, even not considering that, curiously, Your incredible intuition is in the title.
    I think that Alfred Lotka and my fellow countryman Vito Volterra would have appreciated the tribute. Unfortunately it comes about at least 75 years too late ....
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-07-2016 at 01:40 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love the patterns

The colors are so interesting too! I 'd like the quilt it would make. Spoken like a quilter!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Super-duper.

I really like the focus you're bringing to your work of late especially.
    To steal a line from Han to Luke when Luke nailed the first X-Wing attacking the Millennium Falcon just off of Lotka-Volterra: "Nice shootin' kid. Don't get cocky. . ."

Yes, that's right. I AM Han Solo. . . in the first three to hit the screen (eps. 4, 5 and 6?). I do not age appreciably.

AH HA! I knew the force was with you!.... thanks and I will try not to get too cocky!.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Actually the title fits and You might have written the simple differential equations and their graphical outcome as an OP addition ... LOL
    Excellent. I can see within the frames the savage opposing forces striving to dominate, but an absolute victory is impossible in order to regenerate and go on, otherwise it's the end of the game, game over for all.
    Curiously this concept was expressed by a sort of flipper or board game billboard. I can almost hear the ding, dong ringing at each clash .... not a music, this time, just wind roaring, ringing, some quiet intervals and again a new start of the cycle. The circle of life, lions and the antelopes .... something only classical music may possibly render best, modern classical music where supreme technique and freedom meet in new marvellous canons to make us "hear", grasp the universe complexity in essence, just like mathematics, since we're limited.
    And, in fact, this is a mathematical painting the way it's composed, even not considering that, curiously, Your incredible intuition is in the title.
    I think that Alfred Lotka and my fellow countryman Vito Volterra would have appreciated the tribute. Unfortunately it comes about at least 75 years too late ....
    ah so the oblique reference to their work has not escaped
    you!... you have described well the nature of this work and the energies it represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The colors are so interesting too! I 'd like the quilt it would make. Spoken like a quilter!
    you have given me more ideas!... quilts as wall hangings!...