Thread: Cliff Village

Cliff Village

still refining my photo painting techniques and I am pretty happy with this one. A cliff side Village I think in Spain but not sure.. hope you enjoy it. I for one would love to live their for a time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliff Village.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	88630  

Gary, this is absolutely so beautiful, the lighting is wonderful, what a great job you have done on this, LOVE IT

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfecto. Something new (at least I haven't seen the likes in photo manipulation), and yet old and painterly. Fantastico!

So it feels like a painting, feels like art, and less like a photo, although that degree of similarity to that effect could change some either way (photo or painting) and you would still have a winner-- precisely because it's about your eye and not the technique. Very successful! Personally, I do like that it has a painterly spin certainly in this case.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Superbly luminous artwork. Warm tones on closer range against cooler ones in the distance tells much also of your technical knowledge enhancing Your amazing artistic talent and creativity. If You look for similar images on google You find a long list of marvellous landscape artpieces .... it says much about its chromatic value as well then.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, this is absolutely so beautiful, the lighting is wonderful, what a great job you have done on this, LOVE IT
    thanks Pat, sorry I took so long to reply, somehow I missed seeing the posts on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfecto. Something new (at least I haven't seen the likes in photo manipulation), and yet old and painterly. Fantastico!

So it feels like a painting, feels like art, and less like a photo, although that degree of similarity to that effect could change some either way (photo or painting) and you would still have a winner-- precisely because it's about your eye and not the technique. Very successful! Personally, I do like that it has a painterly spin certainly in this case.

thanks D Akey, I was very happy with the way this worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Superbly luminous artwork. Warm tones on closer range against cooler ones in the distance tells much also of your technical knowledge enhancing Your amazing artistic talent and creativity. If You look for similar images on google You find a long list of marvellous landscape artpieces .... it says much about its chromatic value as well then.
    Well I learned a few tricks over the years to make a painting read properly and thanks for your great comment...

Beautiful painting! This village is located in Liguria (Italy). Forgot the name but I have been there once, just on the little beach right under the old bridge. Gorgeous place which you have painted perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizio1958 View Post
    Beautiful painting! This village is located in Liguria (Italy). Forgot the name but I have been there once, just on the little beach right under the old bridge. Gorgeous place which you have painted perfectly!
    thanks for the information Fabrizio1958... this is from a photograph my step-son took while traveling in Europe and Italy... nice to get the name of a place and have you recognize it!

Gary, great doings here, I never have any luck trying to do this LOL

Really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, great doings here, I never have any luck trying to do this LOL
    It takes just the right photograph and technique blended to get a successful result to be sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    Really well done.
    thank you Bobbi..