Thread: eduardobedoya ArtRage5 wishlist

eduardobedoya ArtRage5 wishlist

Hi, I've been painting with ArtRage5, n I would like to post here the things imho are very important to have in ArtRage new update(in orther of importance)
    hope this post reachs ArtRage develop team, I would appreciate it a lot, thx advanced...

1. I usually toggle between hide/show the scrap, the ref Img, n the View, but I would like to be able to have a hotkey for each of them, I just can show/hide all of them at same time, also pleasee make the Ref View a proper window that could be maximized in a secondary screen cuz currently the "stick needle" at its top doesn't allow me to resize the view in the hole secondary screen.

2. I has finally get used to work with the "docking mode" it was kinda hard to me, but one thing I can't workaround is bring the "Corner Color Picker" when woring in docking mode, I use the "Color Picker"(previously know as the precise color picker) docked in my panel, but usually I need to bring a floating color picker in the center of the screen, I has use the "Corner Color Picker" for doing that task for ages, now I can't do it anymore in ArtRage5. I don't use the actual "floating color picker" for several reasons, it is not an option really. please could you enable again the "Corner Color Picker" to be shown (by pressing a hotkey) again in Docking Mode.

3. also when docking the "Color Picker" into panel, it can only show either the RGBLSH sliders or the pallete itself, but not both at same time, it would be nice to have a third option to show both at same time, it would then show the color pallete at the top n the RGBLSH sliders at the bottom without changing the width of the dock panel, that would be reeeally nice.

4. In my opinion Mask, Magic Wand, n Selection should be different tools, not just toolTypes, meaning each one can have its own hotkey, cuz I usually have to manually change the ToolTypes by clicking on the tabs, wich is daunting if is repeated several times.

5. a little GUI button or sign that could be shown all the time if "RealColorBlending" is ON or OFF (I mean without having to click on the Corner Color Picker n see if it is checked or not), like other tool settings(insta dry, square head, etc) would be very much appreciated.

Now I report two bugs...

1. ArtRage5 on windows8.1 allways crash when using airbrush tool (in color blend mode) or clone tool in a file of 7000px x 9000px canvas with 3 layers, only if the layer's "Add Blend Mode" is "Replace"

2. "New Preset" shortcut doesn't work in Warp Tool, I thought it would add a new Warp Tool Preset.
    Last edited by eduardobedoya; 03-11-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardobedoya View Post
    Hi, I've been painting with ArtRage5, n I would like to post here the things imho are very important to have in ArtRage new update(in orther of importance)
    hope this post reachs ArtRage develop team, I would appreciate it a lot, thx advanced...

1. I usually toggle between hide/show the scrap, the ref Img, n the View, but I would like to be able to have a hotkey for each of them, I just can show/hide all of them at same time, also pleasee make the Ref View a proper window that could be maximized in a secondary screen cuz currently the "stick needle" at its top doesn't allow me to resize the view in the hole secondary screen.

2. I has finally get used to work with the "docking mode" it was kinda hard to me, but one thing I can't workaround is bring the "Corner Color Picker" when woring in docking mode, I use the "Color Picker"(previously know as the precise color picker) docked in my panel, but usually I need to bring a floating color picker in the center of the screen, I has use the "Corner Color Picker" for doing that task for ages, now I can't do it anymore in ArtRage5. I don't use the actual "floating color picker" for several reasons, it is not an option really. please could you enable again the "Corner Color Picker" to be shown (by pressing a hotkey) again in Docking Mode.

3. also when docking the "Color Picker" into panel, it can only show either the RGBLSH sliders or the pallete itself, but not both at same time, it would be nice to have a third option to show both at same time, it would then show the color pallete at the top n the RGBLSH sliders at the bottom without changing the width of the dock panel, that would be reeeally nice.

4. In my opinion Mask, Magic Wand, n Selection should be different tools, not just toolTypes, meaning each one can have its own hotkey, cuz I usually have to manually change the ToolTypes by clicking on the tabs, wich is daunting if is repeated several times.

5. a little GUI button or sign that could be shown all the time if "RealColorBlending" is ON or OFF (I mean without having to click on the Corner Color Picker n see if it is checked or not), like other tool settings(insta dry, square head, etc) would be very much appreciated.
    1 & 5: Might be possible, will add them to suggestions.

2. You can bring the corner picker into Docking Mode by:

- starting in Classic Mode
    - right click on corner of the color picker and choose 'tear off'
    - it will now float in the middle of the screen and you can switch to Docking Mode

3. You can leave the color picker floating (undocked) in Docking Mode to get the full size version.

4. Probably will not change, for space reasons - we already have too many tools to fit in! But we might be able to make it work better somehow, so will add that to the suggestions. You can also use Presets as shortcuts to the different types, which might fit your layout better.

Now I report two bugs...

1. ArtRage5 on windows8.1 allways crash when using airbrush tool (in color blend mode) or clone tool in a file of 7000px x 9000px canvas with 3 layers, only if the layer's "Add Blend Mode" is "Replace"

2. "New Preset" shortcut doesn't work in Warp Tool, I thought it would add a new Warp Tool Preset.
    Have you updated to version 5.0.6? The airbrush bug should have been fixed, and I can't get it to happen here.

The 'New Preset' option also works for me. The new preset will appear under the same menu > Warp Brush.

Name:  warp brush preset.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  30.7 KB

Hi Hanna
    about my whishlist...

1. please hope you can make it, cuz it would be very very useful, hope developers see my point, and usually I want to show-hide my "Scrap" while leaving the "View" shown.

2. You can bring the corner picker into Docking Mode by:

- starting in Classic Mode
    - right click on corner of the color picker and choose 'tear off'
    - it will now float in the middle of the screen and you can switch to Docking Mode
    Yes I tried it, but that requires to do three steps everytime I want to show the "Corner Color Picker", hence it slows very much the painting process cuz I show n hide the "Color Picker" constantly and I work allways in Docking Mode.
    Perhaps if it is not possible to bring the "Corner Color Picker" without leaving Docking Mode, you could boost the ARG5 "floating color picker", so it can be resized(make three time bigger) and it can refresh(show the color changes) when you tweak the color via the color sliders in "Color Picker" while it is open, cuz currently it does not do it.

You can leave the color picker floating (undocked) in Docking Mode to get the full size version.
    Yes but if I do so, the "Color Picker" would take to much screen space, cuz it duplicates its width, having the "Color Picker" docked saves precious screen width space, please take in consideration that the dock panel already eats ~300px width x the hole height of the screen area, usually I don't use all that space and finally it gets wasted. Perhaps a workaround could be allow ARG5 to place two equal panels in the docking area, so I could have two "Color Pickers" docked at same time, one for the color pallete, and the other for the color sliders, like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.1521480894.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	94849

about the bug #1, it only happens when you have at least two layers(foreground n background) and the FG layer's "Add Blend Mode" is set as "Replace" and you have a painting with impasto strokes in both layers, and then try to clone in the BG layer where it intercepts with the FG layer, then ARG5 crashes.

Thanks advanced.
    Last edited by eduardobedoya; 03-20-2018 at 01:51 PM.

about the bug #1, it only happens when you have at least two layers(foreground n background) and the FG layer's "Add Blend Mode" is set as "Replace" and you have a painting with impasto strokes in both layers, and then try to clone in the BG layer where it intercepts with the FG layer, then ARG5 crashes.

Thanks advanced.
    Thank you for the clear steps. Unfortunately, it is still not happening for me. Can you just confirm that when you go to Help > About ArtRage it is version 5.0.6? If it is, then I will have some more questions for you, but there is no point wasting your time if it is just an update issue!

Hi Hanna
    ok, I'll update to 5.0.6 an test it out again
    but, what about my suggestions 2, 3, please Hanna those are very important.
    Thanks Advanced.