Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Artrage 6 brushes

uses for the brushes:

They do make good painters thought it takes a bit of trial to figure out the pressure needed to build up texture vs knocking the texture down.

Here's a better tutorial to show you how to add texture to your flat painting... This is no masterpiece and it was unplanned, with no sketch, I was just playing around with the texture on top of flat paint...

how to add texture to a painting.... One of the reasons you would do this is if you have an older computer or ipad that has trouble with memory or working memory especially when using the desktop versions. This method also will unify the colors in your painting if you use the same color for all of the texture in overlay blend mode. This is using my custom texture brushes.

(mini Tutorial)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 11.56 PM.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	101530

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 11.56 PM 1.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	101531

Quote Originally Posted by Confusionofconformity View Post
    Thanks to everyone who answered peoples questions for me!

Glad you guys like the brushes. In practical use, I wasn't as happy with the brushes personally but I find them very useful for adding additional texture towards the end of a painting.

I will sometimes add a new layer that is just for texture. I set the layer to one of the transparent blend modes (multiply, darken, overlay, lighten, etc) and I paint over areas that I want more texture. soemtimes I play with other colors as well to add visual interest. You can play with the transparency of the layer to get either more or less of an effect. Here's an example where I used this effect with the native oil paints:

You could use a similar method with my texture brushes to add what looks like a thicker paint texture (to add both the highlights and the shadows in the texture of the brush, use overlay blend mode, and to only add shadows, use multiply/darken, and to only add highlights, use lighten modes). I believe I used color burn for this one because I wanted a more vibrant effect. (this painting was done in artrage 5 I believe).
    Thank you for sharing, it came out very natural, like a natural canvas!

Very nice effects. Now we have an alternative to Corel Painters heavy oils!!!!

I used these brushes to help finish off a painting I was working on & off for a month.

The end results can be seen in this thread.

These brushes are IMHO a must have.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...12-2017/page22

So glad you like them!!! Gorgeous result!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    I used these brushes to help finish off a painting I was working on & off for a month.

The end results can be seen in this thread.

These brushes are IMHO a must have.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...12-2017/page22
    Gorgeous really! Glad people are able to use them!

Thanks for the brushes

I was able to download the brushes and install them, but when they appear in the custom brushes I don't get a visual preview. Not sure what I did wrong.

Stay inspired!
    Michelle