Thread: Help me rescuing my painting .. the canvas turned empty after opening the .ptg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just had this issue today, can anyone help?

Not sure if there's a solution to this issue yet. My computer didn't crash and artrage closed normally. But as soon as I went to open the file, it was a blank canvas. It was supposed to be a gift for a friend of mine for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDarlingSweetiePie View Post
    Not sure if there's a solution to this issue yet. My computer didn't crash and artrage closed normally. But as soon as I went to open the file, it was a blank canvas. It was supposed to be a gift for a friend of mine for Christmas.
    Hello MissDarlingSweetiePie and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Very sorry to hear you’ve had this happen to you
    If it’s any consolation it’s quite a rare event, but your options now are very limited I’m afraid;
    If the file on your system still shows a thumbnail image of your painting then there may be something that can be recovered.
    The first thing AR dose when saving a file is to generate a single full size PNG image of the file’s content. This single layer image may be retrievable.
    Launch ArtRage and go to File > Import Image File… > Navigate to where the damaged file is and select it.
    If this doesn’t work then there is nothing more you can really do with this file.
    Backups;
    If you are using AR4 or higher, had you before this disaster turned On ArtRage’s ‘Store Backup Files’ function? If so then you can retrieve the most recent one of these which will be marked as; FileNameHere_GenA.ptgback.
    You can read more about using this function here: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/gett...4/preferences/
    Do you keep system backups? Again if you do then you can go back to a previous date when the file was intact and recover that.

Not much more I can suggest Really hope you can salvage something.
    Last edited by markw; 12-18-2020 at 03:28 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Autosave is a function we are seriously lacking.