Thread: Gotcha!

Gotcha!

ArtRage
    Post-Processing in Photoshop

With the come! ¶
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire-2016.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	298.8 KB 
ID:	88679  

Probably makes sense to people from your area. I'm afraid it's lost on me though. But nice painting. I'm assuming that someone posing as Santa was actually caught stealing? But like I say, I have no idea about your local stories. Well painted though. "With the come" does not translate as you may think. You may say perhaps, "With the get" which means the stolen goods? But it's a turn of phrase for cop shows. Not commonly used in my world anyway.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love the saturation and the scene

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Probably makes sense to people from your area. I'm afraid it's lost on me though. But nice painting. I'm assuming that someone posing as Santa was actually caught stealing? But like I say, I have no idea about your local stories. Well painted though. "With the come" does not translate as you may think. You may say perhaps, "With the get" which means the stolen goods? But it's a turn of phrase for cop shows. Not commonly used in my world anyway.

I think "Gotcha" is a reference to capturing or taking to the photo... not "catching" someone stealing.

It also seems as if Santa is being manipulated, his movements do not look volitional, by the supernatural red monkey on his back ... sprinkling white fairy (devil?) dust on him, much to the dismay of the snowman onlooker (possible long time friend of Santa). Of course Santa the monkey and the snowman could just be representations of other figures.

The lady with the phone may be a representation of the kind of person who revels in the fall of others... loves seeing the good defeated or manipulated to other ends. Perhaps she even conspired with the red monkey.

Much here is missing due to the cultural divide.

Very well done. My Favorite from the artist so far.

OMG, I just love this painting, it is all so well done, colors are great and expressions are perfect

Excellent and original seasonal artpiece! I guess the monkey on the shoulder indicates that Santa is completely drunk in his weird dance ...
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-08-2016 at 10:40 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!