Thread: Adam Sandler

Adam Sandler

Attachment 89429 This one was so fun to do.. First i wanted to do a caricature, but there are so many allready of his very special face,and really good ones,so i did a portrait of him instead with not a funny face...Hope you like it.Attachment 89435 final result
    Last edited by danny72; 03-30-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Very cool, Danny. One thing I would caution as a general rule, you might not want to go so flesh toned on the teeth and whites of the eyes unless you know that the subject has those colors there. It dulls the overall effect, as it's one of those things that photo retouchers are told to correct -- eyes and teeth. It's especially noticeable because you have a large spot of white in the picture which sets up a comparison against that white. If it was a sepia toned pic, then I could see it fitting in with the overall spectrum you've established -- where the white in the hat would be more sepia or the teeth lighter. As to the eyes, they're not very visible, so they look light enough in context. But if you did a pretty actress or model, you would want to push the glamor.

Anyway, it's your call, but be mindful of what you do in those areas. It's especially important if you've really expanded the range of the pic by showing absolute black and/or absolute white in the pic somewhere. That sets the range that you have to then work within. And again, if the teeth fall short of absolute white, they look like they are meant to be dingy. If the eyes are less than toward the white end of the spectrum, the sitter looks jaundiced or ill.

Nice though in the other areas of concern. Likeness is very plausible though I don't know what he looks like at this age so much. But you make me believe he does because of your attention to detail.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very cool, Danny. One thing I would caution as a general rule, you might not want to go so flesh toned on the teeth and whites of the eyes unless you know that the subject has those colors there. It dulls the overall effect, as it's one of those things that photo retouchers are told to correct -- eyes and teeth. It's especially noticeable because you have a large spot of white in the picture which sets up a comparison against that white. If it was a sepia toned pic, then I could see it fitting in with the overall spectrum you've established -- where the white in the hat would be more sepia or the teeth lighter. As to the eyes, they're not very visible, so they look light enough in context. But if you did a pretty actress or model, you would want to push the glamor.

Anyway, it's your call, but be mindful of what you do in those areas. It's especially important if you've really expanded the range of the pic by showing absolute black and/or absolute white in the pic somewhere. That sets the range that you have to then work within. And again, if the teeth fall short of absolute white, they look like they are meant to be dingy. If the eyes are less than toward the white end of the spectrum, the sitter looks jaundiced or ill.

Nice though in the other areas of concern. Likeness is very plausible though I don't know what he looks like at this age so much. But you make me believe he does because of your attention to detail.

Thank for the tips.. I know about the whites,and the blacks..I have some work left on this one. That i will post later.. I want to keep it as close as the reference.. The reference photo is taken outside,and is very bright. But i change the skin color,then of course i have to change the "whites" also. Overall i have to work on every part of this painting.. I'm just in a hurry to show it to you all :-)

Quote Originally Posted by danny72 View Post
    Thank for the tips.. I know about the whites,and the blacks..I have some work left on this one. That i will post later.. I want to keep it as close as the reference.. The reference photo is taken outside,and is very bright. But i change the skin color,then of course i have to change the "whites" also. Overall i have to work on every part of this painting.. I'm just in a hurry to show it to you all :-)
    I put the final drawing under the step by step Adam Sandler painting :-)

Not by his name, but I do recognize him. He's one of the most exploited actors in US comedies. Actually I don't find him too funny or likeable, but maybe it's not his fault, just what they ask him to play ...
    One more prey in Your hall of famous heads then ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Not by his name, but I do recognize him. He's one of the most exploited actors in US comedies. Actually I don't find him too funny or likeable, but maybe it's not his fault, just what they ask him to play ...
    One more prey in Your hall of famous heads then ....
    He's been in some really bad movies.. Didn't care about his at all.. But lately i have seen some great movies with him.. He isn't that bad as a actor actually. And I really like his face. This jude looking funny face with his special mouth.. Couldn't resist ;-)

Such a great likeness well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Such a great likeness well done
    Thank you coops!!! :-)