Thread: the Chessman

the Chessman

for all the chess lovers out there hope you enjoy its color explorations
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chessman.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	499.1 KB 
ID:	89471  

From me you get a big check, mate.

Love it. And I think you'll get a lot of interest based on the title alone. Chess people, many of them, love that their passion is shared. Remember when the band Yes came out with that song that used lots of Chess imagery? I remember Casey Kasem on his radio broadcast would comment on whatever song he was playing before he played it. I distinctly recall the Chess reference for that song. I think he said it was unique in Rock and Roll up to that time. So it did get that shout out and got a little bit of publicity as a result.

The image is really clean and I very much like their relationship of colors, shape and all that. You got a winner here.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Two absolute winners Gary, this is such a great piece, agree with DAkey for sure, any chess player with love to have this on their wall, anyone for that matter, super, super job

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    From me you get a big check, mate.

Love it. And I think you'll get a lot of interest based on the title alone. Chess people, many of them, love that their passion is shared. Remember when the band Yes came out with that song that used lots of Chess imagery? I remember Casey Kasem on his radio broadcast would comment on whatever song he was playing before he played it. I distinctly recall the Chess reference for that song. I think he said it was unique in Rock and Roll up to that time. So it did get that shout out and got a little bit of publicity as a result.

The image is really clean and I very much like their relationship of colors, shape and all that. You got a winner here.

Thanks my friend for your great comments on this, and yes I have gotten a lot of likes and some nice comments via Instagram.. I don't play chess anymore
    but I played a lot in high school and college and belonged to the chess club... I was definitely a nerd in high school!..

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Two absolute winners Gary, this is such a great piece, agree with DAkey for sure, any chess player with love to have this on their wall, anyone for that matter, super, super job
    thanks pat for you
    sweet comments! the comments on my works definitely provide the juice to keep going and exploring..

Lots of possibilities in this game!

The suggestion of pieces and board is very interesting! I play chess on my iPad everyday and keep the level of difficulty low enough that I can win!

Very Good Work GXpainter, very good
    Visit my website here

OK, I cannot duplicate DAkey comment about the game phase, but You certainly generated an artful comics with Your various experimental "vignettes", creating different places and times of Your painting history. Well done!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The suggestion of pieces and board is very interesting! I play chess on my iPad everyday and keep the level of difficulty low enough that I can win!
    Interesting I just download a chess game to my ipad after reading your post and will have to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Very Good Work GXpainter, very good
    thanks Sabena to good to hear from you again!.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    OK, I cannot duplicate DAkey comment about the game phase, but You certainly generated an artful comics with Your various experimental "vignettes", creating different places and times of Your painting history. Well done!
    thank you sincerely Caesar always great to hear your thoughts

Gxpainter you is my favorite artist, follows a little my wave. Very good work
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Gxpainter you is my favorite artist, follows a little my wave. Very good work
    why thank you very much Sabena that means a lot to me