Thread: Towers in the Sun

Towers in the Sun

loosely inspired by ancient Cambodian temples...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sun Towers.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	520.2 KB 
ID:	89715  

Looks so sunny and alive but at the same time elegant. Beautiful indeed my friend
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

What a gorgeous piece. Really great division of design elements and textures. Very considered. I particularly like the overall impact, but the secondary read of the squiggly string coil bits as a complementary motif against the strong geometry of the architecture. It's a very nice contrast and a pleasing element. Love the juxtaposition of the free natural side moving in on the hard structure. Works really well. A lot to appreciate in this one. Colors are unexpected as they feel more desert like as opposed to jungle. There's no problem in that. Like I say, it's unpredictability leads the mind to seek out the mystery, how they fit as it were. What you saw. What is your point? So to speak. And those are rhetorical questions that may bear equally unexpected answers that change over time.

Well done.

Last edited by D Akey; 05-05-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I thought it were rather Shangai skyline! Sheer energy!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderful textures!

Really captures the feel of the fibers and colors of the eastern kind of world.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Looks so sunny and alive but at the same time elegant. Beautiful indeed my friend
    thanks for the comment, like that fact that you found it elegant!..

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    What a gorgeous piece. Really great division of design elements and textures. Very considered. I particularly like the overall impact, but the secondary read of the squiggly string coil bits as a complementary motif against the strong geometry of the architecture. It's a very nice contrast and a pleasing element. Love the juxtaposition of the free natural side moving in on the hard structure. Works really well. A lot to appreciate in this one. Colors are unexpected as they feel more desert like as opposed to jungle. There's no problem in that. Like I say, it's unpredictability leads the mind to seek out the mystery, how they fit as it were. What you saw. What is your point? So to speak. And those are rhetorical questions that may bear equally unexpected answers that change over time.

Well done.

yes these colors are more desert and middle eastern than Cambodian with its lush green jungle ... I just kept the intricate and delicate tower like structures in my head at the time the rest is as you say a bit of a mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I thought it were rather Shangai skyline! Sheer energy!
    yes it does have that high tech architectural feel.... thank you my friend for you comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Really captures the feel of the fibers and colors of the eastern kind of world.
    thanks Marilyn Anne I guess that is where I was feeling this to be...as well.