Thread: Fleeting Vistas

Fleeting Vistas

more work involving areas of flat color working against highly detailed and textured areas... areas of
    high color and more neutral areas... all done to give a sense of depth and movement..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fleeting Vistas.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	530.6 KB 
ID:	92075  

It's delightful!
    The diagonal choice for composition helps dynamics. I wonder if a sort of perspective-like distortion and an angle different enough from a 45° diagonal wouldn't further enhance depth from a bas-relief to a deeper 3-D effect.
    Anyway the juxtaposition of flat color areas, even slightly transparent to show what's underneath, and the finely textured areas looks magnificent also due to the right choice of same brighter and more saturated color here and there ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It's delightful!
    The diagonal choice for composition helps dynamics. I wonder if a sort of perspective-like distortion and an angle different enough from a 45° diagonal wouldn't further enhance depth from a bas-relief to a deeper 3-D effect.
    Anyway the juxtaposition of flat color areas, even slightly transparent to show what's underneath, and the finely textured areas looks magnificent also due to the right choice of same brighter and more saturated color here and there ...
    Yes I think your suggestions for some improvement would make for a stronger image... unfortunately for me I flattened the layers darn it... usually I leave the layers just in case after some review I want to make some changes... I have found that looking at a work after leaving it alone for a few days any inherent weakness will show themselves and can be corrected.. just forgot to follow my own advice on this one.

Ciao Gary love those solid colors floating above more neutral areas. I would only make tho changes: (1) using the canvas textures might really help in giving you paintings a more natural and organic look and (2) I would drop those frameworks (HATE those ), they don't really add anything to the piece, why instead not using again a canvas on the outside with the right color to complement the rest? Anyways these are just ideas please feel free to share yours on my works too, I really would appreciate your advises!! CIAO
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 02-01-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

So many nice things to look at!

All the colors and textures are terrific! Very playful!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Ciao Gary love those solid colors floating above more neutral areas. I would only make tho changes: (1) using the canvas textures might really help in giving you paintings a more natural and organic look and (2) I would drop those frameworks (HATE those ), they don't really add anything to the piece, why instead not using again a canvas on the outside with the right color to complement the rest? Anyways these are just ideas please feel free to share yours on my works too, I really would appreciate your advises!! CIAO
    Hi AndreaMG I don't know how I missed seeing your post on this Thanks for all your great feedback, and here I LOVE those frameworks!... I guess I got in that habit and never questioned it I became a bit of a trademark, but I will consider your suggestions, I think for some works you are right and they could be dropped, especially since I am now offering my work for sale from by new website. When they are printed on a canvas with stretcher bars they are a bit clumsy, but on a paper print framed under glass they look good (to my eye ). I gave up trying to get a canvas texture because when I printed them on paper or canvas they just looked too fake. They look good on a monitor screen but I just did not like the way they carried when printed... I am thinking now that digital art because it is by its very nature a FLAT presentation and can be printed it falls into the realm of silkscreens, woodcuts, lithographs etc. Although I have seen and heard about some "Hybrid Digital Artists" this term is used for those people that design and print their work digitally then rework and enhance the digital print with natural media. That sounds exciting to me I would love to but lack a real studio space to get back into traditional mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    All the colors and textures are terrific! Very playful!
    my dear Marilyn Anne it has been soo long since I have heard from
    you or seen some of your wonderful floral paintings, I hope you are well and thank you for commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi AndreaMG I don't know how I missed seeing your post on this Thanks for all your great feedback, and here I LOVE those frameworks!... I guess I got in that habit and never questioned it I became a bit of a trademark, but I will consider your suggestions, I think for some works you are right and they could be dropped, especially since I am now offering my work for sale from by new website. When they are printed on a canvas with stretcher bars they are a bit clumsy, but on a paper print framed under glass they look good (to my eye ). I gave up trying to get a canvas texture because when I printed them on paper or canvas they just looked too fake. They look good on a monitor screen but I just did not like the way they carried when printed... I am thinking now that digital art because it is by its very nature a FLAT presentation and can be printed it falls into the realm of silkscreens, woodcuts, lithographs etc. Although I have seen and heard about some "Hybrid Digital Artists" this term is used for those people that design and print their work digitally then rework and enhance the digital print with natural media. That sounds exciting to me I would love to but lack a real studio space to get back into traditional mediums.
    Haha, it makes sense, I didn't remember you love to print paintings... in order to avoid the "fake canvas" look you can try to work on digital with the canvas activated at whatever percentage you're comfortable with and then when you want to print it you can drop the canvas roughness to zero, in this way the painting will retain all the subtleties of the canvas bumbs without actually showing the canvas itself. Nice site bu the way. CIAO
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)