These affinity products are really good stuff, and inexpensive. I hope in the future we see these programs on disc for sale in local retail stores where software is sold such as Staples and Best Buy. Would be nice to have a disc back up .exe file for installing the program when problems occur. Sometimes these discs are so helpful, especially with programs that have problems where no default settings can be returned to and you have sluggish performance due to some flaw or even worse disaster.

The Affinity Designer program is an excellent vector based drawing program with an extension to use bit map painting that is not as good as Art Rage yet basic functioning. The vector side of this program has great features.

Getting back to Art Rage Vitae, my personal opinion of the program that I recently purchased at the Microsoft Store is very good. After a test run noticed some brush application improvements, a few new features. I could easily stay with Art Rage 6 since I use Linux a lot (Fedora Design Suite and Mint) and the WINE application works successfully for running Art Rage on these two operating systems. Could not figure out a way to run Art Rage 6 on Debian yet that's okay since WINE on Debian is different, still AV and Mint are based on deb packages. Although I just started yesterday playing around with Vitae, due to Microsoft Store handling Vitae I currently see no way of running this version on Linux operating systems like Fedora Design Suite or Mint without access to program execution or set up file such as .exe, .msi, or .zip.

When I have the money to do so I like buying latest versions of digital painting software to support the software so that when it is good useful stuff you reduce the probability of it being taken off the market or end of life by buying the software or donating towards free and open-source software.