Thread: Murmurs of the Canyon

Murmurs of the Canyon

After I went for a walk yesterday along the river in the canyon country, and listening to the still and subtle sounds there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Murmurs of the Canyon.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	491.8 KB 
ID:	94468  

Like chalk pastels. A furthering of your explorations. Back around the abstract expressionists it's reminding me a bit of what may have led to Sam Francis' washy vertical color banding at the left and right edges of the canvas (are the one's I'm thinking of). His is like the curtains have opened to a blank canvas stage (to me). Big canvases back then. Anyway, I like the general idea behind this series. This one feels like you're taking a nature walk of discovery.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

... and I like that one too. It's good ad for art rage btw. Brush works that doesn't cheat with filter and mask and collage.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Like chalk pastels. A furthering of your explorations. Back around the abstract expressionists it's reminding me a bit of what may have led to Sam Francis' washy vertical color banding at the left and right edges of the canvas (are the one's I'm thinking of). His is like the curtains have opened to a blank canvas stage (to me). Big canvases back then. Anyway, I like the general idea behind this series. This one feels like you're taking a nature walk of discovery.
    big thanks D Akey I sort of liked the simplicity of the technique and direct brushwork and left it at that, so I appreciate your comments about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Force View Post
    ... and I like that one too. It's good ad for art rage btw. Brush works that doesn't cheat with filter and mask and collage.
    thanks Red_Force happy you also appreciate it.