Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

I *knew* this bird wasn't a natural blond! Before she got famous.

That's a heck of a painting. I love it.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Haha thank you Dear D!!!!!

Just to make a bit of exercise I tried to mimic as much as possible the original oil painting and in the process I hope I learned a bit from that artist.

Anyway, here is the original one in all its glory:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jhon Cook.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	472.7 KB 
ID:	92427

...and here is mine

Name:	Jhon Cook Study.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	92428
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

You've achieves some affects here with the interaction of impasto and appearance of canvas that I did not think were possible with ArtRage... care to share any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    A little Jhon Cook painting Study

Attachment 92406
    wow not THAT is PAINTING... really a super work AndreaMG...

What a wonderful bird ... and I like his hairstyler indeed!
    Your experiment looks very successful and shows Artrage stunning likeness to real, thick, brushstroked paintings!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    You've achieves some affects here with the interaction of impasto and appearance of canvas that I did not think were possible with ArtRage... care to share any tips?
    Sure, the impasto effect is obtained both over the canvas or under it with the intent of adding more realism without worrying too much about messing the painting, the interaction with the impasto is achieved with pastels I think
    Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    wow not THAT is PAINTING... really a super work AndreaMG...
    Super thanks Dear Gary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    What a wonderful bird ... and I like his hairstyler indeed!
    Your experiment looks very successful and shows Artrage stunning likeness to real, thick, brushstroked paintings!
    Eheh thank you my friend

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité

An old one a bit tweaked in order to have a mach the contrast and palette of the others; I also cropped/expanded all my other paintings to the 4:5 aspect ratio with the same purpose Oh I also integrated some textures to make it more interesting (I saw this artist http://www.mattiassnygg.com/tutorial...ge/artrage.htm doing it and liked very much the effect )

Name:	Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	468.8 KB 
ID:	92449
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 03-13-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Beautiful painterly effects...what you have coaxed out of the digital realm is pretty amazing!... I think I is great and helpful to
    revisit some work and re-engineer it a bit and with digital that is always possible... great work again!..

Wow. That's what I call a controlled backslide. . . right into her ever-loving arms. I don't recall you posting this one before. It looks great. Love the technique and of course she looks gorgeous.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I don't know Your model here, but this painting and style is really .... shabby-chic, I'd say!
    I love very much the support looking like an antiqued, stained, sort of vellum or coarse tracing paper.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!