Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interface Scale - Artrage 5

Interface Scale - Artrage 5

Hey guys!..

Loving the new version... but I miss the ability to change the scale of the UI elements. I know now we have the docking mode, but I prefer the classic one. I just wanted to scale it down a bit... Is it still possible? Is this setting found in another place now?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

It's not currently possible - well, you can change your monitor resolution to automatically scale ArtRage (which is why the manual scaling is gone, it functions differently now) - but it has been the most requested feature to date. Which means we're looking into it, though we can't make promises (if it was easy, it would have already been in AR5 for release )

Thanks Hannah! No worries.

Future version should have the ability to hide everything. Right now, the TAB key only hides the toolbar at the top in docking mode. Every other interface that has been popped out remains on screen. I would have to close one by one manually if I want to hide everything.

cb102: What hardware are you using?

This is my Windows 10 window before the tab key:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot002.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	92331

And this is after I press the tab key:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot003.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	92332
    Robert Hopkins

Yep, and the panel which is popped out remains visible.

What res you running at HwyStar? I like the painting real estate you have there!

TAB by default hides everything that is docked. I'm thinking of Shift+Tab to hide every single thing, docked or not. Better yet, we can make it even more advanced. If possible, we can manually make certain interface/dialog special so that when Shift+Tab everything is hidden except the dialog that we set to remain visible. Like the color dialog for example or anything. Just throwing out some suggestions.
    Last edited by cb102; 02-24-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt
    What res you running at HwyStar? I like the painting real estate you have there!
    I am using a Wacom 27QHD at 2560x1440. I really do like it! Once you have painted on one it is very hard to use anything else.
    Robert Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    I am using a Wacom 27QHD at 2560x1440. I really do like it! Once you have painted on one it is very hard to use anything else.
    Looks like ArtRage 5 was designed on, or for 2k monitors.

Given that ArtRage has always focused on not leaving users of older systems behind, this is a message telling me I am behind the times with my lowly 1920x1200... I sooo much want to get a new monitor... maybe the BenQ SW2700PT ...just need to justify it to myself.

2K is great! The resolution beats the paints off of 1080P.

Yes, $2,300 for a monitor is a lot of bones, but using it over a 7 year period represents about a dollar a day. This is my main hobby and a buck a day is well worth it for me. https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-...keywords=27qhd

Sorry for allowing this thread to stray. My bad!
    Robert Hopkins