Thread: Are there any known issues with Brush Designer in ArtRage 6 compared to 5 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well then, that’s definitely all worth sending a report to AR support about I would think.

On a perhaps related note, and as I’m not on Windows I’m curious, but can you tell me if after launching AR and the first time you select the Custom Brush can you actually paint with it?
    On my Mac the first time that I try to use the Custom Brush in any painting session it won’t work. I absolutely have to select an existing preset first before the Custom Brush will work. But after that it’s perfectly happy.
    Any other tool in AR will always remember it’s last used state and work after launching.
    I sent a report in about this but am curious as to whether others have experienced this too.
    Last edited by markw; 12-31-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I think, I have a similar problem. I already postet it in this forum, but at the wrong place: under "Suggestions" (I'm not allowed to post the link). Sorry for that. It is ArtRage 6 too, on Windows 10. The Brush Designer seems to work pretty well so far, but the preview shows a much smoother, bleacher version of the brush stroke than that one, that will be painted on the canvas with this presets. Depending on the Brush, sometimes there is nothing to see at all. Totally different than in ArtRage 5.

I am having the same problem with the brush designer. The preview area draws empty. Would be glad to know if there is a solution. Windows 10 here as well. Would be great if you could draw the preview on the canvas. Like this the entire brush designer is useless (or a flight in the dark, to say it more softly).

I wouldn't say that the Brush Designer is useless. I really love it. It is just a little inconvenient, if the preview doesn't work correctly. But, as I just found out, it works perfectly in many cases. I just tried out some different Brush-Presets I created by myself. And sometimes it worked, sometimes not. It seems that it has nothing to do with the certain Presets and their adjustments. It seems like it happens randomly - as far as I can see. I don't think that it's a performance-problem, cause I am using a Gaming-PC. Seems to be a Bug.