Thread: Artrage 5 Presets & a few other initial questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Content directory in Artrage Program directory

Hi,

Is there a way to put all the Content directory in Artrage program directory (for example : F:\ArtRage 5\Resources\Content\...) and NOT in "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage" ?
    I would like to copy all the files on my USB Flash Drive and make it portable.
    In this way, I have only to enter my serial number and use AR on an other PC.
    It worked with ArtRage 4.
    I tried to do it with AR5 but if I delete "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage\Content", the program doesn't find the Content directory.
    Sorry, my English is not very good. I hope someone will understand what I want to do
    Thanks for your help.
    flebus

My works at pot-a-crayons.over-blog.com and flebus.artblog.fr (but this one is out)

You could create a junction.

Copy the AR5 dir to a safe place and then delete the one in roaming. Open CMD prompt and do...

mklink /J "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage" "F:\ArtRage"

That should point ArtRage to the new location.

Thumbs up Thanks

Not exactly what I would like to do -because I have to create the jointure on each PC on which I want to use AR5 on my USB Flah drive- BUT a GOOD idea. It works.
    Thank you very much, Videl
    flebus

My works at pot-a-crayons.over-blog.com and flebus.artblog.fr (but this one is out)

Exclamation

Hi.

All imports from AR4 to AR5 worked.

BUT I've the same problem as Slap Harry Larry has : I can't import my stickers.
    Stickers work with AR4 :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR4_Stickers.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	92218

but not with AR5 :

Name:	AR5_Stickers.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	92219

And when I want to import the same sticker in AR5, I get this error message (a part of it is in french -I'm french and my english is not very good- but the first phrase is in english) "A requested resource was not found" :

Name:	AR5_Stickers_Import.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	92220

I can't use the stickers.
    Thanks for your help.
    flebus

I am not sure what is causing this error. I see that in AR5 you already have the 'Flower Children Multicolor' sticker sheet, could you explain why you are creating a new sticker sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    I am not sure what is causing this error. I see that in AR5 you already have the 'Flower Children Multicolor' sticker sheet, could you explain why you are creating a new sticker sheet?
    Because, when I open the Stickers Pod, I can't see the stickers sheets; it's empty :

Name:	AR5_StickersPod01.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	474.8 KB 
ID:	92248

Nethertheless, if I select the sticker tool and click on "Presets" (I think it's the word in english; in french, "Préréglages"), I can see all the sheets and the stickers :

Name:	AR5_StickersPresets01.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	366.4 KB 
ID:	92249

I can see the selected sticker in the stickers pad (right side) :

Name:	AR5_StickersPresets02.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	363.8 KB 
ID:	92250

but, I can't use it :

Name:	AR5_Stickers02.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	92251

I can't draw with.
    flebus

Finally, I reinstall AR5. Stickers seem work.
    flebus