Thread: My Painting Studies

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    some very nice work here! Painting with artrage or any digital software that emulates traditional media sometimes requires a new workflow and thought process to translate what you would do
    with traditional media into how to get that look in artrage. for example to the a stipple look please investigate using the Sticker spray tool and the Art Brushes group, in there you will find some amazing tools. by spraying some Airbrush Spats on a new layer above your main drawing you can add the stipple and erase away any stray dots, and adjust the blend mode to multiply or some other and the opacity of that layer. Just some ideas for you to explore..
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    Although it doesn't mimic a dry brush completely, you could try this, and tweak as needed, it is very faint:
    Thank you so much for your suggestions gxhpainter and DarkOwnt!
    I've tried a few ways, I think I still have much to explore but think I'm getting something that I can work with. I've sized up the brush to like 200~300% and using a mouse stamped(single clicked) around the areas on a new layer. Then erasing the areas I don't want. Still much to learn but think I'll get there eventually. Thank you again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	study04.0006.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	90246
    Last edited by worldInShades; 07-16-2016 at 09:02 PM.