Quote Originally Posted by Delofasht View Post
Really excellent job on those rocks!

The highlights on the rocks read very well, some of that could be translated to the foreground trees as well, giving them more form will in turn make the entire image feel more unified, I would very sparsely highlight a few leaves in the 2 closest trees at the very tops and to the left or darken the value of the two trees very subtly except in very select areas. Also the saturation of your background and midground elements are very similar which is flattening the image a bit, the size of the trees tells us there is a difference in space, but their actual value (how light or dark) and saturation (how intense the color seems to be) are so close to the same that it's hard for the eye to tell the difference between the two spaces.

Still though, wow those rocks!

Sorry I don't have much for you on the raindrops, macro paintings are a bit more difficult to make in my opinion as we can't just use atmosphere and value and saturation tricks to create space, it's all reflection and distortion of color and light from the raindrops and that's so tricky both to paint from reference or imagination that I couldn't begin to try to explain it.

Edit: I realize this is actually a lot of information, if you'd like I can post a paint over with the changes made, and even the individual layers if you'd like to know how to do it in the future to images you've already made.

- Delo
Sir, thanks for the suggestions, please do take time to redo and post the image. Am a keen learner!