Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    . . .Thanks dear D Akay, you'ro too kind. I discovered her in the movie "Remember Me", if you haven't watched it please do (you too Ceasar), in my opinion is so well crafted (do not read any review first, it will ruin it). Right now I'm watching for the first time "Lost" and I'm at the beginning at the second season and I love her character (PLEASE NO SPOILERS ) Actually I tihink she still is in the TV business. You're right she looks like the fabulous Grace Kelly.
    It never dawned on me that someone hasn't seen Lost. I'm glad you said 'no spoilers'. There shall be none from me. Enjoy it. It's a super intriguing series and I had never seen anything on TV like it. I still have several seasons of it sitting on my shelf in DVD waiting for the time when I have forgotten the story and can return fresh into that space as a viewer that they were so good at taking me to.

Keep painting! It's awesome. And if you get so inspired by TV and movies that you paint like this, watch LOTS (in addition to LOST) of TV. (Who the heck says 'Watch MORE TV'?. . . )
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-22-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Now I see, but I don't remember her clearly in Lost (what was her role/ part?).
    I saw this series few years ago, but I stopped little after the second series because I (and my family in this rare case of TV concurrence) started to find it changing from continuously enthralling and intriguing to more and more boring (sorry dear D Akey for agreeing with You only partially here) because stories and mysteries were piling up more quickly than solving, with many flashbacks, flashforwards, flashasides and flashindream. I had the impression that the actors and the events were becoming somehow more and more "pulled and tired", the characters more and more "manieristic", "picturesque", "statuary", less universal and with just a flavour of real international and cultural variety.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Keep painting! It's awesome.
    Thanks Next painting I will try a different approach: more brush and less knife, more loose, less polished, stay tuned! Caesar her role is that of a mum of a newly born child, but then she will became evil (thanks Akey)

Exclamation Update!

Hi Everyone! Lindsay Lohan in court (14 hours + 8 for polishing, no tracing).
    Click to see larger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lindsay3.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	420.2 KB 
ID:	78724
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 01-04-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Nice Lindsay!
    I like the "more brush and less knife, more loose, less polished" direction on this one!
    Do miss the Freckles though,
    Again nicely done!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Nice Lindsay!
    Do miss the Freckles though,
    Again nicely done!
    Steve
    Thanks dear stevemawmv!
    Sorry for the missing Freckles; wait for the next painting of Lindsay <8coming in 2 weeks or so ... (I wish I had more tome to paint): I'm planning to do a super hyper mega detailed face!

Don't be sorry for anything, I like your painting of Lindsay!, in fact, yours has a more convincing look on her face then the photo! It wasn't a challenge, sorry if it sounded that way.

Always look forward to all your new paintings!,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    It wasn't a challenge, sorry if it sounded that way.

Always look forward to all your new paintings!,

Steve
    Hey don't worry! To me it sounded like a nice comment I like the overall expression of my painting, You're right I think it's more intense than the one on the photo (poor Lindsay). Thanks again for the compliments! Next painting will be AMAZING

Hello, Andrea!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hi Everyone, now Lindsay is (kinda) polished; I kept the "dirty" look and used A LOT of frosting to simulate the freckles
    Lindsay's trying to edit and clean her own self up, just gave her another look...and again 'like your edits'! But unfortunately, when it comes to her own life, I personally think your getting more done with your edits then she is!
    Thanks for your reply in my thread...Yes!... It's me as a little guy...and looking forward for the 'Sarah painting'!
    Take Care,
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lindsay.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	476.3 KB 
ID:	78190  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 12-08-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Hi Dear Steve, I hope she will get it together, I think she has talent (shown in movies like "Mean girls" and more recently in "Bobby"). She's very photogenic and I think I will paint her again. As for "Buffy" the painting is in early stage but so far looks promising, it's complex and it will take several weeks to be finished . PS the Cintiq13hd arrived but I will send it back, what a disappointment (see the technical section if you want to know why). Thanks for stopping by! Take care