ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: my first!

my first!

Hi,

I'm new at AR and this community and I want to show you my first "drawing".... when you could call this a drawing!!! ops: I'm totally NOT satisfied - so I want to ask you whats so wrong with this.

Have a nice day

- mBee -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melissa_bear_photo_518.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	13205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	melissa_bear_606.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	13206  

Hi mBee and welcome..you might get a better result with totally smooth paper ...................;just turn the roughness down to zero.
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Hi mBee. It looks like you used chalk so you could also try increasing the pressure setting. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you both for your answers. I will paint it again. But I decided to learn some basics first :wink:

I'll let you know when I have some new drawings :lol:

Hello,
    I do most of my ArtRage painting with the pastel/crayon tools as well.
    I have found that it helps to either paint a flat neutral layer behind your painting or just selecting the blackboard to paint on (I'm using the blackboard for the painting I'm working on now)You will still get the nice texture that I love from the pastels,but it will be more like a real pastel board and not the harsh white pixels showing through.

If you are using chalk, try adding the pencil tool for very fine details. At exploded views the pencil at 1 to 3% works better for very fine details, as opposed to chalk. Then again it depends upon you style and technique, not all artists believe attention to fine detail is part of their ingredients.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

How cute!

I think others have commented on the porousness where so much white is coming through. I would expect that is from all the powdering diapers?

What a great age! I remember my son at that age and my wife took a picture of him in some outfit like this one -- with ears. Very charming. Melts my heart.