Thread: Weird little eraser bug

Gallery
    View images

Weird little eraser bug

I used to work in IT, so I'm pretty sure I'm not giving you guys enough information on this one. Let me know if you need system specs and all that.

Here's the deal: Every now and then, I'll flip my stylus over (Wacom Intuos 3) to use the eraser, and every time I lift the eraser off the tablet, I can see the cursor for whatever drawing tool I'm using with the other end--it just blinks there briefly like it can't tell if I'm drawing or erasing. It's almost always the chalk tool, but it's happened once with the pencil tool. Once I put the eraser down again, it's back to normal. Except...

When it happened with the pencil tool, I'd use the eraser and it would draw with the pencil--sometimes, not all the time. I'd undo the pencil marks (one of my Wacom buttons is set to "undo") and try it again, and it would erase as normal the second time around.

This has only happened yesterday and today; never before. I did upgrade to the latest version when it came out. I haven't updated my Wacom drivers in years, so that might be the problem.

It's completely nonobtrusive and not annoying at all, but I thought you guys would like to know this is happening with the eraser tool.

As I said before, let me know if you need system specs and all that. And keep up the good work! I love this program to death.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the information, Adam!

I've not yet seen this myself, so just in case I think I'd recommend grabbing the latest drivers from the Wacom site, and if you're still getting it I'll have a few more shots at reproducing it here on my system ( at which point, let me know your operating system and version if possible ). Glad to hear it's not causing a big problem though!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design