ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy SOB

Creepy SOB

Hi! Remember me? I posted here briefly, then got a job drawing historical figures in Kiss makeup. :lol:

So, I gotta say: you guys make a mean painting program, but I've been using AR primarily as a concept-sketch engine. I can do things with the Pencil tool in AR that I can't do in real life--maybe I need to buy more expensive pencils or something. :wink:

This Pencil tool is incredible. I can go from thin and scratchy 6H-style pencils all the way up to super fine-tipped grease pencil. You know how hard it is to get a decent point on a grease pencil? They're made of grease! You just end up feeling like Sisyphus.

My favorite thing is that, when I erase, all pencil lines are GONE. I use toothy paper in real life, and you can never quite erase everything you've drawn. Which really cramps my mojo sometimes.

Anyway, art!

I'm not done with it yet (obviously), but I wanted to illustrate what I'm blabbering about.

A close up:

Someone put Crazy Juice in this guy's Cheerio's, and I've tried three or four times to get that looking right on paper. Couldn't do it.

Took me about 20 minutes in AR. You guys save me so much time and money. I love you all. :lol:

Man, this is so much fun.

Keep in mind that all I'm using right now is the pencil tool for all whites and blacks. Varying in width from 52% to 100%--the original is 1280 x 1024.

The blues are on a layer underneath and are done with chalk, then abused and molested with the palette knife.

So, only three colors and three tools. Minimalism! :lol:

Pencil settings:

Pressure = 100%
    Softness = 100%
    Tilt = 28%
    Precise = ON

Chalk settings:

Pressure = 50%
    Size = 100%

Art:

I can't stop working on this thing today. :lol:

Chalked in his skin in a new layer underneath the pencil layer. Oh, and I put in some lightning.

All that's left now is to properly illuminate the figure:

Aaaand...I think I'm done with it:

Chalked and pencilled in some highlights. Turned the Chalk pressure down to 6% for the body highlights. The chalk tool at that setting is so smooth and buttery, you'll wanna rub it all over your body, light some candles, and make an evening of it. It's awesome. :wink:

Click the picture for the actual size.

That was fun! Er...even though no one's noticed it yet. :lol:

I'm sure you guys will see it eventually.

I've noticed....... :lol: :lol: and it's excellent

Thanks! I think I need to work on his pecs a little more, though.

That's just bad@$$. Very cool.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Fashmir!

Thanks, man!

Great job! Thanks for sharing the progression of this. Amazing details and effects in this.

Drawing, inking and lightenings effects are just gorgeous!!! You have enormous talents for comics!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!