Thread: First Post!

Gallery
    View images

First Post!

Hello all,

I'm new to ArtRage although I did play around with the trial version for a bit.
    Loving the software and having needed some help with a few log-in issues , I can safely say that the support seems to be as fine as the program (thanks David!)
    Here is me first pastel effort done just recently,and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to reduce the number of white pixels that aren't paintable that you get when using the chalk/pastel brush? I was hoping to be able to paint some of them out on a seperate lower layer,but it didn't seem to work that well.I know that these are needed to help achieve the pastel look,but any advice on controlling the #'s would be great!

Thanks for looking...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Splotch...wonderful painting..... You could try lessening the roughness of the paper.(just click on tools then, Layer options, then edit paper settings to change the roughness of the paper)

Gallery
    View images
    Also try increasing the pressure setting. Excellent image none the less. Hope we'll see more.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated. They both helped out (I am not yet used to additional options in the full version I guess).
    I also have since found that painting or rolling on an under layer of a neutral colour helps . Even when you do have some pixels show through( which I do like) it isn't a harsh white.

Thnx!

Gallery
    View images
    it is a different style, tht s all! i like it a lot like this! so fresh
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, i sleep all night and I work all day!

Gallery
    View images
    Very cool.

Welcome!

I think you'll like the full version.

Gallery
    View images
    If you want a stroke style that is more solid at the centre, but still has nice break-up at the edges you could try this:
    Select the Marker Pen tool. Take the wetness down to zero. Select the 'Art Pen' option for a more opaque stroke. And set the softness down toward zero as well. You should probably take the pressure control down a bit as well to give you the ability to do a lighter stroke.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I tried that out and it seems to what I was looking for.It still looks like pastel but the "empty "pixels are much easier to paint over.

Thanks Andy.