Thread: i'm a newbie~hello

Gallery
    View images

i'm a newbie~hello

[/b]hi,i'm new to this,i have been creating tags using other artists copyright material for a couple of years now,and want to create my own art work,backgrounds etc,so i received a Wacom Bamboo one for Christmas,if someone can point me in the right direction to get started i would be very grateful,plus any tips etc,thank you kazzstudent

Gallery
    View images
    Im in same situaton, Only thing ive noticed that helps is to make sure you treat it like pen and paper =]

Gallery
    View images
    Welcome, both of you! If you're just gettin started with ArtRage:

Make sure you have the latest version. You can grab it via "check for updates" in the Help menu, or download the latest installer from www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html

Doing this will make sure you have all thew new goodies, features and fixes, so definitely worthwhile.

Matt, who designed the interface, wrote the manual for ArtRage ( accessible from the help menu ) in a non-technical style, so this is a good place to start for a general overview of how the tools and features work.

Beyond that, you might be interested to take a shot at some of the tutorials on our tutorial page - www.artrage.com/artragetutorials.html especially the quickstart tutorial.

If you want to learn how to do specific things, the tips and tricks forum here can be handy, check the sticky post at the top of that forum where a list of tutorials has been composed by helpful users ( thanks for that! )

Hope that's of some use! You're always welcome to ask questions of course, too!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    thank you for your welcome,just done my first painting,i'll get better with time,there are some great tips in here,thank you for the tips,ks

Gallery
    View images
    the link for the tutorials doesn't exist,ks

Gallery
    View images
    The coding has picked up a comma at the end of the link. Delete it and you'll find the tutorials. I would post the correct address but as this is my first post, I can not. You'll also find lots of useful info under the tips and tricks section of this forum.

Enjoy!

Gallery
    View images
    Corrected the links. Sorry about that!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design