Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: airbrush tool all made with the mouse (don't have a wacom)

grain paper

how do i convert an image as grain?

Do a search on your computer for "Grains". It should show the folder within the Resources folder.

I'm trying to remember whether it is re-positionable once you have it in. But if you do the rubbing on a layer, that layer is? (Or if you have Gimp or Photoshop it certainly is and you can work back and forth.) Depends on if you're dabbling or are really intent on a result. Both are cool.

In other words I can't give you a formula that will work for all your possible needs, especially since I used it once a long while back for an effect that didn't require finesse. Jacktar is an expert. You may want to pick his brain on it as well.

And there probably are tutorials in the Tips n' Tricks section.

Never hurts to play around with it to see what it does and let ideas come forward based on what you discover.

I've found that most situations have their own unique needs and panaceas are elusive. And taking away the effort in one area merely puts that requirement on another area. BUT, that sort of process also leads to seeing things in new ways and can produce a distinctive, unique quality in your work that sets you apart. . . which may well also save you time once you develop in that direction.

Good luck.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

my best friend Cindy

this One is good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cindy_451.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	14565  

Hey, the linear part of the hair is really fine! Nice there.

The highlights could do with a little closer design to them since they don't quite represent highlights on the hair, but more floating light areas. Your thinking is correct. Just that as they are painted they are not very descriptive.

I have always found that highlights on anything are very telling regarding the nature of the surface. Down the road you may want to look at highlights and especially where the highlight ends -- the point of transition because that is a really good place to show the nature of your surface. Something like smooth metal would be really even and smooth, while the tooth of an orange peel would show up there. And hair is still hair, regardless how sculpted it appears in the photo, there will be some aspect of it that says 'strands'. And if the source photo does not show it, you may want to develop a way to indicate hair that says hair in your picture -- if you're doing something along the lines of realism.

But that hair itself is really great. Congrats on that huge jump in your results.

Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

my best friend

tank you for your tips.........i understand better now what u meant.........i hope i did the hilight on another layer........if not ill try to fix them ill show u the results

50 cent again

i think this one is my best one

Name:	50_cent1_151.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	14633  

The latest portrait paintings are wonderful. Do you use only airbrush?

bedo, cindy, and gabriella alanna mackenzii are absolutely
    fantastic portraits. Super viewpoints and great style. I love the smoothness you created with the airbrush. These are really good. I mean really good.

only airbrush

thanks pai .......Yes i use only the airbrush exept for the neckless or chains..........excuse my english......the french word is colier......i use the paint tube with metalic paint but its only for a mater of saving time because its easy to do with the airbrush too............and sometimes for the background i use oil brush. thats all. thank you very much for your encouragement!

cindy revisited lol

here i tried to fix the highlights.......and no they was'nt on another layer so the result is not optimal.........and i also improved the left edge of the face with a bit of shadowing

Name:	cindy_129.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	14650