Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: airbrush tool all made with the mouse (don't have a wacom)

WOW

i admit that i did'nt know i was able to do that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mackenzi_967.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	14386  

Were they are done by stencils? They are all very nice paintings and well done. I like your self-portrait and the last one.

Nice work!

She looks like a conglomerate of women I know.

Take the eyes from one, the mouth from another and the slip from anoth. . . wait. . . I mean, she looks like she could have been in a Victoria's Secrets catalog.

Nice job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ireland mckenzi

the better thing in that is she is a real person lolll
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She looks like a very real model to me. Beautiful lady. Nice painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

other friends portraits

i love to work with stencils!

Name:	bedo_122.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	14493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gabriella_alanna_mackenzii_377.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	14494  

a gorilla

no stencils this time...........do someone have a tip for making hair?

Name:	gorille_211.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	14495  

Nice stuff. I would take care about how slavish you are to the edges that come from stencils. Looks a little cut out. I haven't really used them, so I don't know if this applies, but you may want to play around with softening (blurring?) the focus of the edges (if it represents an exact copy of the BW image), or go back and manipulate it a little.

But it definitely has a look.

As to doing hair, there are as many ways of doing hair as there are doing water. Two successful ways are 1) think in terms of masses and planes with shadows and highlights and all that, where you would get progressively more refined until the hair appears (in humans, not even fur as much), 2) put in every hair and keep building it. But even at that one would use colors and values of how the light turns the form.

Try stuff. And look at how some of your favorite artists have done it.

Nice work. I'm only going based on what you've posted, but you feel like a social artist -- lots of different people with their own specific look and personality and so on. Like the casual attractive and youthful people one might accumulate in their lives. Says a lot about the artist too -- your age, your circle, the fashions and styles of your 'now', etc. Has something of a documentary feel.

I think that's a great way to go.

thanks for the tips

thank you for your comments........and recomendations...........as you may know......i never been an artist but i was only someone who was not to bad to draw and i discoverd art rage a few months ago....almost a year and i continue to experiment with it....the use of stencils are just another experiment.........i don't have a style of my own exept that i just love the airbrush tool........ill try oil paint when ill have a wacom(impatiently waiting for that) loll for human hair im please with my results because i know i can do better then that........im just a bit lazy :s lolll but for the fur??? there is got to be a way faster then hair by hair loll.........i would like to do like airbrush artist who do photorealism (im not sure about the right world in english sorry) the only reason why i draw young people is that they are my friends and young skin seem easier to do lolllll

thank you very much for your support..........if you have any link on an great artist of fur lolll could you post it here? thank you.

http://www.informartmag.com/printimages/41_358.jpg

Robert Bateman is a Canadian wildlife artist -- very well known.

You can do a search through the images on Google or somewhere.

He paints tight, or at least gives that impression from a reduced shot.

I'll tell you, if you had a stiff bristle brush that painted streaky strokes you could do with a big brush what you want and use that as your ground to develop on top of.

The other thing is that you could find a program that has programable brushes that paint lots of repetitions by just holding down the mouse button or who knows what can be done in some programs now with making marks. Then single stroke thin marks are not so time consuming.

Or you could do all that in the real world and scan it in and use it as a grain like Jacktar uses his grass textures. And just size it an overlay the body and do something like a rubbing.