ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what tablet to buy?

Gallery
    View images

what tablet to buy?

sorry if I posted this in the wrong section,any way. I thought it would be a good idea for people buying tablets.

I thought people could post about thier tablets to get an idea of what to buy.

Name:
    Company:
    model:
    price:
    size:
    software:
    any special features: (Eg: pressure sensitive)
    pros:
    cons:
    (optional)where you bought it:
    and mabey a picture

Edit: thought I would add some more stuff
    "If everyone gave an eye for an eye, no one would see" - Gandhi

4x5 Wacom Graphire
    On sell for $60
    Pro: Works great never had a problem out of it. Small size does not take up a lot of desk space. Came with nice software, of course I droped all that and got ArtRage, so thats moot.

Cons: Not sure, never tried any others to compare to. Maybe – due to its size drawing is more from your wrist and not full arm movements. Painters may not like that.
    Very Happy Owner of ArtRage Studio Pro!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for your post Blade_Pride. Could you perhaps give the model?

Its the wired Graphire, I think the Bamboo toke its place in the line-up. I also think you can get them with Artrage now.
    Very Happy Owner of ArtRage Studio Pro!

Gallery
    View images
    Forbes, your survey is too detailed. The answer to your question's really simple: you get a Wacom Intuos 3 if you can afford it, or a Wacom Bamboo if you can't. Most people find the 6x8 size to be the most comfortable, 6x11 if you've got a widescreen monitor. Fewer people, but still a substantial number, are perfectly happy with the 4x6 size, though I find it rather limiting. If this is your first experience with a tablet, give yourself at least a week of full-time use to get a feel for it; it will likely feel awkward at first to be looking at the screen and drawing somewhere else, but don't give up on it. Finally, many people find the tablet's smooth surface a bit disconcerting; considering placing a piece of paper on it to make drawing feel more natural.

If you search the forums for "which tablet," you should find at least two or three threads with several responses.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your decision. =)

(And happy new year!)

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks justG thats really helped basicly i couldn't afford the intous 3 so i ordered the medium white bamboo tablet for my birthday whicj is on the 7th , and a happy new year to.

Gallery
    View images
    A comment with my Tablets:
    First one: a Wacom 3x5 (I think) ", but for me not so enough surface to draw.
    Now, I have a Genius 6 x 8 ", and itīs more comfortable for me. It seems like my olds paper block, and pencil itīs so sensitive...
    Here at Santiago de Chile, there are only this 2 brand: Wacom and Genius.
    Most important: good drawings and paintings, and enjoy with AR.!!!!

I use a SONY VAIO PC where I draw right on the monitor. Once you go to direct contact to a screen,..a Wacom will never do. I used a Graphire for several years (and it was indeed very good) until I found this VAIO (a dream come true) a year ago and it made a HUGE difference. Next I will get a Tablet PC for times when I need more mobility. Motion makes the best for artists. The Mac Tablet Mod also is a great one.

If the price is keeping you from a Tablet PC, (and they can certainly be pricey!) I have found Wacom's to be the best tablet out there! Never tried the Genius tablet though.
    Todd P. Dolce

Gallery
    View images
    I use a Wacom Intuos 3 A5 Wide, and for me is the best choice if you have a widescreen monitor. I used a Graphire for several years, and it's a really good choice too.

If you need to directly touch the screen, choice a Wacom Cintiq. I tested a 19" and is a really pleasure!! A Vaio with touch screen is not an option for me. Very, very expensive.

I use tablet regulary for work with Photoshop and ZBrush. I am new on Artrage's World, and I think is a amazing piece of software :-)

Gallery
    View images
    I hemmed and hawed about three or four years ago, trying to work up the courage to plop down the money required for the Intuos 3 (mine's a 6x8, and ran about $350 at the time).

I'm real glad I did. I used a Graphire 4x5, and it's not even close. This tablet's paid for itself at least 20 times over since I bought it.

Currently saving up for a Cintiq.