ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ico_dY's Textures Pack! (Old thread, please follow the first post link.)

Gallery
    View images

Ico_dY's Textures Pack! (Old thread, please follow the first post link.)

Last edited by Ico_dY; 10-24-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Ico_dY

Thanks Ico_dY, I have not got into using textures yet, but I bet these will help show me the way.
    Very Happy Owner of ArtRage Studio Pro!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Dude. Oh man!!! Number 15 is just what I needed for my "Old Canvas Series".

[quote="D Akey"]
    I love the colors and the values and the mood is rich and old world (European) fantastic.

The only thing I would warn you about, that you may not yet be looking for is that when something is repeated, odd patterns will show up. It's about the canvas setting. It looks mechanical and is starting to feel ridged -- in the sky -- the light areas it's most apparent.

I would recommend that you make your own grain in black and white and use that. It will keep from taking on a mechanical look if you painted it at full resolution 1:1. Or perhaps you can photograph a blank canvas for the texture and convert it and import it.

[quote="RobertSWade"]
    DA ... first of all, thank you. And yes, you've hit on something that has been bothering me also. Apparently the canvas grain file is small and gets repeated over the image so that it shows up in ways that "might" be explained by "old world" stretching techniques but does present a visual regularity, in the lighter areas especially, that is distracting. I suppose I need to create my own "grain" that is somewhat analagous and sized to fit my prefered 1800x1200 format. I'm thinking that if this were printed on actual canvas, the effect might be minimized but not eliminated. I haven't tried printing any of these as giclees but I'm sure the "regularities" would still be there ... maybe even more so since it's such a smooth medium.

Gallery
    View images
    Hey, Ico_dY! What a phenomenal gift!

Yes, Robert. These are some directions that would need to be explored to see if they work for you. I don't think anyone would know what your post has to do with this, but I do, so here's my answer about grains in general.

Sometimes no grain is the right thing because many old paintings were so thick that the grain did not show through -- or it showed through in parts, or perhaps completely. I don't know what I think about grains as a way to make it look like faux classical. I don't think the grain was a big player in the end painting.

But using grains as a creative part of the picture holds lots of possibilities as part of the design perhaps.

I could see doing a deco design around some of the fine ones that Ico_dY has generously put up for all to use.

It would be great fun to play around with it.

And using these could lead to yet different ideas and so the visual process takes off to suit each artist. One thing leads to another as it were. One more infinitely variable tool in the ol' bag o' tricks.

Yay!

Gallery
    View images
    hay man?....thanx a lot!...not easy gettin all this down but i'm tryin like hell!!!...thanx again...

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bochi
    hay man?....thanx a lot!...not easy gettin all this down but i'm tryin like hell!!!...thanx again...
    Maybe the server is too busy at the moment, you should try a different hour.
    From Italy these files download is very fast in the morning... :wink:

Gallery
    View images

hay man?...thanx again..

i'm not sure on how to use these, however i do have an idea..just don't know where to put them in the program..if you could give me a hint or an answer?...that would be appreciated!...again...sooooo coool!...
    and thank you all for sharing...i will do the same as i learn and grow...

Gallery
    View images

ummm?...WOW!!!!!....

i just checked out your web site!...AMAZING!!!!....you did all of that in artrage?...WOW!!...Question?...do you use a tablet pc or wacom type?...I'm interested in exploring this medium a bit more...I've had artrage for about 2years now...just upgraded to the newest version and i am amazed at what can be achieved just with a mouse...as an illustrator-Airbrush artist...this is like a wet dream...no clean up..no mess...I'm just beginning to explore the other tools..so?...WOW again at what you have done...and thanx again for this gift!

Gallery
    View images

Re: ummm?...WOW!!!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by Bochi
    i just checked out your web site!...AMAZING!!!!....you did all of that in artrage?...WOW!!...Question?...do you use a tablet pc or wacom type?...I'm interested in exploring this medium a bit more...I've had artrage for about 2years now...just upgraded to the newest version and i am amazed at what can be achieved just with a mouse...as an illustrator-Airbrush artist...this is like a wet dream...no clean up..no mess...I'm just beginning to explore the other tools..so?...WOW again at what you have done...and thanx again for this gift!
    Thanks for your kind words, Bochi! ops:

About your questions...
    I'm working with a Wacom Intuos 2 tablet of A4 size.
    My old works was painted with a Japanese program named OpenCanvas, but recently I switched to Artrage because of its brush strokes rendering engine that is simply amazing.
    I think that Artrage is much better than other programs, but it's a bit hard to master for who don't know the analog way of painting (the digital manner is extremely different).
    The only real media I know are watercolors, but unfortunately Artrage don't have them at the moment, so I had to study very hard the others one (like oil colors, etc.). :wink:
    Now finally I have a very natural feeling when I use Artrage...

I really appreciate your comments and I'm waiting to see your Artrage paintings!