ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can't make Airbrush light enough

Gallery
    View images

Can't make Airbrush light enough

Even when I have pressure set to 1%, the Airbrush isn't light enough for my purposes, such as making highlights... I like to go in light and add, rather than spray on too much, which is what I get even with 1%

Any thoughts? Maybe put the Airbrush on its own layer, and change that opacity?

thanks!

archer

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Archer. Turn it down to 0% (which is still something). Also, make sure AutoFlow is switched off. If you're using the mouse, you can then do single-clicks to add as much or as little spray as you like to add to small areas, or do long strokes that wont build up too quickly.
    As an alternative to just using white for lightening, you could use a ligher version of the colour you're lightening.

Which version of ArtRage are you using, by the way? I stepped the flow of the airbrush back a bit in 2.11

Yes, you can do highlights and shading on a separate layer, with partial transparency. Unfortunately the transparency is lost if you merge the layers, but it does remain if you're exporting the result.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    2.11 is what I have..

I'll try your suggestion..thank you!

archer

Gallery
    View images
    turning Airbrush to 0 hardly makes a diff. at all..I think I'll go with highlights on a sep. layer, then export as needed.

archer

Gallery
    View images
    Something odd is going on for you archer... with light settings as Andy mentioned, I can make strokes that are barely visible. The same occurs whether I use a mouse or my tablet.

One thing I can think of would be that you are using a tablet and perhaps have the sensitivity set fairly high, so even your lightest strokes are interpreted as having a rather high pressure. I don't know though... I'm just brainstorming.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    I'll have to take a look at that angle..I do have some play left on my tablet sensitivity settings..

thanks!

archer

PS..yeah..that was it. had it set too Soft.

Gallery
    View images
    Glad I could help.

Happy stroking. Or something like that.

D.