ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: info please

info please

Hi all i've got my mac book and something happened today and i'm not sure what to do any help please

The mac locked up so a powered it down and when i restarted it all i get is a flashing folder with a ? on it i'm not sure how to get pass this.

If anyone knows please help

Edit update: got it to reset now i have a apple and a wheel at the bottom going around been like this for 15 mins
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Hi Cripster,

My understanding of it is that flashing symbol means it cannot locate your operating system to boot from.

There are a couple possibilities:
    1) you have a removable disk in your drive that you can remove and try booting again (meaning that you have set your computer up, or someone did, to look to your removable drive first for the operating system).

So check to see if there's a disk in your removable drive. If there is take it out and try rebooting.

Telling it to look there was perhaps done in the system preferences inadvertently and the trick is to get it running and make sure the main hard drive is selected to boot from.

2) You fried your main drive or the info got scrambled on it or something (could be a small line of code).

So, I think you might try the first possibility I listed. And if that doesn't work, if you have a boot disk of some sort that could get you into looking at it . . . yadda yadda. That's where my experience ends.

I have in the past had to re-install my OS, but that's a last resort and only done by ignoramuses like me who don't know the trick to get past it normally. And the other thing is to go to the Apple site and ask them in the forums, where help is free. Those guys specialize in those kinds of questions.

Good luck! It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    Hi Cripster,

My understanding of it is that flashing symbol means it cannot locate your operating system to boot from.

There are a couple possibilities:
    1) you have a removable disk in your drive that you can remove and try booting again (meaning that you have set your computer up, or someone did, to look to your removable drive first for the operating system).

So check to see if there's a disk in your removable drive. If there is take it out and try rebooting.

Nothing in the drive only got cd/dvd drive

Telling it to look there was perhaps done in the system preferences inadvertently and the trick is to get it running and make sure the main hard drive is selected to boot from.

2) You fried your main drive or the info got scrambled on it or something (could be a small line of code).

So, I think you might try the first possibility I listed. And if that doesn't work, if you have a boot disk of some sort that could get you into looking at it . . . yadda yadda. That's where my experience ends.

I have in the past had to re-install my OS, but that's a last resort and only done by ignoramuses like me who don't know the trick to get past it normally. And the other thing is to go to the Apple site and ask them in the forums, where help is free. Those guys specialize in those kinds of questions.

Good luck! It sucks.
    I've got in ok but now it runs like a snail lol, i've gone to the Apple site and posted something in there, so i hope i get a reply soon

Thanks for the help will let you know how a get on
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2