ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Beginner question

Gallery
    View images

Beginner question

Hello!

Not quite sure as to where this should be posted, but did a search first and found nothing relevant. Is there a way to set the background of the window, as in the area behind the canvas, to a solid colour or texture?

Regards,
    Isamael

Gallery
    View images
    You can set the texture (grain) and surface color two ways: when starting a new file or by editing the paper settings in the current file by clicking on the < arrow in the preview window. A layer can then be added but isn't strictly necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I am not at my computer with Artrage on it so I can not check, but I know I did it last night.

Select a color with one of your tools (oil brush) that you want the background to be. Zoom out so you can see background, and then click on the background and it will change colors. You may need to hold down Ctrl or Alt canít remember or maybe it was a right click of the mouse.

Sorry I only did it once and it did not stick in my head. I know its in the Manuel.
    Very Happy Owner of ArtRage Studio Pro!

Gallery
    View images
    I will call you Ishmael. . .

Here on the Piquad, we be searchin' for the elusive white canvas. But just when we think we've spotted 'im on the horizon, the closer we get, the more color we soon find all over his skin. So we keep searchin'. . .

Welcome, shipmate.

Robert, that's an ingenious solve! Good one.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you kindly for your replies, it was solved by selecting a colour of my choice, then Alt+Click on the background. Sorry Robert, didn't quite understand what you meant, perhaps my question was a bit blurry and a misunderstanding occurred.

Makes it alot less of a strain on the eyes to have a darker background surrounding the canvas.

Gallery
    View images
    Ah. You were talking about border color? I thought you meant canvas color.