ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problems with Artrage 2

Problems with Artrage 2

Hey all,

For christmas i recieved a wacom bamboo fun medium which came with adobe ps5 and artrage 2.

I loaded the tablet software and drivers onto my desktop pc running Windows XP( sp2 ), and found the software a dream to use.

However, i have also loaded the software onto my laptop which is running vista premium and have had a few problems which i'd like to sort out. I can tell that the tablet itself is working due to the fact that i can interact with the screen and click etc. However, when i open artrage i am confronted by an error message stating that "There is a problem with your tablet driver", it then tells me to restart or reinstall/update the drivers which i have tried several times.

After closing this message, another appears saying that "Application will only run on a wacom tablet. The error messages are attached,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Wildfireharmony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled_535.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	12665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_335.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	12666  

Gallery
    View images
    It sounds like the first message under Vista is being caused by the tablet drivers failing to initialize, which is then causing the second message of ArtRage Wacom edition not recognizing that there is a tablet attached. (ArtRage Wacom edition will ONLY run if there is a Wacom tablet attached)

The most likely cause of the first message is that you dont have the latest drivers - double-check on the Wacom.com site that you have the latest drivers for Bamboo under Windows Vista.
    You should have a Wacom tablet applet under the Windows Control panel. Test to see if that applet can find the tablet, and report pressure etc.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks for the support Andy, however i have used the applet you speak of and pressure sensitivity etc is recorded and the tablet is mapped to the screen after i updated the drivers. However the problem with artrage still remains. I am also getting an error message upon start up, which occurs even with the tablet still plugged in. It states that Wacomservice has failed and closed.

Any further support would be appreciated guys

Regards,
    Wildfireharmony

Gallery
    View images
    Okay, I'll have to do some more testing here.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"