ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Painting fills inside ink lines.

Gallery
    View images

Painting fills inside ink lines.

As some of us tend to make inked artwork like children illustrations and Anime here is a quick tip when filling a lower layer with paint to show inside the ink lines.

After you finished painting the ink lines in its own layer, below this make two more layers. Then use the paint roller brush to make one layer completely white and the other layer completely black. Make them invisible and always leave these layers below any fill layers you are painting. An example for usage; If I am painting the skin of a character I would make the black layer visible. And when I paint I would generously paint past the ink lines and later erase up to the lines. The black layer couuld easily show any paint that I miss erasing. I would turn the white layer if I am erasing a dark paint layer. I am doing this in just about all my stuff lately.

Gallery
    View images
    That's a good suggestion. I do that sort of thing in Photoshop alot when I'm cutting something from a photo.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    It helps quite a bit. I am always looking for random bits of color that does not need to be there.