Thread: Can't start lines on right side of screen

Gallery
    View images

Can't start lines on right side of screen

Hi there.

I'm using a Wacom Graphire tablet (CTE-440). No matter how I adjust the settings, I cannot start drawing on the right quarter of the window. If I start a line on the left or center, I can continue the line onto this space, but I cannot start a line there.

Has anybody encountered this? Does anybody know what's going on? I'm using Vista, and I have the most current Wacom Vista driver. It is work-aroundable (by moving the paper) but it's really really inconvenient.

Gallery
    View images
    It doesn't work with a mouse, either....

Gallery
    View images
    Anyone?

Gallery
    View images
    It's not a problem I've seen before.
    Could it be the gadgets sidebar window being overtop the ArtRage window?
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Opened up Artrage after getting a new pen for my tablet a year later. Discovered the same problem, also present on the lower side of the screen. Did discover that if I zoom out enough I can access the entire page, so it's something to do with the location on my screen, somehow.

I don't run the sidebar, fwiw.

Gallery
    View images
    Here is a screenshot of the effect. It's a little complicated, because I can drag lines started in the working area over to the non-working area, and can not drag lines 'started' in the non-working area to the working area. I used lines (drawn with my mouse to demonstrate it's not just a tablet problem) to figure out where the edge of the workable area is.

I did see that there was somebody else reporting the same problem in a later thread. (showthread.php?t=9418)

I'm thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I'll post the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	art test.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	24498  

Gallery
    View images
    Uninstalled, removed every trace of Artrage I could find, reinstalled. Same behavior.

Unfortunately this is the only Vista computer in my house, and installing it on the other machines would not let me use it as I'd like to.

Gallery
    View images
    Yay!

On a whim, after browsing the forums, created a no_ink.inf file in the resources folder. Now it works!

Stupid Vista...