Thread: Got a new toy... need AR support for it!

Gallery
    View images

Got a new toy... need AR support for it!

So I just got a new toy: the Wacom Art Pen (sometimes called the 6D pen, I think). It is the one that has a chisel-tip, so it *could* work like a calligraphy brush, for example.

In Painter, they have a set of brushes that use this pen's features... though of the 8 or so, about 5 crash Painter on my system!

It would be wonderful if AR supported this pen, too! (please!)

D.

Gallery
    View images
    Fashmir - if you happen to read this, I was wondering if you have this pen. It is compatible with your new toy, too (the Cintiq).

I will be using it with an Intuos 3 (6x8).

D.

Gallery
    View images
    We'll be looking at ways to support other Wacom pen properties in later releases of ArtRage.
    And we'll see if we can do it without causing crashes!

Mind you, every time we need to support a new bit of hardware, we have to go out and buy the hardware for testing purposes.
    We were lucky with the Cintiq - the distributor here loaned us one for a week. (Free plug for Renaissance Ltd. We love you!)
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Code:
    Dear Wacom,

Please send Andy a new pen.  If he talks about it enough in the forums, you'll sell a lot more!

Thank you,
    The Feature Hungry Masses

By the way, I got the crashing to stop. I reset all my setting to the default... which I must admit, Corel told me to do when I installed the last upgrade to IX.5. (Don't ever start numbering releases like Corel does!)

D.

Gallery
    View images

6D Art Pen

I just got one too. Yesterday, in fact, and I haven't had a chance to play with it much. I did notice it didn't do much in AR. that can't already be done in the tool picker thingy. I've only had my Wacom Intous 9x12 a little over a week and it came with Painter basic but when I opened it I started to sweat and had an anxiety attack. And the reviews say it's supposed to be intuitive?!? Uh Huh..... ArtRage, now that's inuitive!

I did read that Painter has a Crowquill pen and ink tool that I really am interested in as I haven't had any luck at all faking that. I've used Rapidographs(or the newer, cheaper versions) in allot of my work and would love to contiue digitally.

Gallery
    View images
    drzeller- I don't have that pen. I would love to try it but doubt it is the time to be asking for one on the heels of getting a brand new shiny Cintiq. It's a great studio to work for but budgets are still a reality. I look forward to a day when a Cintiq like device of the future will recognize multiple points of input on the screen and we can actually have bristle brushes with little sensor/emitters in the tip of each bristle. I hope we're all alive and ArtRaging when that happens.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Well, Fashmir, I hope you do as excellent work there as here, and someone decides you need an extra, little bonus!

I made the mistake of upgrading to Painter 9.5, and it crashes constantly. I can't even open the About box! I "downgraded" but now neither 9 or 9.1 work! I'm not going to re-do my OS for this, so for now... no Painter. Which also means my $70 new toy has no purpose.

Thanks for responding...

D.