Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Error when Starting Up

ArtRage Error when Starting Up

Hi,

I updated my Wacom edition of ArtRage running on Windows Vista Ultimate yesterday via the ArtRage Updater as it said a new version was available. However, now when I try to start up I get the error message "A requested resource was not found Error creating a new ArtRage Window" and the program never starts up. I have attached a screen print of the error message.

Could you tell me how to fix this problem please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    It looks like it's not finding the resource files ArtRage needs to create it user interface. So something may have gone wrong with your update.
    Uninstall ArtRage completely, and re-install.
    When you updated, you will have downloaded a new installer.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks

Thanks, doing a complete wipe and reinstall seems to have fixed it.

Gallery
    View images
    Could this be related to the error I'm getting on OS X when I try to start ArtRage: "A requested resource was not found."? The first time I started the program it worked great. The second time (after a sleep, and this time with my Wacom tablet plugged in), I got this message, and now I get that message every time.

I trashed the application and reinstalled from the pkg file, but it still happens, whether the tablet is connected or not.

Gallery
    View images
    That error message generally indicates that Artrage is unable to read its resource file. Does it work after a restart? ( just wondering if it relates to sleep in some way ). It may be worthwhile running a file permissions check using Disk Utility.

Otherwise, in case of a problem with the installer, I'd recommend downloading the latest version from our Member area at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/members and installing that.

1/ Click on 'Register' and follow the instructions
    2/ Log in and go to 'My Products'
    3/ Add your key, and click the download link to access downloads for all the current versions of ArtRage

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    That error message generally indicates that Artrage is unable to read its resource file. Does it work after a restart? ( just wondering if it relates to sleep in some way ). It may be worthwhile running a file permissions check using Disk Utility.

Otherwise, in case of a problem with the installer, I'd recommend downloading the latest version from our Member area
    Thanks. It doesn't work after a restart (or several restarts, as I've found ;p). It's also the starter edition that's failing, as I haven't purchased the product yet. I have the same problem after re-downloading and running the installer. Could it have anything to do my computer's language (sometimes 日本語, sometimes English)?

OS X 10.5.6

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that. Does running a permissions check and repair using Disk Utility change the behavior? Also if you browse to your Applications folder and double click the 'ArtRage 2.5' icon do you get the same result? ( if you're currently accessing ArtRage via an alias or double clicking a painting )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Thanks for that. Does running a permissions check and repair using Disk Utility change the behavior? Also if you browse to your Applications folder and double click the 'ArtRage 2.5' icon do you get the same result? ( if you're currently accessing ArtRage via an alias or double clicking a painting )
    The permissions check doesn't seem to have helped. Double-clicking the "ArtRage 2.5 Starter Edition" icon in /Applications doesn't fare any better than what I was doing, opening it via Spotlight.

Is ArtRage a Java program? Does it matter which JVM I default to?

Gallery
    View images
    It might be related to the language switching, though I'm not sure exactly why that would cause a problem.

ArtRage stores its preferences in a language file that is saved in:

Macintosh HD/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/Ambient Design/ArtRage 2

If you check there and delete 'language.prs' does that help?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    I have the same problem.

I'm using a Japanese windows XP tablet pc

The program runs fine if it can't find "Ambient Design" in the user Application Data folder.

So I just delete it before running artrage
    Last edited by Rinick; 04-16-2009 at 11:28 PM.