Thread: The Giant Hunters-- first Artrage Image

Gallery
    View images

The Giant Hunters-- first Artrage Image

Hello, all-

I have been reading the forums today and you seem to be a great bunch of folks. Glad to be here.

Anyway, I had been looking to get a tablet PC and a satsifying art program to go along with it fo a few months. It looks like I may have lucked out all around right off the bat on this venture.

I got a Fujitsu 4010 tablet PC off of ebay (looking to get the best machine I could for least amount of money.... in case I didn't care for the experience) and I had heard nothing but good things about ArtRage and its ease of use. Plus, ArtRage is much more affordable than most paint programs.

So far, I have nothing but great things to say about both the machine and the painting software.

Attached is an image (my first) that I created with ArtRage. I would very much like artistic feedback on it. It is probaly more of an illustration than a painting, and more of a sketch than an ilustration... but, fire away. Let me know what you think.

It probably took a total of about 6 hours. It's rough, but considering I hadn't used painting software or a tablet PC before, (I do work in computer graphics and use Photoshop a lot, but hadn't tried painting this way before) it seemed like such a natural marriage of media, I quickly didn't even realize that I wasn't using traditional tools. This surprised me greatly. I really have to hand it to ArtRage for knocking that perception down that painting on a computer would not feel natural. It was a lot of fun and really easy to get used to.

But, you didn't come hear to read my ramblings... you came to critique the art! So, please,let me hear it. Any and all feedback is welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Well fantastic for a first effort. I'm still slowly trying to learn the tools... I think it has quite a dynamic quality even for a sketch. Now you've made me a little curious about tablet PCs...

I'm sure you will progress to more involved works if this is just dipping your toes in the water
    AR 2.5 Full Ed, Wacom Graphire Bluetooth A5 (Buggy!), MacBook Pro 15"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, Furrtrap!

Yeah, my intent wasn't to try to sell tablet PCs, but I must say that I am way more impressed with digital painting on a portable laptop than I htoght I'd be. It is a lot of fun, and I am happy so far with the one I got.

'Dipping my toes in the water' is a pretty good term for where I am currently. I find that I don't have a ton of time to really sit for long periods and paint a proper, highly developed painting, but if I can steal some time and get an image that has a lot of character and tells a bit of a story, then I am satisfied.

Maybe after I get a few of these concepts created I will be inspired to take one of them all the way to a final, more detailed painting.

For now, though, I am pretty happy with the results and am having fun with it, so what more could I ask?

Thanks for giving nput!

A long open road where you can drive a lambo :P
    Gallery
    View images
    Thats great i think you could work on the sky a little more like add thunder or something
    Lambo........................

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

Looks like barbarians doing what barbarians do best!

I can hear the hollering and clank of metal on . . . well just about everything.

BERSERKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good first piece to show.

Welcome to the forums!

Gallery
    View images
    Complex image. Nice.